The Social Network - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Social Network Reviews

January 11, 2017
Nota: 9.1/10 - 4.3/5
½ January 6, 2017
The script is very well-written with superb dialogue and flawed characters, that The Social Network exceeds as a character study of the world's youngest billionaire, entrepreneur, and website programmer.
January 4, 2017
Fincher's talent crafting another masterpiece.
December 29, 2016
Asshole of a main character.
Disappointed that the Winklevoss twins were played by a singular delicious actor.
December 28, 2016
based on real facts on which the director sets on its aspects, in which the true concept is the popularity and selfishness on people
December 20, 2016
Maybe 4 stars. Either way.
December 8, 2016
David Fincher is one hell of a director, Eisenberg and Garfield are exceptional in their roles as the founders of Facebook, and this movie just altogether works beautifully.
December 3, 2016
Brilliant film. Andrew and Jesse were marvelous.
November 19, 2016
Meh. Didn't like it. maybe next time
November 18, 2016
4/5 Ratings for Social Network
F:96%
R:4%
Critics Consensus: Impeccably scripted, beautifully directed, and filled with fine performances, The Social Network is a riveting, ambitious example of modern filmmaking at its finest.
November 8, 2016
Citizen Kane for the internet generation. An absolutely beautiful character study.
November 6, 2016
With a sharp script, fantastic performances, gorgeous cinematography and skillful direction, The Social Network is a movie that is destined to be studied by anyone who wishes to pursue a career in filmmaking.
October 25, 2016
This movie was quite incongruous with its trailer. The trailer painted a boring, predictable, straight and dry movie that panders to the pop-culture crowd. This didn't surprise me because, although David Fincher can make a damn could movie, he can also make a few oddly straight and dry ones.

This movie, however, was not one of those movie. The movie had four aspects that really saved it from its fate:

1. The movie benefited from the really good editing. There were a lot of smart speed decisions that were made and a lot of the cuts seemed really natural and didn't leave the viewer behind.

2. The script was really witty and really created its own environment for the movie. The smart dialog built really strong characters in the movie and made the movie pretty fun in general. On a broader view, the plot was also really tight and smart. The only thing that suffered was the idea that the first lawsuit was less important and, halfway through, that narrative kind of fizzled out.

3. The cinematography is usually a pretty important part of David Fincher's movie in terms of mood and what not. I thought that this movie might disappoint in that matter but it didn't. It really was a fairly pretty movie.

4. The music. This movie wouldn't be half as good without the music adding to it. With contributions from Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross along with the regular music department, the music created both a chaotic tone for the movie that it sorely needed and a mood that offset the balance that the humor gave it.

Having said that - conceptually there was only so much potential for this movie. David Fincher, cast, and crew met that potential 99.9%. Personally, I would have waited till the David Fincher/ Facebook saga ended before I went and made a movie about it but the relevancy probably helped its box office intake.

Don't let the crappy trailers deceive you with this movie. It's a goodun.
October 22, 2016
Every time I see that trailer I want to see it even more
October 8, 2016
Not so special biopic movie
½ October 3, 2016
Good story and acting
½ September 27, 2016
decent overall. typical story-movie. nothing specific i disliked, just didn't care for it much (1 viewing)
September 25, 2016
The absolute best movie ever! Gripping, humorous, spellbinding, and just awesome. Never have I seen a movie where the acting, direction, writing, sound design, all play harmoniously to produce a symphonic and spectacular movie.
September 24, 2016
Much better and more riveting than I thought it would be. Well acted, well shot, and told captivatingly. I did not at all like the character, but that's a judgement external to the movie. For all I know, the movie does a good job about recording the history of Facebook, but Zuckerberg himself has made some comments about things being made up.
½ September 19, 2016
Smartly directed and fairly well acted, The Social Network is an enjoyable drama that gives an interesting insight on the creation of the most used social network and the post-teenage life of it's philanthropist founder.