The Social Network - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Social Network Reviews

April 27, 2017
Thoroughly engaging and riveting, solidly acted and flawlessly scripted, "The Social Network" is an extraordinary film that offers us an insightful look at the social media we all use and love.
½ April 26, 2017
David finches is one of my all times favorite film director and although i wasn't interested to watch this film, i managed to sit through and had a great time. the central character of the film is not very likable but somehow it slowly grows on you because you slowly understand the person you are watching isn't the average joe, he is a mad / dark / twisted Genius of our modern times with poor social skills abut incredible mental capacities. Very well shot (as always with Fincher), scored by Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails and acted by a series of young up and coming Hollywood royalties, this film will catch you by the hand and embarks you on a hell of ride. Definitely a great film to watch about the impact of all these new social platforms and modern days networking. Wow what a trip.
April 16, 2017
Movie about two partners who start an internet company. One of them ends up suing the other for money after he is fired. I completely understand that this is about friendship and the lack thereof from Mark Zuckerberg. But it didn't work for me. By the end of it I didn't care one way or the other. I think it was the acting.
½ March 29, 2017
What could be more efficient than "The Social Network" to celebrate one the youngest and brilliant minds of our time? This biopic is one of the best of the decade and its shows how we can make stunning scenes with just an excellent script and the actors' commitment. Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield showed us they came here to say!
March 24, 2017
I remember when this movie came out and all the moronic people thought that it was going to be a movie about Facebook. To their disappointment, the movie wasn't that, and it ended up being something way better. I remember walking out of the theater after watching it and some people were like, "What the hell was that? What a waste of money." More like what a waste of a brain.
March 23, 2017
Excellent script and direction (I think?), understated acting (I think?) and even a good turn from Justin Timberlake (I think?).
½ March 20, 2017
Don't understand why this is so over rated
March 17, 2017
While crafting one of greatest scripts ever put to film, David Fincher crafts possibly one of the most complex and ambitious films of all time, with great performances from Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield and Justin Timberlake.
March 15, 2017
This story of Facebook Inc. is worth watching. Recommended!
March 13, 2017
David Fincher's greatest film of all time. Jesse Eisenberg gives the best performance of his career as he plays Facebook's inventor Mark Zuckerberg, truly one of the best portrayals of a real life person in cinema history. One of the greatest movies there will ever be.
March 11, 2017
Excellent pacing and acting. Never cared for Sorkin's cynicism. Not a big fan of the cutting back and forth, especially since it often jumbles the dialogue and seeks only to obfuscate.
½ March 7, 2017
Has one of the best scripts in years...delivered by a fine cast.
March 7, 2017
A fantastically written and riveting picture that's a show of dialogue, story, and acting.

"The Social Network" explores the moment at which Facebook, the most revolutionary social phenomena of the new century, was invented -- through the warring perspectives of the super-smart young men who each claimed to be there at its inception. The result is a drama rife with both creation and destruction; one that audaciously avoids a singular POV, but instead, by tracking dueling narratives, mirrors the clashing truths and constantly morphing social relationships that define our time. Drawn from multiple sources, the film captures the visceral thrill of the heady early days of a culture-changing phenomenon in the making -- and the way it both pulled a group of young revolutionaries together and then split them apart.

This is where Jesse Eisenberg strives. He not only puts on an amazing performance, but he leads a cast of amazing actors. Eisenberg perfectly captures the essence of Zuckerberg and brings out his personality so well. They're right, he is (or was, I don't know) a douche, but he's an undeniable genius who created one of the biggest companies in the world. Andrew Garfield is a fantastic supporting character who seemingly thrives in big moments. The entire cast is supported by a well rounded group of actors and they make the movie what it is.

The movie is very well directed and I'm seemingly encapsulated by the story every time I watch this film. The movie is so smart and the way the story progresses is so interesting. The journey toward the end is so riveting and it feels as though they accurately depicted this real life event in its craziest form.

The dialogue was the absolute most impressive thing about this film. From the opening scene, the movie's tone is set from the first words spoken. The dialogue is so ingenious and so beautifully written. If I can ever write a movie like this one day, I would be more than pleased with my life. This should be the line movies reach for when crafting their screenplay because this movie was written perfectly.

In the end, "The Social Network" is a fantastic film with little, if any flaws.
½ March 5, 2017
Definitely worth watching
½ March 4, 2017
One of David Fincher's true masterpiece.
February 21, 2017
This definitely ranks as one of the best movies of the year.Great performances by Andrew Garfield and Jesse Eisenberg.
February 19, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ February 16, 2017
1 of Hollywood's best writer; Aaron Sorkin, teamed up with 1 of Hollywood's best director; David Fincher, to make a movie based on the real story of Mark Zuckerberg. The final product is almost a masterpiece. Amazingly scripted, beautifully directed, and great performances. This is a great content for young filmmakers to study with the great directing, camera works, and the amazing dialogue that Aaron Sorkin has written.
½ February 11, 2017
Very well written and good pace, even with the hint of fictional tones, of the incredible story of Zuckerberg. Fincher always delivers.
½ February 7, 2017
This is a near perfect film. David Fincher was the perfect pick for this film. The script is perfect. The acting is top notch. The score is great. It is a great character study of the flawed characters that gave us the most successful social media website the world has ever seen.