St. Trinian's Reviews

• Jul 29, 2019

I've loved this movie ever since i was a child, will rewatch this forever

I've loved this movie ever since i was a child, will rewatch this forever

• Jun 28, 2018

There aren't even words for how fun this movie is.

There aren't even words for how fun this movie is.

• Dec 16, 2017

Had a bit of a hope for a juicy plot but it was kind of boring.

Had a bit of a hope for a juicy plot but it was kind of boring.

• Jan 30, 2017

This actually was pretty good damn movie... came into this with zero expectations & was pleasantly and hilariously surprised.

• Oct 16, 2015

An ok film for a Sunday afternoon

An ok film for a Sunday afternoon

• Sep 26, 2015

Not exactly a spectacular showing given the long register of star studded names involved, but a decent enough watch. It's just a light hearted tame comedy about a school full of reject girls that have no other place to go in life because of their unique nature and inability or desire to learn. There's geeks, emo's, posh, first years, and chavs all of whom must band together with the teachers in order to prevent the education minister from closing the school down due to bankruptcy. How do they do that? Well, it's not quite as simple as getting better grades, and becoming a more appealing establishment, in fact given that's asking the impossible, they instead decide to steal a valuable painting in order to ensure financial security. It feels very much like another take on Johnny English with the slapstick nature and adolescent humour that's on show, which albeit inoffensive, has no real cutting edge or enticing effect to make one feel captivated until the very end. It does however have a very good soundtrack, and a traditionally British feel to it which is exemplified by solid performances from Colin Firth and Gemma Arterton. It's a pity Russell Brands meaningless character had to play a part, but you can't win them all, and it just showed his inability to be a versatile performer. I imagine this would be a sure fire hit with teenage girls, and there would always be an audience for this type of movie, but I can't ever imagine these sort of episodes to be able to offer us anything more than they already have within any number of sequels they may choose to throw out. As you can probably tell, this isn't really for me, nor would it be for anyone over the age of 18 I suspect.

• Sep 12, 2015

I only heard about and managed to see this a few years ago and I maybe wish I'd seen it earlier because I think it's a really great film. Not to hype it up loads, it's not an Oscar-type film. But it is a really fun, funny, joyful film which I advise to teens (that's when I saw it, I don't know to what degree it works with other ages).

• Mar 15, 2015

The type of humor wasn't very funny, and a,though it had a very impressive cast, the laughs weren't quite there. ~March 15, 2015~

• Jan 08, 2015

Great movie, still thoroughly enjoy it after 7 years. Not sure what everyone has against it (On here at least, it's popular amongst everyone I talk to)