Man of Steel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Man of Steel Reviews

June 19, 2018
While not generally a fan of Zack Snyder's storytelling, the only real knocks on this version of Superman is the clunky span of time through his Smallville years until he is discovered by Lois Lane. I honestly think I need to see it a second time to understand why it was paced and sequenced the way it was for the 45 minutes or so. Otherwise, after Zod arrived at Earth, it became the perfect Superman movie I've been wanting to see for years. I was mildly concerned with him killing Zod, since Superman isn't a killer. And Lois Lane just wasn't a good fit in this version until the fantastic ending clearly leading to a sequel. Overall, I enjoyed it and look forward to what this means for the hopefully-expanding DC universe in film.
June 12, 2018
Despite several potholes and lingering unanswered questions, MOS is a solid superhero movie. Loved Faora!
June 11, 2018
i really had a great time watching this film i believe the audience 75% not the 55% from the critics
June 9, 2018
the best solo film in dc so far the score is just great
June 8, 2018
A bit harsh from the "critics" but this is a much better movie than their ratings shows..
June 7, 2018
A great start for the DCEU and giving us the best Superman Movie Yet.
Henry Cavill is great as Superman and all the other cast are as good as they can be. Zack Snyder nailed it as the director giving us the best superman fight scenes of all time.
June 5, 2018
This is the worst superhero movie ever. I can say that with confidence because I haven't seen the other movies this director has made. I loved Superman growing up.This movie had nothing to do with Superman. I'm stilll annoyed many years later by the fight between (spoilers) General Zoe and Superman where they destroy a city. Though they are perfectly matched, Superman seems to kill him in an instant. What was the point of the entire film? It's so horrible. Why do they keep giving this director massive budgets to ruin stories and characters which have so much potential?
June 4, 2018
Underrated as hell. Man of Steel is a spectacular film on many levels. And manages to add layers of depth to the overrated superhero.
½ June 3, 2018
The critic reviews on this movie show great bias going into the film. This was a modern take on a Superman movie. After reading critic reviews, I'm not quite sure what they were looking for. Cavill performed amazing. Obviously the script could have been a tad better but hindsight is 20/20. Overall very enjoyable and thought provoking take on a Superman movie.
½ June 2, 2018
There's a lot of split opinions of this movie...and I'm one of the people who FREAKING LOVED IT!
June 2, 2018
Kind of boring at times, but when it's good it soars! Get it? Soars.... consequences don't feel real even though there are buildings being destroyed.
June 1, 2018
This movie was awesome Henry Cavill is great as Superman
½ May 27, 2018
Not that great of a movie, had it's moments though. It's another one of those films where it gets quite boring at certain parts.
May 27, 2018
A masterpiece, pure and simple. Sure, you can nitpick it here and there, but this is still one of the best live action experiences available at the moment for a Superman film. I just love it.
May 25, 2018
Average but character was mishandled and mythos completely trashed...
½ May 25, 2018
A really enjoyable, solid start to the post-Nolan, Zack Snyder led DC Universe. Henry Cavill is perfect as Superman, supported by an excellent cast and modern set first contact story. People complain about the ending, but you've seen the same origin story a million times and complain, then complain when they try something new? Some people are just idiots.Yes, its not all sunshine and light and the typical boy scout Superman we all know- and it's not meant to be! THIS IS AN ORIGIN STORY, with his new planet coming to terms with what he can do. His story arc will go across Batman v Superman and Justice League to get to the Superman we all love.
May 23, 2018
DARK GRITTY AND BROODING. WHY? VILLAINS WERE WEAK. GIVE ME SUPERMAN 2 VS THIS CRAPFEST
May 23, 2018
It had Good Characters and a Interesting Plot guaranteed to bring in fans from the younger generations. Most of all I was pleased by Hans Zimmer's expertly crafted score which was an adrenaline rush while at the same time resonated deeply with everyone in the audience.
May 21, 2018
the devolpment of the characters was amazing cant wait for man of steel 2 hoping the villian is brainiac
May 21, 2018