Staying Alive Reviews

• Jul 23, 2019

One of the best musicals of the 80's .

One of the best musicals of the 80's .

• Jun 22, 2019

I've always loved this movie. More than the first one. The music is great and the ending is awesome. Definitely showing where Stallone was gonna go with the Rocky movies.

• Jun 05, 2019

This movie is awesome! Full of energy and great dancers. Big crush on Cynthia Rhodes and Finola Hughes. Gorgeous babes!!! John Travolta at his Best body shape ever!

• May 12, 2019

I love this movie! Stallone's brother in the cheesy night club band, Cynthia Rhodes' awesome dance skills, Travolta's bravado and thick Joyzee accent. It's great!

• Dec 04, 2018

Like its predecessor, the movie is only interested in Travoltaâ"except here, not in the character he plays, but in the actor himself, whose ego gets constantly stroked in this dated, facile vanity project.

• Nov 25, 2018

It's been a very long time since I saw this. A hot guy dances in this and there's drama and romance. I remember liking it. That the critics booed this while lavishing praise on Saturday Night Fever shows what a bandwagon groupie the average critic really is.

• Nov 25, 2018

Have to give it 5 because it's been panned so badly, really wasn't that bad a flick...always enjoyed the music and even some of the dance.

• Oct 31, 2018

As a sequel, I can see why most viewers are disappointed. SNF was a coming of age story which could tap into an emotional core most people could appreciate whether they experienced it or not. This is a different film. Tony is a man on the cusp of failing. He is so desperate to grasp for his dreams he's willing to surrender the things which are the foundation of his personality. Thankfully he recognizes the issue, and rectifies it. It's possible that this film actually requires a zeitgeist where Dancing With the Stars/Strictly Ballroom exists as it relies heavily on clues within the may dance routines to develop the characters and their motivations. Seeing John Travolta's stiff and constrained gyrations develop into (still somewhat stiff) free interpretation of the material is as eloquent an explanation of the characters journey as that portrayed through set-pieces which try to find a balance between acceptable and stilted.

• Jul 07, 2018

I may be in the minority, but I Loved this sequel. Loved a lot of the lines/phrases & I loved the music.

• Jun 21, 2018

This movie was one of the best, campiest movies of the time. I loved it sooo much and watch it whenever it is on tv. I mean,you get the strut, the love triangle, the happy ending, and some great music. What is not to love?