Taken 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Taken 2 Reviews

May 22, 2017
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The charm of the first film is gone. The music and most of the acting is still okay, but that's about it. Maggie Grace shows her true colours as a mostly talentless actress, and the plethora of horribly clichéd plotlines and quotables shows how stale the writing of the first movie really could have been. And never once do we hear what Neeson's less than intelligent retorts for his actions could and should have been: something along the lines of, "your son would never have died had he not been standing in the way of saving my daughter," or, "I never killed your son. He killed himself when he kidnapped my daughter. He was dead long before I got to him." Subtle things like that can make or break a movie. At this point, it's more like Mellencamp's Jack and Diane: just like life, the show goes on, even after the thrill of watching is gone.
½ May 3, 2017
wasnt as good as the first one
½ April 30, 2017
Love Liam Neeson but the apple has fallen far from the tree measuring up to the brilliance of the first Taken. Sorry.
½ April 29, 2017
Good. SPOILER: I liked how he offered to let the bad guy live at the end :)
½ April 18, 2017
More of the same, just less effective. Cheap, safe, feelgood action. If you're looking for cinematic junkfood, that you can turn your brain off for, you should enjoy it okay.
March 22, 2017
Not terrible. But Liam didn't seem like the hero, seemed more like Kim was. Didn't like that.
March 18, 2017
Taken? Again? This time it doesn't work.
February 28, 2017
Taken 2's action sequences are fun and Liam Neeson does a good job of portraying Bryan Mills, the most Irish-sounding American. Sadly, the film suffers from the law of diminishing returns and can't help but feel like nothing more than a rehashing of the first film with some various things edited to expect the audience to believe that this film can stand on its own. It makes for a slight guilty pleasure but nothing more.
February 23, 2017
This was still a overall very ok movie
½ February 18, 2017
A great sequel, plot got old after the first movie, would recommend if you really like the first one, not as great though.
½ February 12, 2017
Una pigra riproduzione del primo film che copia solo i suoi aspetti peggiori. Persistono quindi buchi enormi nella trama e una sceneggiatura ridicola. Alcune scelte fanno ridere da quanto sono assurde, e per questo motivo ho trovato una sorta di intrattenimento implicito in questo sequel, tanto assurdo da essere quasi divertente.
½ January 31, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 19, 2017
I love Liam and this character Brian Mills. But this movie had less exciting action and a plot even less engaging than the original. Also, didn't have as fun a feel with the one-liners.
December 27, 2016
Everything that was so good about the 1st installment is severely lacking in the follow up.
October 30, 2016
To those of you that didn't like it you like went in this movie expecting it to be something more than it was ment to be. It was wildly entertaing much like the first one. This movie is a not ment to be a piece of cinema and not every movie has to be.
½ October 26, 2016
Only gets 3 and a half stars because neeson's a total badass
October 19, 2016
A parody of the first Taken, super daddy spy Jedi master Liam gains new super powers in defeating a bunch of tattooed brown coloured looking Albanian kidnappers around the same or similiar looking mosque in Istanbul. And oh, everyone speaks English.
October 2, 2016
Managed to improve on the previous film, with nastier villains, a more exciting setting and well-shot action sequences.
September 18, 2016
No se ve la pelicula que quiero
September 6, 2016
Looks interesting, I will see it, I just don't get why he would take his family back to the same country where they were just kidnaped in.....he was asking for it if you ask me, but wouldn't really know until I actually see the movie.