The Straight Story Reviews

• Aug 15, 2019

David Lynch doing a Disney movie? You bet, and the result is incredible!

David Lynch doing a Disney movie? You bet, and the result is incredible!

• Jun 19, 2019

Slow burner but definitely has that Lynchian feel. Heartwarming, beautifully shot and well acted. Not my favourite Lynch film but definitely a good'en.

Peter B Super Reviewer
    Apr 14, 2019

14/04/2019

14/04/2019

• Apr 06, 2019

I really love David Lynch, however at this particular time of my life I'm more interested into social realism rather than surrealism and mysteries. That's why I am to state The Straight Story is my favourite movie of Lynch with this simple and touching story of an old man departing for his probably last journey in the life. This journey is not just an attempt to see his brother and reunite with him. This is also Straight's last life statement and challenge. He knows the life won't last and he decides to make a road-trip on a lawn-mower since he doesn't have driving license anymore. Lynch's movie is a rare example of his work based on the adapted screenplay. However, the way he pictures this journey is perfect. Alvin Straight possesses of tons of experiences, but he knows there is no way to utilize it anymore. It's a philosophical and beautiful picture of an old man whose life energy is waning, though his eyes are still young. I really love Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive, but I would call The Straight Story my favourite movie Lynch. Twin Peaks doesn't count!

• Feb 25, 2019

Lynch soobing your heart

Lynch soobing your heart

• Dec 06, 2018

One of the best road movies of all time. Truly one of Lynch finest films.

One of the best road movies of all time. Truly one of Lynch finest films.

• Sep 28, 2018

The Straight Story is anything but what you'd expect from David. It is a simple story, told in a simple way, without a lot to work with except Richie's performance, but man, does it hit you in the feels. I never thought that seeing a guy riding his lawnmower from one side of the frame to the other, while Angelo's amazing score is playing is enough to make me wanna curl up and hide my embarrassingly red eyes.

• Aug 05, 2018

A truly heartwarming masterpiece. Though a simple consept the direction and acting is first class.

• Jul 26, 2018

Couldn't finish it. It's so boring.

Couldn't finish it. It's so boring.

• Jun 05, 2018