Stonewall Reviews

• Jun 13, 2018

A white man saving the world, LOL...You better watch the true story guys... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pADsuuPd79E

• Mar 16, 2018

I actually liked it! Jeremy Irvine is amazing as Danny! This movie is quite touching as well as well directed!

• Mar 06, 2018

o elenco como um todo não é terrível, mas a historia é bem fraca, e, aparentemente, não muito baseada na realidade.

• Sep 18, 2017

One of the best gay-themed movies I've seen so far!

One of the best gay-themed movies I've seen so far!

• Jul 02, 2017

A film about a boy who leaves his hometown after he is publicly humiliated and proves his luck in Manhattan at @Christopher Street, blends in and then goes through the famous 1969 Stonewall riots. The fight could have been better represented, the film centers on the drama which was good but leaves out all the best events, and the characters based on real people have a very short screen time.

• Jun 24, 2017

Not even historically accurate. The first brick at Stonewall was thrown by Marsha P. Johnson- a black trans woman. Say her name: Marsha P. Johnson. Yet this movie depicts some cis white dude throwing the brick. An utter insult to the gay rights movement to inaccurately depict such a historic event. Yeah sure, watch this movie if you want the colonized cisgendered whitewashed b******t version of gay history.

• Apr 16, 2017

For me very emotional and difficult to watch but glad I did.

For me very emotional and difficult to watch but glad I did.

• Apr 10, 2017

Plenty of Clichés but to be seen. Good point is: movie make us know unknown real characters

• Feb 22, 2017

One of the most pivotal moments of the gay liberation movement and LGBTQ history reduced to the backdrop of a coming of age romance told from the perspective of a fictional, white, cisgender, masculine gay stereotype. This is a whitewashed fantasy, and both we and the incredible true story deserve much, much better.

• Jan 07, 2017

Does Roland Emmerich realize Stonewall was about black drag queens and gays rioting right? Not some twinky blond fantasy of his from Kansas having a "hard time being gay"... they didn't look like rioters, they looked like the cast of Rent. Stop ruining history. Your movies have always been consistently bad. But holy s*** did you step in it this time.