Man of Steel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Man of Steel Reviews

March 18, 2017
Man of Steel completely blows its previous Superman film ( Superman Returns) out of the water. With mind blowing special effects and fantastic action scenes, Man of Steel continues D.C. in their road to the Justice League Movie!
March 18, 2017
I don't like this movie because their is a part where soldiers unrest superman for like no reason and I don't like this movie because he is a same character from batman v superman and all of that's stuff
½ March 17, 2017
The best Superman movie out there. I loved the effects. I loved how Superman fight someone his type (Zod and his gang).
The suit was sexy looking. The effects actually look like they were flying. I loved it. I'm worried for Man of Steel Rises where he'll fight Lex Luthor.
They named him Kal, rather than Superman!!! ð???
Overall, go watch this movie. It will wow you! :)
½ March 17, 2017
So the reasoning behind this movie is; The Batman Trilogy was dark and successful, so letīs make Superman dark...shake my damn head. One only has to watch the introduction, with a weary, brooding, grim, and bearded (seriously?) Clark Kent to see how misguided the entire film is. I will watch it again to write a more complete review, but they really lost the plot on this hero.
March 17, 2017
Only the true superhero fans will understand the greatness behind this movie. Man Of Steel shows a new style of film and give our Superman a new and better look. No long do we have the cheesy plots and silly fun superman that we know. it is time to wake the hell up and come to reality. This movie shows a side of superman that has yet to be seen, and it is demonstrated very will through out the whole film. There were some parts that could have been explained a little bit more, and done better. But overall this movie has everything a comic book fan could dream of. Critics do not understand. They are expecting a fun and silly superhero movie, such as the avengers. well the truth is the avengers sucked dick. These mother fucking critics don't know what a good superhero movie is. its not about making the audience laugh and have fun. Its about sending a message, and showing the true lives of a hero. Not every superman movie has to be like the original. These crazy mother fuckers got to learn that change is coming. the old superman is gone and here is his replacement. its time these cock sucking critics get off there asses and find a real fucking job. fucking prostitutes get paid better then these little bitches. 5/5 stars all the way for one of the best movies of all time. fuck the critics.
March 15, 2017
Not really a man of steel and a beacon of hope, which is the thing that Superman suppose to be. You can't save the world and insprire people with that wrinkled face and have no ideal what to do when enemy invade
½ March 14, 2017
I seriously don't get the hate. I mean it's not the best Superman movie but it's not awful.
March 13, 2017
It's by far the best DCEU movie so far. The story was well written, and the villain was very good. This is my favorite superman movie so far.
March 11, 2017
Still better than Superman IV
March 5, 2017
Very good movie...underated and harshly graded by most...its an action lovers dream (imo)
March 4, 2017
While Man of Steel gets credit for going into a different, darker approach, it still suffers from flawed action sequences and a lack of joy.
March 4, 2017
This is not a film about Superman. It's about Zack Snyder's insatiable thirst to make once brilliant and interesting things boring. Superman is supposed to be a charming and unrealistic ideal of the perfect man, not a superpowered Batman. The only way in which Superman and Batman are alike is their secret identities, something Snyder decided to overlook. I can't describe Clark's character because he has none. The same applies to Lois Lane, who is a classic example of the independent love interest, who still has to be saved all the time. The only character that has a personality is General Zod. Unfortunately, Michael Shannon's over the top performance sticks out like a sore thumb in this monotone movie, and so cannot be taken seriously. A lot of people defend this film by drawing attention to the exhilarating action. The action is, however, not exhilarating. I don't care about the characters so it has no emotional impact. The hero does more damage than the villain, so I don't care if he wins. It's all done in CGI, so each punch feels incredibly artificial and meaningless, which is strange, as Snyder seems to be obsessed with meaning. He crams religious imagery into each scene, which would have been good, had he not made the symbolism so obvious and thoughtless. He insults the audience's intelligence by putting Jesus imagery in the foreground of every other scene as if we wouldn't be able to figure it out had he not done that. The one unique thing, that is sometimes effective, is the cinematography. He reflects Superman's vision by using a lot of fast zooms, and any smooth and stable shot shows off the well-executed action. Yet, for every stable shot, there are three shaky cams, which take away from the action as we cannot see what is going on. The soundtrack is ok, but other than that, this is a terrible movie made by a terrible director.
March 3, 2017
Great superhero movie.
½ March 2, 2017
Have never really been a Superman fan, although I did like the first movie from late 1970's a good bit as a kid, but have to say this is really the first time in movies, cartoons, comics or any other medium that I have really enjoyed Superman as a character at all. I've heard complaints about the color pallet for the film, but did bother me at all, even found the movie to beautifully shot. Say what you will about Snyder's ability to get the best performances out his actors, but his films are always beautifully shot and actions scenes are almost always well done and this movie is no different. Still waiting for a straight up sequel to this film, I really liked BvS, but think this film deserves a proper sequel.
½ February 28, 2017
i can't believe that this is so uninteresting and SO boring. it's so undeveloped and bad that it's just gonna make you walk out the theater, like i did. (oh yeah this movie based kansas in one of the acts, which is my state. what a huge bummer, kansas dedicated to a underwhelming and underdeveloped movie that is uninteresting and boring.)
½ February 26, 2017
It is well cast and has some impressive action, but in the end it's just another comic book movie.
February 25, 2017
Bit of a disappointment. But hey, it's Superman.
February 25, 2017
Visually spectacular of course but tries and fails miserably to have heart. There is about as much joy in this movie as there is chemistry between Cavil and Adams. Zach Snyder is no Richard Donner but he does a pretty good Michael Bay.
February 25, 2017
this is a different take. As what everyone mentioned, darker.. I expected that the top critics who gave it a bad score definitely gave the Avengers a 92%... are we basing movies on too much action without any good story lines? Theres nothing to expect from a superman movie anymore however this version made me excited that i watched it 5 times. it showed the Human Side of superman, the point where he is completely powerless to stop the death of his father, the responsibility of a Hero... while the villain had a great cause, to rebuild his home in the expense of a lesser civilization. Completely unexpected from a remake... It was Bold and it delivered
½ February 25, 2017
Overall, it was alright. I had a few...*cough* many gripes about the physics and there are times when those questions took me out of the film. Every scene with Lois Lane was cheesy but the performances were great. A little too much CGI for my taste. The action scenes, while very impressive were repetitive and tiresome after a while.