Star Trek Generations - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Trek Generations Reviews

½ June 11, 2017
The best thing about this movie was seeing Captain Kirk and Picard come together but other then that there was not anything that good about this movie.
½ March 25, 2017
nice movie nice effects. stupid way of die for kirk. really the epic moment its cooking eggs and riding a horse? jeez...
½ February 27, 2017
It was awful. No, it was rubbish. A whole film....no sense. I am so disappointed that they kill off Captain Kirk. He is our hero. Why the writers to decided kill off Kirk? I don't understand.
½ January 23, 2017
A changing of the guard for the Star Trek universe which didn't generate all that much love and not quite sure why, it is by no means a perfect first outing for the majority of the cast but neither is it a flop. I like the new cast, the action is the best any Star Trek film had up to this point, the special effects still hold up to this day thanks to a mix of CGI and practical and the score is on point. I will say however that not all the humour works and that the script and the plot could've been more interesting.
December 29, 2016
Nothing makes any sense in this movie. The definition of an odd numbered Star Trek movie
December 26, 2016
The film where Captain Kirk dies twice. Data gets a sense of humour with hilarious and predictable consequences. Trek captains horse riding and cooking! Not sure even how the nexus worked or how they got there
December 22, 2016
The plot is a bit week, but lets be honest, the whole point of this film is to see Picard and Kirk teaming up to take down a villain. With that in mind, the movie does enough to keep me entertained. This film likely won't resonate with moviegoers that aren't Trek fans.
½ November 19, 2016
A mediocre passing from one generation to another. The villain is great. Kirk and Picard working together is a sight to see. But killing Kirk? Unacceptable. Sadly, The Next Generation cast would have mostly forgettable, or downright awful movies. This was only a sign of things to come.
October 17, 2016
Rewatched 2016-10-17
October 16, 2016
This film has everything!

Picard meets Kirk, Kirk's death, exploding stars, Klingon space battles, exploding planets, the destruction of the Enterprise, Picard crying, the Enterprise crashing into a planet, Christmas scenes, hand-to-hand fighting scenes in the desert, Scotty!, hostage negotiations, the holodeck putting the crew at sea, new uniforms, new communicators!

It's every Trek fan's wet dream!
October 11, 2016
Muy aburrida, la trama no me gustó, lenta, habían escenas que se podían eliminar fácilmente y que ni tenían sentido para mi, y los personajes no convencieron, no siento apatía hacia ellos.
½ October 1, 2016
This movie packs a lot into two hours, including the death of Captain Kirk and the destruction of Picards Enterprise. I think this movie will satisfy any Trekkie.
½ September 24, 2016
Seeing the 2 generations come together is a "fun" adventure, as Kirk would say. It shows how this next generation could carry the flame, until they went back to the beggining again with "Star Trek".
September 23, 2016
Love this movie. What a fun movie with our old friends from the Enterprise D.
½ September 17, 2016
Saw this with the kids. Pretty good.
September 5, 2016
My favourite of the TNG movies. It is a wonderful story, well paced and with some gut wrenching scenes.
½ August 26, 2016
Generations feels like a overblown episode of the television series, but it's not bad. There are some nice character moments and the iconic moments with both Kirk and Piccard together on screen. The plot is a bit bland, and the action isn't too exciting. The other characters are entertaining, but not too strongly involved with the story.
August 19, 2016
Thought this was a very fun segue from old to new - thought it deserved more than mostthumbs up others gave it. Time travel, old and new crew, a nexxus of dream state, made for a good time with some thoughtful twists.
August 16, 2016
Good acting, interesting story, good special effects for this time, Kirk and Picard together. This might not be the best star trek movie in my opinion but i think is up there. The problem with this movie is that is made for Star Trek fans, people that watch the series. Someone new, with no knowledge of starterk series watching this movie would have probably not like it. Asthe first of the next generation movies I believe they did a good job.