Terms of Endearment - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Terms of Endearment Reviews

February 17, 2018
Well made, but sad. 1001 movies to see before you die.
January 17, 2018
Puntaje Original: 6.0

Con momentos divertidos y mas o menos reflexivos, Terms of Endearment tiene una conclusión desesperada para una trama que no llegaba a ningún final coherente.
½ January 1, 2018
BEST PICTURE 1983: A drama about a mother / daughter relationship. The daughter is in a unhappy marriage,the mother is a widow and looks for love in womanizer neighbour played by Jack Nicholson
a sad ending when the daughter is diagnosed with cancer and she leaves.behind 3 children. powerful drama with some good performances
½ November 9, 2017
9.5 out of 10:

It?s story might not be to original, but it?s done in a clever way, has great performances, and is sometimes funny, sometimes sad, and sometimes intense.
October 11, 2017
A wonderful mother daughter story with great performances.
October 8, 2017
Its' a funny, heartwarming, and ultimately tragic film about a mother/daughter relationship spanning years & years. It's episodic structure will frustrate some, but, i thought it was told & acted beautifully by all the players.
September 9, 2017
A really nice film throughout with an emotional story that you can be invested in (with help from its brilliant cast). It brilliantly displayed a timeline of events, spanning many years, with each scene feeling important; however its presentation also let it down at times. Funny, emotional, moving, entertaining.
½ August 22, 2017
Getting married, having a few kids, buying some stuff, moving to Nebraska, and dying.
May 25, 2017
An average drama that dealt with a lot of family issues. It was OK, but I don't understand how this movie won so many or even any awards. (First and only viewing - 2/3/2011)
½ March 25, 2017
I tried watching this once. Never again. How it won the Oscar for Best Picture is crazy.
March 18, 2017
It really is as good as you have heard, take two hours out of this week to laugh and cry. I still get tears 30 year's later.
February 28, 2017
Although its balance between comedy and drama is shakey at times, it's a bitter-sweet little movie with a lot of heart.
½ December 23, 2016
A wonderful drama that finds a perfect balance between sweet, humorous and sad with sublime performances by the whole cast (mainly MacLaine and Nicholson), while the superb editing keeps the narrative always fluid as it spans several years in the lives of its characters.
November 11, 2016
Finalmente la vi. Es raro ver una película de décadas atrás que muestra una sociedad con actitud más moderna que la actual. Ironico
½ October 27, 2016
Why does everything seem peripheral in this movie? Then, the music is over-bearing and those fade-ins and -outs give it an old-fashioned feel. But ultimately, it's a bit boring. Maybe it's just the characters who, warts and all, are unattractive. Flap (maybe) is the exception.
September 5, 2016
Terms of Endearment doesn't fail on catching heartstrings and is so well written you bother not to criticize it
July 16, 2016
Another movie Deborah Winger didn't did along with people in the cast.
½ May 8, 2016
Some standout performances, even the kids are good in this. Winner of 5 Oscars. Saw this several years ago and literally forgot the entire film. Didn't even remember the mom getting cancer. Like how realistic this film was.
½ May 8, 2016
SHIRLEY OWNS this film. I was surprised to see F. WILLIAM PARKER, from Rockford, Illinois little theater. He played the father, I think in the Fantasticks, and I could be mixed up, I know he had voice coaching, sang, in "The Rainmaker" also, further confusion regarding plays F.WILLIAM PARKER was in at Rockford Little Theater, where I worked on costumes and sets and props with Raymond Schulz, my son, Sky Schulz's father. F. WILLIAM PARKER left for movies, and got work. I remember a "Laverne & Shirley" & "Happy Days" combined story that he played in, then saw him in a commercial for an ice cream sauce, poured over ice cream, hardened, tasty....He was in "The Wedding Planner" with Jennifer Lopez, and several other films, always a character actor, but kept working for many years. I wonder if he is still alive, someone who followed his dream. Ron Huffman, also from Rockford, came from Broadway to play a part in that show, just for a couple performances. His folks had a dry cleaning business in town
April 19, 2016
Terms of Endearment (1983) ????
Stunning film about a mother and her daughter's three decade love life. One of those rare films that finds humor even in the most dramatic places. It'll make you smile, laugh, cry, even ponder, I guess that's what movies are all about. Five Oscars: Picture, Director, Script. MacLaine and Nicolson won Oscars too, although everyone else works at the same level. A truly wonderful film that demands multiple viewings, and a top film of the decade.