The Social Network - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Social Network Reviews

½ August 12, 2017
The Social Network:

Pros:
- Amazing Acting

- Spectacular Directing

- Fantastic Script

- Brilliant Editing

- Magnificent Cinematography

- Features a style of modern filmmaking that we hadn't seen in years

- Great Character Study

- Feels like a movie that defines today's culture

- Beautiful Musical Score

Cons:
- A Bit Draggy At Times

Overall Grade: A (9.5/10)
½ August 6, 2017
A great biopic with characters you care about, though they can be assholes at times, The Social Network truly understands what a biopic should do: make the audience care for whose life is portrayed on the screen.
August 2, 2017
The validity is up in the air, but entertaining nonetheless.
½ August 1, 2017
Full of compelling performances, The Social Network is a brilliantly made film that isn't a classic, but entertains on occasional watchings.
½ July 30, 2017
An incredibly engaging film that is another Fincher masterpiece. Amazing sound mastering and design coupled with non-stop effective narrative make this a thrill to watch.
½ July 9, 2017
A perfect script, brisk pace and a talented cast not only give a satisfying and in-depth look at the creation of Facebook, but also it's creators.
July 7, 2017
The story about the founder of Facebook: Mark Zuckerberg. Really impressive movie.Learned a lot of things about Facebook :) That it was called '' The Facebook'' for example LOL !
June 28, 2017
A modern day Masterpiece.
½ June 20, 2017
An interesting and well directed movie about college life and the beginnings of Facebook. Excellent performances and a clever screenplay make this an enjoyable watch. AAN GGWD. 1001
June 18, 2017
Isso tudo parecia uma grande bobeira, para explorar um tema de alto teor mídiaco e atrair jovens acéfalos, mas eu me enganei, e muito. Aaron Sorkin concebeu um roteiro brilhante, David Fincher dirigiu de forma impecavel, como se não bastasse The Social Network tem um elenco jovem que esbanja talento ao longo de uma narrativa tridimensional ousada, que eleva o filme a um modernismo brilhante.
June 17, 2017
wish i could give this 10/5. perfectly captures the millenial zeitgeist, great soundtrack, fine performances, surprisingly dark and edgy direction by david fincher.
June 11, 2017
David Fincher at his best
½ June 4, 2017
I had NO idea that I could find the story of a billionaire who's basically something of a detached prick to most everyone he encounters to be this engaging, but there ya go. Color me surprised.

It's amazingly watchable: this was something that fished me in and had me re-watch it 3 times within the space of a single week without even really realizing it. as the dialog is so quotable and the speed at which the film moves doesn't even make it feel like you're watching a two hour movie.

Highly recommended.
June 2, 2017
I don't know how much of "The Social Network" is authentic and how much of it is pulled out of Aaron Sorkin's imaginative dramatizing. But I also don't really care, because no matter where this movie comes from it's entirely incredible. From the performances to the nuanced cinematography, everything blends together to create an atmospheric and intense drama. And it proves that David Fincher's films really are, at their cores, built from his meticulous talent, and not just from shock value and violence like some more naive critics have said in the past. There's not a single second of violence or gore. Every moment of fear comes from personal drama.

And on a semi-related note, I'm curious as to how many people, like me, didn't realize that the Winklevoss twins were played by the same actor. Or just how much CGI was used throughout. On my first viewing I had no idea who Armie Hammer was, and I had even less of an idea as to how much of just the simple, miniscule touches were actually computer-generated. I highly suggest watching behind the scenes footage, I'm really impressed.
May 26, 2017
This is the very best that filmmaking in the 21st century has to offer. It's a film that is made with so much confidence in the innovation of digital cinematography that I really wouldn't want to see a version of this on film. THE SOCIAL NETWORK is something of a callback, as well. It feels like the bold dramas that studios used to take chances on. Much like this movie's Silicon Valley players, this is a risk that payed off handsomely. A deft exploration of greed, experiencing too much success too quickly, and man's inhumanity to man as a result of that success.
½ May 23, 2017
The Social Network is nearly a perfect film from its memorizing performances to its stellar script to its awesome score and soundtrack.
May 7, 2017
this is my favorite movie period, it is by one of my favorite directors period David Fincher who is right up there with Mel Gibson and Ridley Scott, and is one of the most well done bio pics in years on a today subject that is still amazing today, all of the acting is amazing, with everyone slipping into there roles, the script is one of the best I have ever read and heard, I could listen to this script over and over again and not get bored, the action movies of today has nothing on this, I love Brave Heart and Alien, but when I watch them I can get bored if I watched those movies over and over again I would eventually get bored, but this movie I never do, there is no flaw in this movie, people didn't like it when they found out that the story was 90% false, I don't care, if they did the real story it would be boring as hell, the direction and the cinematography is great and the score is very technical and good, my all time very movie.
April 27, 2017
Thoroughly engaging and riveting, solidly acted and flawlessly scripted, "The Social Network" is an extraordinary film that offers us an insightful look at the social media we all use and love.
½ April 26, 2017
David finches is one of my all times favorite film director and although i wasn't interested to watch this film, i managed to sit through and had a great time. the central character of the film is not very likable but somehow it slowly grows on you because you slowly understand the person you are watching isn't the average joe, he is a mad / dark / twisted Genius of our modern times with poor social skills abut incredible mental capacities. Very well shot (as always with Fincher), scored by Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails and acted by a series of young up and coming Hollywood royalties, this film will catch you by the hand and embarks you on a hell of ride. Definitely a great film to watch about the impact of all these new social platforms and modern days networking. Wow what a trip.
April 16, 2017
Movie about two partners who start an internet company. One of them ends up suing the other for money after he is fired. I completely understand that this is about friendship and the lack thereof from Mark Zuckerberg. But it didn't work for me. By the end of it I didn't care one way or the other. I think it was the acting.