The Sum of All Fears Reviews

• Oct 01, 2019

A classic thriller. Do not expect anything ground breaking here, but The Sum of all Fears still delivers a solid movie experience.

• Oct 24, 2018

This movies tech holds up 16 years later.

This movies tech holds up 16 years later.

• Aug 16, 2018

accurately titled but unfortunately describes the experience of the audience.. The Sum Of All Fears 2 Out Of 5 The Sum Of All Fears is a plot driven political thriller that explores the same old cold war topic between Russia and America with mundane procedure. Not only is the politics shallow but is deliberately simple in order to breed the sensibility amongst all the hoax which latter fails on levels in here. Addition to that, the stakes never communicates which is its primary con since the feature is fueled and relies upon it entirely. The writing is weak and benign with cheesy sequences that are installed to make it glorifying and instead comes off goofy and questionable. It is also disappointing considering the expectations it brought along with such an amazing cast and a success that the franchise had until now, it can be argued to be considered as the weakest link of it. The characters too aren't three dimensional like its predecessors and also lacks the little tactics that were used in physical sequences. The d.o.p. and cinematography is stunning with amazing visuals and beautiful camera work that makes it appetizing somewhat. The background score, sound effects and editing is on short that itches throughout the course of it. Speaking of which, the runtime too, is exhaustingly long with sloppy writing that is not at all gripping. Robinson; the director, needs better polishing on his execution skills since barely a sequence is shot with conviction in here. Affleck has decently handled such an iconic character with an amazing supporting cast like Freeman, Schreiber and Hall. An eerie perspective and stunning visuals are the only high point of this feature. The Sum Of All Fears is accurately titled but unfortunately describes the experience of the audience and the makers since none of the acts in here breathes craft for someone to explore in it.

• Aug 04, 2018

A mediocre movie. The acting is optimal. The dialogue is optimal. The plot is just good enough. The tension is about seeing other people figuring things out that the movie shows you from the start... You know more than the characters, and that's not super compelling.

• Jul 13, 2018

Unlike the previous Jack Ryan installements with first Alec Baldwin and then Harrison Ford, this Jack Ryan story starts out before Jack starts a family. The chemistry between Affleck and Moynahan started out strong and seemed promising but seem to fizzle out towards the end. First three quarters of the movie had me engaged. Ben Affleck had me sold as Jack Ryan. Last half an hour the plot started to go down hill. Affleck seemed less believable, but some of that had to be script he had to work with. Morgan Freeman seemed under utilized and I think the overall movie suffered. I think the script relied too much on Affleck in the final half hour. Overall an enjoyable movie. Affleck is no Harrison Ford, but I think he gets more criticism than he deserves.

• Apr 07, 2018

A bit of a dull Jack Ryan movie here. Movie is all confusing yakathon, until the big one hits, then it;s a confusing tthriller yakathon. Movie just jumps from one situation to another, making me head hurt mostly.

• Mar 31, 2018

?A solid thriller with a great cast minus Ben Affleck.

?A solid thriller with a great cast minus Ben Affleck.

• Aug 31, 2017

3/5. While The Sum of All Fears lacks the emotional weight and thrills the first three Jack Ryan film had, I think it gets a bad rap because it came out so soon after 9/11. It has a great performance from Morgan Freeman and Ben Affleck does a fine job. The film also goes from 0 to 100 very effectively, and has it's moments. Not great, but underrated.

• Jun 02, 2017

Sum of all Fears more like sum of what kind of standoff. The movie has an all star cast with Ben Affleck and Morgan Freeman. I felt like I was watching War Games meets Godfather. There was no suspense or substance on the big screen, maybe the book was better. It was okay to watch once.

• Mar 05, 2017

A bit too talky, and doesn't pay any heed to the continuity of the three earlier films.