Man of Steel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Man of Steel Reviews

½ August 28, 2016
It just goes to show how greedy movie audiences have become these days, that they can't at least appreciate the efforts made in this adaptation of superman. Could it have been better? YES.
August 28, 2016
Too muxh actiom too little plorring. Suffers particularly against Superman starring Chistopher Teeve.
½ August 28, 2016
This is the only Superman movie I like....
August 27, 2016
Great movie with interesting and well written plot. Wonderful start to the greatest movie universe in the history of ballas.
½ August 26, 2016
Good movie but needs lot work
August 26, 2016
This movie is awesome. I cannot understand the phone booth mentality here. Most of the critics I see here who hate the movie don't seem to have any idea about how to relate Superman to the world we live in today with the values that make Superman Superman. That's a shame.
August 26, 2016
I'm sorry I didn't see this in the theater. Of all the movies about Superman I think this is the best one yet. It's more serious and darker than the previous versions done by Christopher Reeve or Brian Routh. I thought the later Superman movies like 3 & 4 tended to be more comical like a light comedy. This movie reminded me of the animated versions of Superman which I thought were better than any of the movies or the George Reeves TV series I grew up watching as a kid.
August 26, 2016
I know why most people hate this movie. They expected a friendly Superman but that is boring as hell. Man of Steel is an inspiring piece of art. The Christopher Reeve series and Brandon Routh's conclusion were amazing, but Henry Cavill's Superman was the best.
½ August 26, 2016
Man of Steel is a really good retelling of one of the greatest superheroes of all time and Zack Snyder brings this film to life thanks to his beautiful visual style, Hans Zimmer's brilliant score and fantastic performances from Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe. Even though, the romance between Superman and Lois did feel a bit forced.
Loved it. Henry Cavil is the perfect superman
½ August 24, 2016
great movie......it's a revamped version of the character Superman with a little more realistic take of him in our modern time...so whatever version of the character you have in your head, get rid of it...still the story focus on very original themes for Supes...but it takes a drastic realistic turn for the betterment of the new franchise...this movie is tight... :)
August 23, 2016
Best super hero combat of all time.
August 23, 2016
Starts out okay, but after like an hour and half, shit's all over the place.
August 23, 2016
This film is better than anything the Marvel films have produced, aside from Civil War. Critics paid to bash it.
August 22, 2016
This Superman has a relatable story and actually makes hard decisions. He is not just a superhero who already knows how to be. This movie isn't a five stars film because it has a lot of blockbuster clichés, but between the clichés, we have depth and a new kind of Superman. I really liked it.
August 22, 2016
The best superman movie as of right now in my opinion. It shows superman's abilities and his life more deeply than any other movie has shown before. Unfortunately, the movie becomes hard to watch because of the frequently popping up lens flare, action scenes that aren't shot properly, feels boring at multiple times and the long fight in the climax makes the movie boring. In conclusion, Man Of Steel is entertaining to watch, if you can fast-forward the exhausting long fights, avoid the lens flares and just hope you don't get bored.
August 21, 2016
This movie is actually very entertaining, not as entertaining as suicide squad, but still entertaining. I'd say I've watched it about 6 times and still love it.
August 21, 2016
It seems like the film's makers were just stumped on how to make superman a relevant character in a culture that has so much contempt for the American values that birthed the character. The result is a dull gray movie that wants to be batman begins more than it wants to be superman.
August 21, 2016
.You know what? I watched it again with a lot more context and actually really liked it. It has fantastic acting, strong characters, amazing visuals. Maybe it is a bit too heavy handed with it's themes. But It is a powerful story that I think is wildly underrated. This is Super man's beginings. You have to lose all your preconceived ideas of Super man and accept the story they are telling of how he becomes super man and there are scenes I found incredibly emotionally resonant with me. Good film guys. And I am admitting I was wrong about this film.
August 21, 2016
Henry Cavil delivers a different take on Superman and it works wonders. This is definitely Zack Snyder's best movie to date. The action is beautifully shot and well crafted. Russell Crowe and Kevin Costner are outstanding as the fathers of Clark. Amy Adams delivers a stunning and hilarious Lois Lane. Michael Shannon's General Zod is ruthless and exhilarating. Man of Steel is easily the greatest Superman film to ever hit the big screen.