Starter for 10 Reviews

• Feb 24, 2020

Rebecca hall has always been so cute . 3.0 on the nose

Rebecca hall has always been so cute . 3.0 on the nose

• Sep 07, 2019

Maybe in 2006 filling the film with good songs was enough to make it work, but nowadays if you don't have a decent and story or some style to go with it, there is no song in the world that can save you, and this movie has neither.

• Feb 02, 2019

Good fun comming of age film. The cast is rock solid. The music is really good. A film about making mistakes and the love of your frinds and family

• Jul 25, 2018

I so wanted to like this movie. And I so didn't. Truth be told, I found Starter for 10 to be just to indie for me. There wasn't really a plot. It was a love story, and yet it wasn't a believable on. The movie did have some strong points. We had great actors that played their character's very well. This I think was the magic of the movie; you have characters like benedict cumberbach and James McAvoy playing complete fools, your bound to laugh. I admired the simplicity of the movie- as it is a movie cenetered around a university, it really did feel like characters abided by the idea of an "ol' college try". However, the movie was quite boring, as I feel most indies are. I don't think that the slowness of the movie makes it a bad movie, but I do think it makes it hard to pay attention. I think that, in the end, was its Achilles heel. I struggled to take notice of some of the better qualities of the movie simply because all I could think was when is this going to end?

• Mar 31, 2017

Enjoyable drama and student love story. Only bad thing about this movie is... it is British!

• Jan 01, 2017

Starter For 10 is a pleasant addition to the typical gentle Brit-com genre; perfect for a rainy Sunday afternoon. Nothing too demanding is expected of the viewer, but the plot trots along effortlessly. There are moments of humour, a few English cringe moments that'll send most of us reminiscing back to our uni follies, and of course a sentimental ending. Nostalgia abounds for anyone who remembers Britain in the 80s, University Challenge or Nicholls' original novel - the essence of which has been successfully captured on screen. There's added pleasure in watching a multitude of early career performances from now household names - all of which are perfectly cast - from James McAvoy, Rebecca Hall, Benedict Cumberbatch and James Corden.

• Dec 20, 2016

Not quite as bravo as the critics would have you believe, but a nice little film appetizer that's a good snack at its running-time length. The cast does a good job with what's almost a college stage play!

• Nov 12, 2016

Not much substance, but it's well acted and more thoughtful and slow than you'd think.

• Jun 24, 2016

Charming coming of age film with James McAvoy and the ever popular Benedict Cumberbatch playing the teammate you long to punch in the nose or head butt. The Brits know how to do this sort of film very well.

• Nov 22, 2015

A great cast that's fun to watch.

A great cast that's fun to watch.