St. Elmo's Fire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

St. Elmo's Fire Reviews

August 17, 2017
Things that make you go hmmm
July 1, 2017
great cast. missing a plot. super weak characters. thin and a story that is not believable.
May 25, 2017
I suppose it is all right, but I've never been much of a fan of this Brat Pack drama. It's certainly underwhelming when you compare it to the likes of The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles. (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
½ May 12, 2017
Georgetown was probably embarrassed these characters were depicted as former students. Love this film, the peak of the brat pack and a really flawed group of characters in a compelling film.
½ March 25, 2017
Well directed, but the acting is mediocre. The story is really odd sometimes. Many stories going on at once but none of them are really that compelling. The end feeling I get from it is that they all still like each other but.. what? Nothing.
½ December 13, 2016
What a load of rubbish ! Pretentious acting by actors who literally amounted to nothing by their sum parts
October 4, 2016
I like they here the Movie film with Demi Moore and they here the Movie film is my the most best Idol and favourite Movie-film with her who is name Demi Moore in the 1980` s years Movie film with her who I like so very mucth and the most best they here Movie film with her with Demi Moore and they here Movie film is from 1980 in the 1985 years with her is name are Demi Moore who I like her who American female actor and American feamle Moviestar who I myshelf like her so very mucth and she are so god Girl and very mucth nice Woman and my name is Martin Hillstown? (Hillstad)
½ September 21, 2016
It's not a good movie, but it is an emotionally effective one. Perhaps it's the warm nostalgia, perhaps it's the perfect score, perhaps it's the fine moments each actor has; but, something lifts this above its poor script and the sense that what we're watching are randomly selected scenes from a multi-year television drama called "Twentysomething." Maybe it's the mythical miracle from whence the title came.
September 14, 2016
Not one I grew up with, but I have come to appreciate this later in life. A not so great 80's drama still beats most of the new ones, and I do like a lot of the cast, particularly Andrew McCarthy.
I think the brat pack stuff put me off when this was popular, but it does have a bit of depth to it.
September 12, 2016
Like the cast, about growing up. No moments really stuck out. Like the idea of big group of friends
August 19, 2016
A bunch of whiny rich kids who recently graduated from college sit around and um yeah they whine about their lives. Yes its got a great cast but that doesn't mean it's a good movie.
August 2, 2016
St. Elmo's Fire is an excellent film. It is about a group of friends, just out of college, who struggle with adulthood. Demi Moore and Rob Lowe give amazing performances. The script is good but a little slow in places. Joel Schumacher did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the drama and romance. St. Elmo's Fire is a must see.
May 4, 2016
This movie about 7 young Georgetown graduates who live in Washington D.C. has an excellent cast, a funny script, a wonderful soundtrack, and a great soap-operish plot. It's breezy and hip and while the characters lean toward the stereotypical, they are relatable, well-defined and very interesting as they make the transition in their lives from students, and the children of their parents to their own people with careers and relationships of their choosing. This is just a great pop x-ray of young adulthood that you can watch over and over again.
April 3, 2016
Classic....nothing more to say. I miss the 80's.
½ March 20, 2016
fairly irrelevant film about a group of kids doing some stuff and that. Just an excuse to flog the brat pack and a load of rubbish 80's music to the lapping 80's public.
February 24, 2016
meh...this movie felt like it would never end.
February 6, 2016
Great cast. First viewing I had a hard time sitting through it. Listening to all the yuppie-college-grad drama can be tedious. Second viewing I enjoyed it a lot more. I got into the characters and cared more. It's still no John Hughes, but it's still enjoyable. They did a good job here, but it's probably not for everyone.
½ January 27, 2016
It's good but it ain't no John Hughes. I am a fan of genre and you kind of have to be so if you don't like it. Eat me.
January 13, 2016
a booga booga oh oh oh
January 10, 2016
A classic. Classic cast. Classic sobby standards, nothing new really. Propably not even back then when all this was very new.