Stuart Little 2 Reviews

• Nov 14, 2020

A Truly Nice Film I liked this better than the original, and that''s a high compliment because I thought highly of the original film: Stuart Little. As good as that was, I just thought this was even better. All the voice-overs are excellent with Nathan Lane having the best lines as "Snowball," the cat. He was simply hilarious, line after line. The film once again features great colors, a virtual rainbow of them, especially with some of the inventive rooms in the Little house. The parents, once again, are super nice. It's a treat to watch Geena Davis and Hugh Laurie play an old- fashioned "Leave It To Beaver"-type couple. The film has no objectionable material and leaves you with a nice feeling. There are animated films or animated/real life combinations like this, that advertise "family-friendly viewing" but don't really deliver, instead sneaking in sexual innuendos and the like. Not here. This one is pure, morals-wise, except for one scene near the end when the mom (Geena Davis) tells Stuart and their son she's still proud of them even though they just got caught in a big lie. (Inferring that the lie was okay since everything turned out okay.) Other than that, nothing but good messages were heard and seen all around and this is a funny movie, to boot. Highly recommended for the family, and that's no cliché.

• Oct 25, 2020

22% "Unlike its predecessor, "Stuart Little 2" doesn't achieve any sarcasm for its stars, and leaves it a worthy, yet unproviding sequel".

• Jul 01, 2020

The story is so dumb it may not entertain even young kids.

The story is so dumb it may not entertain even young kids.

• Jun 28, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (3.5/5) A nice family-oriented story featuring several talking animals. Easy to watch, it's mostly light and fun with only a few chase scenes that might be scary for little ones, but probably not. Duration/Tempo: (3.5/5) At 1 hour and 17 minutes, it's a very, very short movie that felt longer, but it was still short. Cast & Crew: (4/5) Kudos to the live-action actors: Geena Davis, Hugh Laurie, and Jonathan Lipnicki. The voice actors were brilliant: Michael J. Fox, Melanie Griffith, and Nathan Lane. Summary: (3.5/5) The story was nice, the cast was very good, and the film was short. A thumbs up.

• May 15, 2020

Better then the first one. This movie won't do much for you but maybe your kids will like it.

• Apr 11, 2020

"Stuart Little 2" is not better than "Over the Hedge"

"Stuart Little 2" is not better than "Over the Hedge"

• Mar 02, 2020

I never cared for this movie as much as the original, that is until I rewatched it in 2020, I looked at it from a critical perspective and saw that it improved upon its predecessor quite nicely. The family dynamic is very realistic and sweet, they all work together so nicely and the Littles are a very believable family. Once again Hugh Laurie is my favorite part of this movie, does more of an American accent than a lot of actual Americans and I could fully believe it if he was born and raised there, he has a pair of great jokes that relate to Dads everywhere and he is a talented actor. The plot is very one dimensional and doesn't offer a lot of variety, but Snowbell is funny as hell in this movie and James Woods offers some great ad-libbing as a falcon. This movie is also full of plot conveniences that were there to remind everyone that this movie is for kids and your brain should be switched off while watching it. I like its breezy runtime of 1H 28M because it is perfect to keep kids occupied and the adults watching it won't have to suffer that long. I personally like this movie, just not as much as the first one, contrary to everyone else. It's worth a watch if you at least liked the first one, and it's perfect for kids.

• Aug 24, 2019

This film is pretty good sequel better than the first film.

This film is pretty good sequel better than the first film.

• Aug 19, 2019

While very predictable and at 75 minutes is a bit too short even for the target audience, Stuart Little 2 is a sequel that's better than the first with better visuals, more dedicated voice acting from Michael J. Fox and feeling a bit more...you know, fun. Who'd have thought this would be less juvenile than what we'd get in the late 2000's and early 2010's.

• Dec 14, 2018