Taken 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Taken 2 Reviews

½ April 19, 2018
The first half is okay. The usual action movie. The second half is awful. Just doesn't bring anything fun or exciting.
½ April 13, 2018
expectations could not be lower after the cliche original, but the first half is a pleasant surprise. a cool liam neeson is brilliant and the almost real-time narrative actually enhances a predictable plot. but it disappoints immensely when it becomes obvious the script could have been compressed into a 40-minute tv episode, and the climax is so flat you could miss it.
½ April 8, 2018
Nowhere as good as it's predecessor but it could've been worse.
½ April 3, 2018
Story wise, nowhere near as good as Taken 1, which in itself was flawed, but it's an enjoyable ride along again with Liam Neeson, who brings more knife hands and mean stares to the screen. Of course, the editing really only allowed us to see his glares, and the kicks and punches seemed to be cut out by countless flutter cuts, which add a tiring and eye straining level of "intensity" to it all.
The premise? Groan inducing. Let's be frank here, Lenore is the catalyst behind all the Taken movies.
The cast was well acted, the dialogue enjoyable to a point, but the tensity remains, which is about all I can give Luc Besson credit for. It's a great Friday night action flick, but storyline wise, it drops considerably from Taken 1.
March 15, 2018
Predictable and devoid of any truly impressive action, Taken 2 is an uneven, but nevertheless a smart and inventive sequel.
November 29, 2017
I liked this movie. It was not as good as the original Taken. But was still a good movie.
October 7, 2017
esta peli esta cheveronguee
½ September 27, 2017
Didn't need to happen. Rinse and repeat
September 12, 2017
Not as good as the first one but still watchable.
½ August 27, 2017
Not preferred over the original but damn that was close $8
August 11, 2017
Well, to be honest I did not like it as much as the first...I know it is fiction and all that but the beginning turned me off...an Albanian village mourning for evil people who kidnapped young tourist girls, tortured, raped and even murdered them...what a sick Albanian village that should be wiped off the map. The daughter too shows no real signs of trauma from her kidnapping, rape, drugged and selling on the open market...this sequel is too cheesy by far..
July 8, 2017
Not as good as the first, with a lot of plot holes based on incompetent kidnappers and killers
June 27, 2017
A nice action film where the main character tries to save his wife.

... and that's pretty much it.
June 21, 2017
Nothing to compare with the first one ...
May 22, 2017
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The charm of the first film is gone. The music and most of the acting is still okay, but that's about it. Maggie Grace shows her true colours as a mostly talentless actress, and the plethora of horribly clichéd plotlines and quotables shows how stale the writing of the first movie really could have been. And never once do we hear what Neeson's less than intelligent retorts for his actions could and should have been: something along the lines of, "your son would never have died had he not been standing in the way of saving my daughter," or, "I never killed your son. He killed himself when he kidnapped my daughter. He was dead long before I got to him." Subtle things like that can make or break a movie. At this point, it's more like Mellencamp's Jack and Diane: just like life, the show goes on, even after the thrill of watching is gone.
½ May 3, 2017
wasnt as good as the first one
½ April 30, 2017
Love Liam Neeson but the apple has fallen far from the tree measuring up to the brilliance of the first Taken. Sorry.
½ April 29, 2017
Good. SPOILER: I liked how he offered to let the bad guy live at the end :)
½ April 18, 2017
More of the same, just less effective. Cheap, safe, feelgood action. If you're looking for cinematic junkfood, that you can turn your brain off for, you should enjoy it okay.
March 22, 2017
Not terrible. But Liam didn't seem like the hero, seemed more like Kim was. Didn't like that.