Taken 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Taken 2 Reviews

October 7, 2017
esta peli esta cheveronguee
½ September 27, 2017
Didn't need to happen. Rinse and repeat
September 12, 2017
Not as good as the first one but still watchable.
½ August 27, 2017
Not preferred over the original but damn that was close $8
August 11, 2017
Well, to be honest I did not like it as much as the first...I know it is fiction and all that but the beginning turned me off...an Albanian village mourning for evil people who kidnapped young tourist girls, tortured, raped and even murdered them...what a sick Albanian village that should be wiped off the map. The daughter too shows no real signs of trauma from her kidnapping, rape, drugged and selling on the open market...this sequel is too cheesy by far..
July 24, 2017
Even with the predictable outcome and familiar premise, Taken 2 is a riveting, intense and brutal action flick.
July 8, 2017
Not as good as the first, with a lot of plot holes based on incompetent kidnappers and killers
June 27, 2017
A nice action film where the main character tries to save his wife.

... and that's pretty much it.
June 21, 2017
Nothing to compare with the first one ...
May 22, 2017
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The charm of the first film is gone. The music and most of the acting is still okay, but that's about it. Maggie Grace shows her true colours as a mostly talentless actress, and the plethora of horribly clichéd plotlines and quotables shows how stale the writing of the first movie really could have been. And never once do we hear what Neeson's less than intelligent retorts for his actions could and should have been: something along the lines of, "your son would never have died had he not been standing in the way of saving my daughter," or, "I never killed your son. He killed himself when he kidnapped my daughter. He was dead long before I got to him." Subtle things like that can make or break a movie. At this point, it's more like Mellencamp's Jack and Diane: just like life, the show goes on, even after the thrill of watching is gone.
½ May 3, 2017
wasnt as good as the first one
½ April 30, 2017
Love Liam Neeson but the apple has fallen far from the tree measuring up to the brilliance of the first Taken. Sorry.
½ April 29, 2017
Good. SPOILER: I liked how he offered to let the bad guy live at the end :)
½ April 18, 2017
More of the same, just less effective. Cheap, safe, feelgood action. If you're looking for cinematic junkfood, that you can turn your brain off for, you should enjoy it okay.
March 22, 2017
Not terrible. But Liam didn't seem like the hero, seemed more like Kim was. Didn't like that.
March 18, 2017
Taken? Again? This time it doesn't work.
February 28, 2017
Taken 2's action sequences are fun and Liam Neeson does a good job of portraying Bryan Mills, the most Irish-sounding American. Sadly, the film suffers from the law of diminishing returns and can't help but feel like nothing more than a rehashing of the first film with some various things edited to expect the audience to believe that this film can stand on its own. It makes for a slight guilty pleasure but nothing more.
February 23, 2017
This was still a overall very ok movie
½ February 18, 2017
A great sequel, plot got old after the first movie, would recommend if you really like the first one, not as great though.
½ February 12, 2017
Una pigra riproduzione del primo film che copia solo i suoi aspetti peggiori. Persistono quindi buchi enormi nella trama e una sceneggiatura ridicola. Alcune scelte fanno ridere da quanto sono assurde, e per questo motivo ho trovato una sorta di intrattenimento implicito in questo sequel, tanto assurdo da essere quasi divertente.