Taxi Driver Reviews

• 6d ago

A detailed study of a collapsing man's psyche.

A detailed study of a collapsing man's psyche.

• Aug 19, 2019

That soundtrack, tho!

That soundtrack, tho!

• Aug 08, 2019

Simple plot. Predictable

Simple plot. Predictable

• Jul 22, 2019

It's payoff(s) from the buildup is questionable, but Taxi Driver makes up for some of it with neat direction, bleak imagery, and a great performance from Robert De Niro

• Jul 21, 2019

What a ride! Travis might be one of the most complex and confounding characters I have ever seen. De Niro shines in a film that really makes you think.

• Jul 16, 2019

This movie dives perfectly into how people who do horrible things think what there doing is right. He wants to kill the presidential nominee because he is angry at the world and does not believe he will save the city. He believed he was doing right, kinda like lee harvy Oswald, he believed what he was doing was just and while you can make the argument for killing the pimps was right he should have told the cop. Given them the chance to a fair trial. The film is unsettling in how he interacts with others throughout and in a good way. It is a reminder to stay grounded because in the right circumstances anyone could turn into Travis.

• Jul 09, 2019

Robert De Niro, as to be expected, delivers an amazing, haunting performance as one of the greatest film characters of all time in perhaps the greatest psychological thriller I've seen. Never has a movie so perfectly meticulously traced a character's gradual descent into madness.

• Jun 21, 2019

This is the film that made me love Scorsese

This is the film that made me love Scorsese

• Jun 19, 2019

It's a simple story with a powerful message - but even De Niro's Oscar-worthy performance can't save a film that suffers from a simplicity and lack of supporting characters.

• Jun 18, 2019

Taxi Driver is without a doubt Scorsese's best film to date. From the dramatic opening shot to the action packed finale both Scorsese and Robert De Niro make this an unforgettable thriller. You talking to me?