Teacher's Pet Reviews

• 4d ago

Starts off amusing and quirky, but the novelty very quickly wears off. If you enjoy the television series then I'd imagine you'll connect with this. I haven't seen the aforementioned so wouldn't know, but as a standalone film it's pretty bad. As noted, it does start off weird - in a positive sense - with Nathan Lane pleasing as Spot, even if it's just him playing Timon from 'The Lion King' let's be honest. If you take out Lane it's an irritating set of characters/voices. Away from that, you have the practically nonexistent plot which loses interest with every minute. It would've, at least in my opinion, worked better if they began in the same odd way but then developed an actual plot that's worth following. Unfortunately, they chose the easy way by, I assume, relying heavily on the TV episodes. 'Teacher's Pet' is not for me, despite the very short run time. I did appreciate the references to other Disney films, though.

• Jul 04, 2020

An anarchic version of Pinocchio, with Cranium-esque animation, set within a Rocko's-Modern-Life-style universe, in which a disembodied Nathan Lane hams it up so thoroughly he renders any other character completely invisible. A movie this weird shouldn't be so forgotten. Not that it's great, or even that good, but the fact that Disney released such an odd musical comedy cartoon seems like enough reason for it to be at least somewhat in the zeitgeist. Don't be surprised if Disney+ gains this thing a cult following.

• Dec 15, 2019

Admittedly cute with a small-size charming heart, and Nathan Lane enjoying the spotlight his way, but it's an actual runt of the litter of the Disney film library that will dumbstruck older audience on what they got themselves watching while toddlers and solely fans of the Saturday morning cartoon will be diverted and brain-numbed. (C-)

• Dec 02, 2019

It was good for what it was, not a classic but very good adaptation.

It was good for what it was, not a classic but very good adaptation.

• Apr 21, 2018

so what is the "villain's evil plan?" turn animals into people and what is so bad about this? the main problem i have with this boring movie is that the "villain" isn't evil and yet they act like he's a psychopathic mass murderer when he HELPS THE MAIN CHARACTERS!!! so what if he's a little crazy and knows what he wants? that's not what being a bad guy is!!! I know science abuses animals a lot but there is never any evidence that says they were being harmed so fuck this movie it is an insult to science and extremely idiotic. oh and the songs suck.

• Jul 19, 2017

Harmless, but more of a TV Special

Harmless, but more of a TV Special

• Jun 05, 2016

Teachers Pet is witty, charming, and has a great soundtrack

Teachers Pet is witty, charming, and has a great soundtrack

• May 19, 2016

Teacher's Pet does have its fine scenes and it's solidly acted, but I still never found its story or characters to be interesting whatsoever and it is a typical movie based on a TV show with such low-quality animation and just horrendous character designs. I understand that some may like it, but it just wasn't for me.

• Nov 29, 2015

Teacher's Pet is breezy, fun and streets ahead of it's TV series counterpart.

Teacher's Pet is breezy, fun and streets ahead of it's TV series counterpart.

• Sep 04, 2015

Teachers Pet is a simple film. Topped with simple,yet classic animation,comedic jokes,and very solid story. Teachers Pet will make you go dog gone. Review by Logan Cornn.