Man of Steel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

8. Ghost Rider

9. Wolverine

10. The Punisher
May 24, 2017
The best Superman movie in the century.
May 24, 2017
Man of Steel is an enjoyable movie. It is not one I would say would win any awards, but it is fun. The action in the movie in particular is incredibly heart pounding and easily the movie's best aspect. However, it has a flawed story and really bouncy pacing.
May 24, 2017
One of the most underrated superhero movies to date. Zack Snyder take on Superman, modernized and revamped the classic. Most people seem to ask for classic, Christopher reeves superman which i cannot understand. In my opinion, Superman is a boy scout. He is so over powered that his story arc is boring.
Snyder take on Superman is refreshing and realistic. Rather than intergalactic threat, the main antagonist are the very people he is trying to protect. His actions are misjudged and criticized, when Cavil's superman is doing what seems right. I agree, there isn't much humor or saving the cat of out the tree but it's not needed in this story arc. It doesn't fit. He just learned about his powers, and is fairly new to it. Of course, he's going to make mistakes. He doesn't know how powerful he is. Which he learns at the end, seeing the destruction of Metropolis.
If people wants the classic saving the cat out of the tree superman, why not watching the 1978's superman.

Man of Steel is absolutely brilliant. In comparison to Christopher Nolan's Dark knight trilogy, I would placed this movie along side 'The Dark knight rises'. Truly an Underrated masterpiece.
May 24, 2017
Glorious, exciting and inspiring. The best superman seen on screen for the best superman movie view on screen
May 23, 2017
Honestly do not see why people seem to give this movie such a bad grade. Sure it's doesn't have Lex Luthor, and Supes' other nemesis in Zod is in the inaugural reboot, but this movie places more of an emphasis on the humane side of Superman, and Russell Crowe's performance as Jor-El is far better than Brando's ever was. Little humor is in this movie, but if it is humor you're looking for, then go see Deadpool, Antman, or The Avengers. The story of The Fall of Krypton alone placing front and center more of the back story of how Superman came to be, combined with discovering how powerful he is at such a young, coming of age is what makes this movie. And the musical score very much sets the tone and engages the audience very well. Arguably the best super hero movie out there, if you're looking for a superhero movie with a more serious tone.
½ May 22, 2017
I seriously don't get the hate. I mean it's not the best Superman movie but it's not awful.
½ May 22, 2017
Even Supergirl tv superman was better. sucked
½ May 21, 2017
What I love about MOS is that it's grounded in realism. Snyder did something amazing in my opinion by putting Superman in a world very similar to ours. How would the people of Earth react to a Superman? Well some would be scared obviously , to many he would be considered a threat and to others a God , some would see him as a religious figure. His existence would challenge everything in our being. Snyder also wanted this movie to be more about Clark Kent becoming Superman , Clark Kent becoming the hero that his father believed he was destined to be , and his struggle balancing both sides of his being. Man of Steel is not a Superman movie , at least not fully. Maybe that in itself is a problem for some people. I found the action to be amazing , the CGI was on point , the acting was solid overall , the plot was a bit spotty but overall it kept my interest. There are some issues with this movie for sure , Cavill isn't a great actor and doesn't do the best job playing Superman or his alter ego for that matter , nor is he terrible but he is a pretty wooden actor in my opinion but he without question looks the part. I found the constant use of flashbacks to be annoying and often times they took me out of the movie. Then there was the final showdown between Superman and Zod. That was just hard to watch , and honestly there was just way too much destruction. I get it , Clark is learning how to use his powers , he's not really superman at this point but come on , he has to know better , he has to have an understanding that people are dying right? I guess that's probably my biggest problem with the movie. In the end MOS is a fun superhero origin film , with great visuals , great effects , and a good overall cast with a spotty plot.
May 21, 2017
One of the best comic book movie ever. Great action and emotional. Not everyone likes to see a Superman who is not confident but it grounds him and I like to see how he progresses to the Superman we know by the end of Justice League
May 20, 2017
Very realistic take that is refreshingly different from other comic book movies while staying true to the comics. Way better then most people give it credit for.
½ May 20, 2017
Two words: PRODUCT. PLACEMENT. At least the visuals are awesome.
May 19, 2017
With high hopes to reinvigorate the DC Cinematic Universe, this film failed to take flight. IT brought larger than life characters into the modern day of political cynicism and tore the joy out of the most influential character of the comic industry. The brooding and pensive nature of Kal-El grows quickly old and leaves one feeling bullied into this grim world neutral tones.
½ May 19, 2017
It doesn't live up to the high bar set by Superman and Superman II, but Man of Steel is easily the third best Superman movie so far. For clarification, my order from best to worst is Superman, Superman II, Man of Steel, Superman Returns, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Superman III, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. Henry Cavill is great as both Superman and as Clark Kent. He has the acting chops to rival the other actors who have played the character, and he finally gives us a Superman who is actually ripped and physically imposing. Michael Shannon is physically and verbally menacing as Zod, even if he is overshadowed by Antje Traue as Faora-Ul. Kevin Costner and Diane Lane arguably give the best portrayals of Ma and Pa Kent ever to grace the big screen. The action is intense and entertaining, and Zack Snyder shows great restraint by not using slow motion and instead using "snap-zooms". The fight in Smallville isn't edited very well and can be a little confusing, but I was able to follow it despite this. As a whole, Man of Steel is a fun and satisfying movie, even though it's far from perfect.
½ May 18, 2017
JUST DID NOT LIKE IT...
May 16, 2017
Although it garnered many mediocre reviews, compared with Batman v. Superman, in retrospect, this movie was a solid start for DC. Fingers crossed for WW.
May 15, 2017
Man of Steel , in my opinion, does what a comic book film should do. In a large scale, action packed spectacle, it still consistently carries themes and emotion to please most everyone.
May 15, 2017
DCEU's worst film yet(may 2017). so much seriousness. superman was still annoying throughout...
May 15, 2017
even though this is not going to happen...