Teenage Paparazzo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Teenage Paparazzo Reviews

July 27, 2015
Adrian, come on, there has to be more interesting stuff than this going on.
½ February 9, 2015
An Informative Piece On A Naive Actors View Of His Own New-Found Fame. People Crave Famous People & The Paparazzi Facilitate That Fantasy, Even If It's Quite Fake, Staged Or Profit Driven.
September 19, 2013
An insightful and thought provoking look at the life of a paparazzo. Although the film is exploiting a 14 year old boy, which I don't agree with, it also gives the audience an insight on the idiotic Hollywood lifestyle which promotes materialism and consumerism in young people.
August 10, 2013
Matt Damon's forth coming sci-fi movie "Elysium" is raising bars. But, I took time and move back and watched his movie "Teenage Paparazzo" which was released in 2010 and simply AWESOME.

I was to rate this movie that time. I would have given 5/5 star. Better watch before you die.
June 22, 2013
A revealing documentary.
May 3, 2013
Surprisingly profound. Even though I've never seen any of his work as an actor, I have respect for Adrian Grenier.
April 23, 2013
An interesting peek into the paparazzi world behind the lens of a 13 year old teen!
½ March 10, 2013
Privacy is the new luxury? Probably not.

This movie tries to look at a new standpoint in understanding celebrity world from the first hand. Assuming a role in that sphere, Adrian said that gossip was not only about him or the people working in the industry. It was about people lives connected to him. I think that it goes through one of basic human social needs. Social scientists even has a name for it, parasocial relationship.

This is more than about celebrities pissed off for the violation of privacy rights. Intrinsically, this documentary has a main character aged 14 who is apparently not a pipsqueak like the extent of the movie itself due to the dichotomy with which they are dealing. Let us say that Adrian is tired of being famous while the kid is curious about being one. In order to grasp an understanding on that issue, "Teenage Paparazzo" is kind of a medium for Adrian to establish two-way communication with his "mosquitos". Interestingly, you will be watching how a reverse situation takes place.

Moreover, this movie even talks over the nature of world-winning photo journalism relative to the kid's viewpoint as a young photographer. I think that could improve the subject in the future in terms of a degree of reality that a camera can take. Both through and beyond the lenses, somebody is only human.

Human in this age does not need privacy as attention is more tantalizing. Attention is the new luxury. Privacy is just a need.
January 3, 2013
This phenomenon about celebrity watching is not new. There has always been a market for people that cannot get enough of their favorite movie stars and other so-called celebrities that are the subject of tabloids and gossip columns. The explosion of this trend to the extent it dominates the popular culture has only been a recent fad. Before this explosion of information created by the arrival of publications like People and others that need the pictures to give to their readers.

Austin Visschedyk who was fourteen at the time the film was made, shocks the world with his age and choice of lifestyle. The son of a divorced elite family who moonlights and squirms himself into the mass media frenzy. Has curfew or general guidance, disciplined in his informative years.

Adrian Grenier, the director, shows a man that knows what he wants and he is not easily impressed with the life style of his fellow celebrities. The documentary is fast moving as it moves from one location as the pack of paparazzi go after the shots of people in the news and feed the public's insatiable curiosity for the fantasy lives they cannot even aspire to live.
December 27, 2012
My favorite documentary - ever.
December 11, 2012
Fantastic. Not enough space to describe how original, interesting and creative this film is.
December 10, 2012
Stunning. I loved this film.
December 10, 2012
Favorite movie. Period.
December 4, 2012
A masterful piece of cinema.
December 1, 2012
An insightful story and fantastically interesting. Made all that more engaging by Adrian Grenier brilliant narration and interviews.
November 30, 2012
Astounding and fascinating. One of my favorite docs of all time.
November 26, 2012
Incredible film. This is the real deal and a truly interesting and fantastic documentary.
November 26, 2012
I watched this recently not knowing anything about it and I was blown away. What an amazing documentary! This is one of the best films I've seen in a long time.
November 26, 2012
PHENOMENAL. So creative and interesting.
November 21, 2012
YES YES YES. This is the best documentary that I have ever seen.