Super 8 Reviews

• May 10, 2020

Awesome Spilbergo production again. ET prisonner by military is set free and terrorise a small town. All he wanted was to phone home to get home somehow. Poor ET. Also, spoiler alert, he's carnivore.

• Apr 27, 2020

I saw it....It just could have been so much better.

I saw it....It just could have been so much better.

• Apr 26, 2020

The first half was intriguing and interesting, but when they revealed the « cloverfield » alien, it's just another friendly neighborhood monster movie. Wait till the credit roll to see the movie within the movie.

• Apr 16, 2020

Jumping into the teenage/'80s/monster niche years before Stranger Things came along, Super 8 is a well-made piece of popcorn film, but doesn't hold much beneath the veneer of nostalgia, family moments, and the occasional laugh.

• Apr 11, 2020

This movie is a must watch. The character development is well done. The storyline is intriguing and I couldn't take my eyes away from the movie. This movie made My jaw drop, I cried and I laughed. I first watched this movie when I was about 12 years of age and now watching it at 16, the experience didn't change. I walked away from this movie wanting to hug my parents, talk to my friends and enjoy life in the moment.

• Apr 09, 2020

Good performances all throughout the cast. Story just felt very formulaic.

Good performances all throughout the cast. Story just felt very formulaic.

• Mar 23, 2020

It's Beautiful in it's own way of a masterpiece blockbuster of summer 2011

It's Beautiful in it's own way of a masterpiece blockbuster of summer 2011

• Mar 10, 2020

Fantastic movie. I love how it makes effective use of the first Cloverfield movie and gives it a Goonies-Stranger Things vibe. All the acting is great, and the movie is extremely well-paced. Great job Abrams, as well as Spielberg.

• Mar 09, 2020

The Stranger Things before Stranger Things, in 2011 J.J Abram's and Steven Spielberg crafted a nostalgia-infused, sleek, sci-fi thriller. Super 8 takes place in 1979 and tells the story of a group of kids who, while shooting their own movie, witness events that send them, and their small town, into an increasing outbreak of unexplained occurrences, all while something dark lurks around the corner. Using an excellent use of restraint, J.J. Abrams directed and wrote this movie to keep the audience constantly at the edge of their seats. By slowly revealing the answers as the movie goes along, the mystery surrounding the strange occurrences remains engaging. The characters are also interesting as well, especially the kids, even when the movie becomes more fantastical, the kids are well-written enough that the events feel far more grounded and threatening. While some of its attempts at exploring themes of regret and forgiveness may not resonate quite as well as they could, due to some-what weaker or less-likable characters, Super 8's true success is through its themes of loss and letting go of your past. These moments are shared tenderly between both the police deputy and a long-term jail bird, as well as between the deputy and his son, who recently lost their mother/wife. With a taste of E.T., a bit of the kid's chemistry from Goonies, and the suspense-filled adventuring from Spielberg films like Close-encounters of the Third Kind and Jaws, Super 8 scratches the itch for a classic 80's adventure movie. As well as those who hunger for another season Stranger Things. B

• Mar 02, 2020

Such a great movie, with an 80's vibe! Original and brilliant!

Such a great movie, with an 80's vibe! Original and brilliant!