Man of Steel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Man of Steel Reviews

½ April 23, 2018
Directed By: Zack Snyder
Starring: Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon
Plot: A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.
Review: I may have went into this with to high of expectations thanks to the Dark Knight Trilogy, but it still is a great film over all. There are some points where the film drags on a little too much, but the storyline and CGI counter acts and makes the movie exciting and entertaining. I feel the same way about this film as I did the first time I saw Batman Begins so I'm hoping that it follows the trend and the sequel will be a mind blowing experience and only gets better. Also I feel that with more views this film may get better each time.
Rating: 7/10
Recommendation: Go see it in theaters the CGI is the best I have seen yet in Film its Beautiful.
April 22, 2018
My best movie of all time
April 22, 2018
Only a 56 percent??? HOW Is it at 56????? I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS MOVIE. I Love the story, I Love the acting, I Love the Suit, I Love the Battles. Rotten Tomatoes Hear me out, PUT THIS MOVIE AT 92 PERCENT. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR ELSE I'M SUEING YOUR WEBSITE.
April 21, 2018
i swear rotten tomatoes is broken this 55% justice league 40% bvs 27%
April 20, 2018
One of the best reboot in comic book universe they change course of superman as per this generation
April 19, 2018
Simply amazing movie. To this day I have yet seen exhilarating action like MOS! Movie did a great job of doing the origin set up different ,doing flashbacks that relate to his life later. Henry Cavill is Superman. How they did the Smallville scene was perfect. Easily top 5 super hero movie of all time. Let's go MOS 2!
April 18, 2018
The movie is exceptionally good.The action is very good and Superman is the best.The story is good and General Zod is the best part of it.
April 18, 2018
This ruined about 40 years of a kind Superman and turned him into a sad, sad guy confused about his identity.
April 17, 2018
Are critics on Rotten Tomatoes saying that Superman in this movie is average? That's not correct! We can't just say that an alien who pounds steel with fists and survives a train collision is "average" because that word doesn't make sense. "Generic" is the same as saying "average". We see the man of steel from outer space as well as on Earth as he's rescuing innocent victims with the muscles, stamina, and brave personality of a good little alien. There's minimalist approach with enough bias to play out his game against invading natives from another realm of which a leader wishes for humanity's destruction in place of our frail planet. Krypton could've been revived until the stars came home. Please, terraforming with ultimate effects and supernatural horror?! That's not average by any standard. Earth is going to change more and more as "Man of Steel" gets replayed on cable over and over. Folks will see why Superman can't be underestimated and why Krypton is in a grave situation for itself after his father's creative demise, so there's hope, there's thundering sound effects all over the theater and my TV can improve with important speakers. I'm talking stereo. Have critics forgotten that the Beatles' first album was completely in mono and still is or are they calling "Man of Steel" generic due to all the popcorn-eating stillness? For Christ's sakes, Superman hardly eats anything and determines his mom's old tube in Kansas with utters and shaken vision. Certainly reviewers may become arrogant when they see a powerful movie like this one and call it "generic". Such input on movies is not going to help people have enough focus or quantified balance beyond what's average and behind what's excessive. "Man of Steel" has stipulations within its borders. And there's something virtuous about Superman who understands Martians from their particular bug ship when he's possibly destroying IHOP, leaving gas pumps in flames while the stations give off artificial nicknames, and Krypton is filled with so many bones and huts towards galactic death. Besides all the chaos and the remnant discord there's powers to powers, effects to effects, attacks to attacks. We're not talking plain, ordinaire music and birds who whistle to the tune of sunshine; we're talking Superman, Krypton, various shades of grey, white and black in addition to all the colors of the rainbow by "Man of Steel"'s effects. Excuse my creative grammar for just a second... now, will you eat popcorn now? Movie goers need to stop watching constructive and destructive rows of graphics on TV and thinking there's only void for what's approved of for television, visual entertainment. Next thing we know, movie goers might get so bored they'll start thinking infinite black holes are "generic" in "Man of Steel". A generic item is an apple, not Superman. Visionary art is often underestimated by so many critics and reviewers since they know all the stories behind everything. This Superman movie was so powerful when it came out that I was afraid of watching it for years and years. I've overcome my fears and now I can say there was just surface on which I panicked and I now search its depth to come to grips with extreme realities over world destruction. Putting it lightly here is vain enough to complete this sentence when I'm frail and hopeless. Leaders of the Martians who visit Earth are so thick-skull people it's believed in my heart they would do away with love while there's no physical background. No other people to share ideas with, no background. You're allowed to judge on my movie opinion with rights and privileges, but not dysfunctional humor. These aliens aren't in taunt, they aren't in reversed violence. Everything seems real enough in "Man of Steel" although it gives healthy balance and power in a medium we must reconcile on supernatural consequences with. Average? Really? Fine, eat an apple.
½ April 17, 2018
A good, often very good movie. Hopefully this third incarnation of Superman I (or Superman 1.3 as I can't help but think of it) will actually lead to a continuation of the story line as reported instead of a fourth reboot. The last ten minutes did have about 7 minutes that weren't necessary and could have saved millions in CGI money, but I definitely recommend it. I disagree with those who seem disturbed by the "darkness" of Superman.
April 16, 2018
This is the BEST movie I'v EVER seen, no problems, 10 out of 10 and 5 out of 5 stars.
April 15, 2018
I liked henry cavill as superman but I still like christhoper reeve as superman good special effects good plot what I did not like is that it was so serious and dark I expected something colorful if they are going to make batman movies have to be serious and dark if they go make superman movies have to be fun and colorful I liked the movie :D
April 15, 2018
Man Of Steel is an AMAZING Movie, One thing I loved is he was not the same boy scout he was trying to fit in with the world, I also loved the action fight scenes, Zod was an Awesome villain for this movie, The casting was Great, Henry Cavill is AWESOME as Super Man, The final battle was SO Awesome, Super man killing Zod was the right chose because Zod was killing people so thats why he had to kill him, Man Of Steel is an Amazing Amazing movie and I think everybody will Like Love and Enjoy this movie.
½ April 12, 2018
the most focused comic-book blockbuster in years, the narrative is patient yet epic; vast and sensational but not sprawling. cavill was born to be superman, and the grim, simple plot is serene but gradually induces enormous proportions. 'man of steel' gets just about everything right.
April 12, 2018
the first 10 minutes on krypton was great i wanted a whole film about his backstory and my wish came true with the tv show krypton its epic and im on episode 4
April 12, 2018
This movie was AWESOME!!! A hint dark for Superman, but it worked. I loved the side story of Jonathan and Martha Kent and his real parents. I can never get enough of a movie praising the importance of parents in our lives. Suffice to say, I bascially wore my DVD out watchjing it over and over again.
½ April 11, 2018
Incredibly boring and dull from all sides. A total letdown. Unwatchable.
½ April 11, 2018
Phenomenal movie! Great casting, great origin story, great performances and great story. This movie was one of my favorite DC movies to date (Except the Dark Knight Trilogy) and the sequels of this franchise sort of ruined what it could've been.
½ April 10, 2018
I would say that it's better than the other Superman movies that i've seen; but the movie itself was pretty much a flash scene for each part of the movie. The action was pretty much at the close to the end of the movie. Action overrated! But I still enjoy it! I would say it a good Superman movie to watch.
April 8, 2018
hermosa peli , la vi muchas veces, muy recomendada