Taken 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Taken 2 Reviews

October 30, 2016
To those of you that didn't like it you like went in this movie expecting it to be something more than it was ment to be. It was wildly entertaing much like the first one. This movie is a not ment to be a piece of cinema and not every movie has to be.
½ October 26, 2016
Only gets 3 and a half stars because neeson's a total badass
October 19, 2016
A parody of the first Taken, super daddy spy Jedi master Liam gains new super powers in defeating a bunch of tattooed brown coloured looking Albanian kidnappers around the same or similiar looking mosque in Istanbul. And oh, everyone speaks English.
October 2, 2016
Managed to improve on the previous film, with nastier villains, a more exciting setting and well-shot action sequences.
September 18, 2016
No se ve la pelicula que quiero
September 6, 2016
Looks interesting, I will see it, I just don't get why he would take his family back to the same country where they were just kidnaped in.....he was asking for it if you ask me, but wouldn't really know until I actually see the movie.
August 2, 2016
While not as memorable as the first one, the sequel still is exciting at many parts.
½ August 2, 2016
While it may not soar to the same heights that made the original such a classic, Taken 2 doesn't take the typical action cliche road; instead diverts to a relatively interesting story, good action and adds up to another entertaining popcorn flick. Mindless yet harmless.
Verdict: B
½ August 1, 2016
Taken 2 is obviously the sequel to the rather successful action film "Taken", that centers around one of the fathers of the people that Bryan (Liam Nesson) killed in the last film to save his daughter, kidnapping Bryan and his wife for revenge. Basically, it is a letdown from the first one, and it's nothing great like the first film, but the cast is pretty good and the action sequences are well edited, entertaining, and pretty fun. I enjoyed the film more than a lot of "Taken" fans did, and I do recommend it.
½ August 1, 2016
It's everything like the first one, expect not interesting at all

Grade: D
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
This was a hit and mainly miss film in many ways, The action wasn't as good as the first, No blood, The acting wasn't great, A slow start, The gun fights were disappointing but having said all that there was a good car chase and some other good bits, They thought about how much money they could make if they made it a 12A instead of thinking about what the audience wants, So don't go in expecting it to be like number 1 because you will be very disappointed.
July 25, 2016
How come this has a low tomato meter,
Sometimes i like total shit, and Most of the time i like good movies.
This is one of the shitty movies i enjoy watching.
I Suppose the story and how it is made was superb.

Score: 8/10
½ July 9, 2016
Taken....as a 12A tom cruise style action film with generic action sequences lacking brutality, a dull car chase and a coincidentally close gang HQ to Bryan mills hotel. However the first watch is enjoyable but you will feel like it's been snipped for a lower age rating than the original.
June 30, 2016
Liam Neeson is a joy to watch as always, but he can't save this unessecary sequel from lacking tension and memorable action. It's passable, but highly forgettable.
June 26, 2016
I desperately want to see this movie I just hope it can live up to the thrilling standards that were laid down by Liam in the previous movie.
½ June 25, 2016
At least Liam Neeson still kicks ass
½ June 10, 2016
If you liked the first one then this will be intertaining also ! It was ....SOMDVD
June 9, 2016
Exactly the same as the first.
½ April 29, 2016
Not bad, but not great. Some decent car chases.
March 27, 2016
It doesn't exceed the brilliance and electrifying feel the first film gave us. Besson who co-wrote the screenplay almost feels as if he's setting this film up so it's the last. Liam Neeson is always a pleasure to watch and Famke Jansen and Maggie Grace are giving it an effort but the film drags on and just as it's about to get at least somewhat good, it goes to the climax as if they were piping you up for a great fireworks show and half-hearted the grande finale. There's also a lot of choppy editing in the first few fight sequences. Fans of the first might at least find it decent enough though I, and possibly others, would recommend seeing the first film before this one.