Strange Days - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Strange Days Reviews

April 7, 2018
This movie is deep and very well created.I'm surprised he first time I watched it was 2018. Definitely worth it.
March 29, 2018
This movie was just alright to me. I enjoyed the plot and the different branching stories from it but this movie just seemed like it was missing something. I thought the selection of actors for the characters were pretty spot on and the director did a great job maintaining tension and suspense throughout the movie. As for the visuals of the movie I was actually very impressed, sure there were some darker settings in certain parts of the movie but there were also parts where there was a lot of color and interesting camera angles that really just entices you in the moment. Not gonna spoil anything for someone who has not seen this movie and may be considering watching it but the movie did have a good twist/ surprising moment where everything came together and made sense. Overall I'd give this movie a 3 out of 5 because I would recommend it but only as a movie to watch if you can't find anything else.
March 27, 2018
I had never heard of this movie before and was assigned to watch it for a college class I am taking.Apparently, it didn't do well when it first came out in 1995. I think that could be due to the fact that maybe it was too unrealistic for viewers back then. Keep in mind this was before technology became so advanced and the possibilities of experiencing virtual reality was unknown. Now we have the technology and people are able to create virtual realities online all the time through video games and social media sites. This is probably why their is a resurgence of popularity with this film 23 years later.
The film revolves around a device called a SQUID-Superconducting Quantum Interference Device- a headset that records the wearer's experiences for others to later plug in and experience themselves.Being wired," or "jacked in," as the movie's terms go is similar to a drug addiction. "This is not like, 'TV, only better,'" explains Lenny to a customer. "This is life. This is a piece of somebody's life. Pure and uncut, straight from the cerebral cortex. I mean, you're there, you're doing it, you're hearing it, you're feeling it." I gave the movie 4 stars because it has so many story lines going that it can be a little confusing. I think it it just focused on the virtual realities that the population became obsessed with and how scary and realistic that seems today,then it would have been worthy of four stars. It is definitely a movie worth seeing!
March 12, 2018
one of most underrated movies. music and CINEMATOGRAPHY is superb! what more do you want from 1995? avatar?
½ February 11, 2018
I liked this for the genre, and two actors I like.
December 27, 2017
In this sci-fi thriller written by the ever-so-wonderful James Cameron, and directed by the versatile Kathryn Bigelow, Strange Days is one of those movies where, technically, there aren't any villains. All there is just conspiracies, and trying to put them to rest. With great performances by Juliette Lewis, Angela Bassett, and an American Ralph Fiennes, Strange Days showcases Bigelow's talent as she throws the viewer through twists and turns that makes you wish it could go longer.
½ November 3, 2017
Nostalgic winch is not customer to Begelow movies, but superb as simple as that !
September 29, 2017
typical lame 90s movie
August 9, 2017
1961 Was 34 Years Old In 1995 And 1926 Was 69 Years Old In 1995 As Well.
July 30, 2017
This is definitely a forgotten classic that many don't even know about. Kathryn Bigelow's Strange Days is a mesmerising train ride that people, especially moviegoers, should see. It is a movie that no one should skip.
½ July 29, 2017
Story about a man who sells others people's realities with artificial intelligence. I loved the movie's story. The acting by Ralph Fiennes is good. But the directing is terrible. Half the time I was wondering when it was going to become a music video.
½ June 29, 2017
Great movie. While its story might not reach all of the thematic heights it seeks to reach, it's certainly an intriguing plot that is supported by phenomenal direction from Bigelow, including some of the earliest and most realistic uses of POV in film, as well as fantastic performances from its cast, especially Fiennes and Bassett.
June 20, 2017
Set in LA at the end of the century, this morality tales showed again the main problem in the director's work: The great divide between simplistic plots and technical sophistication.
March 31, 2017
After watching the trailer (which was such a rush), I had to see this film and I did! Directed by Katherine Bigelow, "Strange Days" features lots of fast paced action, great acting, pretty cool music (especially toward the ending), and a very interesting/engaging story of the mysterious murder of a prostitute involving SQUID discs (devices that record a person's memories and physical sensations that users experience), all set in a then-futuristic, yet chaotic Los Angeles. An underrated science fiction film, "Strange Days" will leave you entertained!
February 15, 2017
Nicely filmed and overall an entertaining movie. A little slow and the plot is a little thin at times.
January 21, 2017
Still holds up pretty well.
January 14, 2017
A cyberpunk classic that effected the genre even today.
November 27, 2016
Somewhere in the future which is now the past, a unique product can be sourced, it works in theories and the characters are likeable, but film drags for something that is not that complicated.
November 16, 2016
This is a pretty underrated movie that's pretty fucking awesome. Angela Bassett was a badass in this flick and the end of the millennium setting makes for a good set piece.