Swimming Pool Reviews

• Jun 20, 2018

Watched the first time ages ago. Watched it for the second time this year (2018). This movie accomplishes something rare: it stays with you. Sooner or later, you go back thinking about those two women in that French house. Great acting and great direction.

• Dec 10, 2017

Intriguing, but took a long time to get to the "thriller" part of the story and then it ended too quickly from there.

• Mar 24, 2017

Psychological thriller and character study. Not completely successful blurring of fantasy and reality, but fairly intriguing for what it could have been.

• Feb 18, 2017

She's juicy, fun and confusing. It's a win in my book.

She's juicy, fun and confusing. It's a win in my book.

• Dec 24, 2016

Nicely shot and executed in a slow pace, depicting the everyday life of a writer put in certain circumstanes in this particular movie. And these circumstances are the rural French house with a swimming pool and the daughter of the writer's publisher (or is she?). The film is enriched by the perfect Charlotte Rampling's performance and sexy Ludivine Sagnier.

• Sep 22, 2016

Clever, psychologically sharp, masterfully acted, unnerving and... beautiful.

Clever, psychologically sharp, masterfully acted, unnerving and... beautiful.

• Jul 05, 2016

A fantastic thriller about a anonymity-seeking crime novelist from Britain who seeks an end to her writer's' block in her publisher's villa in France, only to find herself holed up with his French daughter whose promiscuity, drug use, and sarcasm at first frustrate the writer, then provide inspiration for her. This film has a great atmosphere which is erotic, philosophical, and shot through with a kind of teenage angst coming from both the young daughter and the much older writer who appears to be involved in some way with her publisher. It's full of striking imagery and vivid characterization, providing a new twist on what you might expect to find in a European villa.

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Jan 09, 2016

An absorbing and highly stimulating film that intriguingly dissolves the barrier that separates reality and fiction to tell a strange story about that point of an artist's creative process when she has to search inside herself to reach that sparkle of inspiration that eludes her.

• Nov 17, 2015

After seeing the Swimming Pool, I wanted to quit my job, move to France and look for Julie!! An interesting story set in the beautiful French country side with a surprise ending. Which story are we watching?!

• Sep 14, 2015

Though Charlotte Rampling is brilliant, as usual, I felt this movie is somehow incomplete. What's missing?