The ABCs of Death - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The ABCs of Death Reviews

August 20, 2017
So this review is going to be a little different, I am going to give my rating for each of the 26 skits below and my rating for the movie up top Ok here we go!
A is for Apocalypse 5/10
W is for Wtf 7/10
X is for XXL 6/10
Y is for Youngbuck 5/10
Z is for Zetsumetsu 3/10

So yeah most them were bad, some were Ok, and some were really good or even great, anything 6 or above I would recommend, besides those skip it.
July 12, 2017
An enjoyable, uneven horror romp that's got it's fair share of good, muddied by a sea of, just, sorta ok. It's well worth those moment as, for the most part, this is a breezy ride from start to finish. Don't like one short? Just wait two or three minutes for the next one.
April 7, 2017
The ABCs of Death is a hilariously terrifying romp through the alphabet, it gives a peek inside twenty six amazing directors' minds. From A to Z this film has highs of terror such as a naughty couples' nightmare coming true (bigfoot) and then delves into humor with characters like furry nazi strippers (hydrogen electrocution) and two film directors stuck with the dubious honor of the letter Q (Quack!). Each director is radically different, through the filmography that is used, cartoons that were drawn, even to the very language, the directors were pooled from all over the world and it shows in the styles that are each used.

spoiler warning! One of the episodes shows a kittie having its head smashed by a hooker in heels doing a photo shoot for her john.
March 31, 2017
A helluva lot more misses than hits.
½ March 17, 2017
Relies soley on shock and disturbing images. No horror involved. Some shorts are just pointless, ridiculous and an insult to viewer's intelligence. The worst horror film ever. Total abortion.
March 16, 2017
Q is excellent, but some of the others are just about unwatchable.
January 28, 2017
There are some good ideas, but they're lost in a sea of other works that range from mediocre to downright terrible. [C-]
½ December 5, 2016
Most of the entries contain poop and/or butts, toilets or boobs. Had a good laugh at the segment about a guy boxing a dog, though. Almost all of the entries had nothing to do with the chosen word, with the exception of Dog Fight and Libido. In fact, two separate entries both involved a couple of idiots saying they weren't creative enough to come up with an entry based on their letter, so they just threw their hands up and said "whatever". So those two didn't even really count. I think maybe three entries contained some form of pedophilia and one was used purely for fat-shaming.

In its entirety, it's probably one of the worst things I've ever watched, and seemed more dedicated to describing the directors' secret fetishes than actually saying anything worthwhile.
½ September 28, 2016
I like some Surreal and Animated parts but the whole movie is the most F%$@ Up movie I have ever seen
September 7, 2016
-10/10. Worst movie ever
August 1, 2016
Really creative, enjoyed this as a horror fan.
July 30, 2016
I'm a big fan of horror anthology films, but this one is just a little too much "anthology." The segments vary wildly. Some run on too long, some too short, some just happen all of a sudden and then end just as suddenly, without bothering to inform the viewer about what you just saw. Some are so nonsensical that they are neither funny nor scary, just really, REALLY repulsive and brain damaging ("W" and "Z" especially. I have no idea what in God's name that was about but I don't plan to ever see either again.) The highlight for me...in fact, the only segment that I not only enjoyed but that works entirely, is "Q." Writer Simon Barrett and director Adam Wingard are two of the finest horrormeisters of our time, and they successfully make a black comedy while pointing out the mind numbing absurdity of the film itself. For that, I give it one star, and I'll fast forward to this segment on Netflix occasionally. I can ignore everything else. (I won't forget it though. Especially "Y." Yeesh...)
½ July 7, 2016
1.5/5.0 stars
A:2.0/B:2.5/C:1.0/D:4.0/E:2.0/F:2.5/G:1.0/H:2.0/I:1.0/J:1.0/K:2.0/L:1.5/M:1.0/N:2.0/O:0.5/P:1.0/Q:3.0/R:2.0/S:2.5/T:1.5/U:0.5/V:1.0/W:2.5/X:1.0/Y:3.5/Z:2.0
46.5 out of possible 130
½ June 12, 2016
I wish I could give this zero stars. I don't get offended by much, but acts of pedophelia cross the line. Plus; subtitles, graphically harming and murdering animals, and wondering wtf you just saw in relation to the letter of the alphabet. Some of them were a stretch.
June 3, 2016
I could have done without a *lot* of the entries in The ABC's of Death. Still, there is enough in here that a diehard horror fan might find something of value.
½ May 1, 2016
Some good bad ugly and strange segments but I think a horror geek would appreciate it
March 10, 2016
A iniciativa é legal, uma antologia de curtas de terror com 26 diretores de várias partes do mundo, onde cada filme corresponde a uma letra do alfabeto... mas funciona melhor na ideia do que na execução. Poucos são os curtas realmente bons, como "C", "S" e "T", e alguns são de extremo mal gosto, como "F", e o restante é apenas ruim mesmo.
February 22, 2016
I'm getting too old for this crap. I went against my better judgement and watched this because it just keeps coming up as one of those 'underrated gems' like Trick 'r Treat. Well honestly, this is no gem and it is an insult to compare it to Trick 'r Treat in any way other than to say they are both anthology films. It's like saying Mills & Boon is like Jane Austen because they both fall into the romance category! This is basically the kind of nonsense one might expect from film students, shines of talent but not quite there, at all. Not one of these stories left me wanting more, excluding one or two that I can't even remember now. The Japanese directors do win the prize for the most bizarre, crazy sh*t with F and Z. Basically though I'm done with this B-grade inanity. There is much better horror out there than this.
December 28, 2015
Many of the shorts lacked the quality that should be required of this sort of anthology. I feel like I could have created a better short than some that were in this film.
½ November 21, 2015
It is uneven like most anthologies, with segments that range from scary to funny to clever to silly - and as such, some of them are quite efficient but many are far from that, like "M Is for Miscarriage" and "Z is for Zetsumetsu", both of which stand out as particularly awful.