The Social Network - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Social Network Reviews

March 20, 2018
This film takes the story we thought we all knew about the creation of Facebook and flips it upside down. Written by Aaron Sorkin, the film features Sorkin's standard of fair of fast-paced yet rich dialogue with the twist of a nonlinear storyline jumping between the developing story of Zuckerberg's early beginnings and the creation of Facebook to civil lawsuit hearing between him and those who claim he screwing them over. The concept ultimately works perfectly with performances of Eisenberg, Timberlake, Garfield and Hammer and is reinforced its unique techo soundtrack. Overall, this is a must-see, as a piece of what I consider to be perfect filmmaking, I expect that we will be talking about this one for decades to come.
½ February 22, 2018
As the film stands it's fairly good, I like the non-chronological order of it all and it's unusual to have the main character portrayed as such an asshole but it gives an empowering sense of realism to the story. However, I could only sit through the first hour as it felt like just constant bickering. I understand that when suing someone there will be a reasonable amount of arguments but every scene was jam-packed with disagreements and just watching it made me feel irritated. This sadly, took away any enjoyment I experienced watching the film and leads me to give it such a low rating. I suggest this film to people who enjoy films with a low amount of comedy and a high amount of captivating dialogue but be prepared for an incredible amount of squabbling.
February 16, 2018
The performances alone make watching this movie a worthwhile experience.
½ February 6, 2018
Cinematography/Editing: 4
Age/Originality: 3
Total: 18/25
February 5, 2018
Sorkin dramatizes a story that originally would not have been so fun to watch. Instead of focusing on Facebook and lawsuits, we get to see how flawed characters get through a crazy time in their life. Instead of just relying on great writing, this film had the luxury of having David Fincher be the director and his artistic style really pushes t
½ January 30, 2018
An interesting and well directed movie about college life and the beginnings of Facebook. Excellent performances and a clever screenplay make this an enjoyable watch. AAN GGWD AFI 1001
January 14, 2018
One of the best films I have ever seen. Gripping from start to finish and delicately avoids to strong an attachment to any one point of view. Captures with complete elegance the changing social tide that was created when Facebook was born.
January 2, 2018
Aaron Sorkin's razorsharp script combined with David Fincher's meticulous directing makes for a fast-paced, thrilling and brilliant portrayal of the story behind facebook.
½ December 30, 2017
amazing movie; 2 hours flies by
December 23, 2017

[David Fincher]
½ December 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Con una historia magnífica acompañada de un guión sólido, The Social Network es una de las películas más inteligentes del 2010, y que definitivamente vale la pena ver.
December 17, 2017
The Social Network, just like its subject, is the pop culture phenomenon of the new generation.
December 6, 2017
A blast to watch, the two hour runtime seem like minutes.
November 13, 2017
Beautifully directed and scripted, The Social Network blends modern filmmaking and a reverting real-life story into one potluck of a movie. This has David Fincher written all over it. The Social Network is one of the best films of the year and will truly capture you, line after line.
November 9, 2017
great dialogue and acting
October 29, 2017
A very interesting film about the creation and evolution of Facebook. This dialogue driven film is very detail oriented and shows everyone's vulnerability and demise in a way
½ October 26, 2017
Would have been a better movie had i actually cared about mark's wanna see a real facebook movie, watch Catfish.
October 7, 2017
The film involved a very intelligent Mark Zuckerberg who keeps the viewer excited to hear what smart and witty comments he makes as an argument. You mainly see his oddly natural fast comments during the lawsuit, but the actual story of the creation of Facebook is thrilling with the betrayal, success and mistakes of a uni students life
August 28, 2017
'The Social Network' is the closest thing to perfection that has ever been projected on the big screen. It has an amazing script with witty, perfect dialogue, fantastic characters, interesting characters, surprisingly fast paced, amazing cinematography and visuals (the Armie Hammer Winklevoss twin effects are perfect), and it's all around just fantastic. I can't for the life of me see how 'The King's Speech' could've possibly deserved the academy award more.
½ August 28, 2017
The story of our times with brilliant script, acting, and directing.