The Adventures of Tintin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adventures of Tintin Reviews

½ April 19, 2018
one of the best spielberg movies. highly entertaining, great animation and terrific cast. first half-hour is dodgy but it picks up from there and is loads of fun. smarter than the average animated movie.
½ April 7, 2018
Boring and dull, but at times charming and funny.
March 29, 2018
Though flawed, it has enough of that classic Spielberg adventure and charm that it's still an entertaining film.
March 27, 2018
Spielberg's adaptation of the universally beloved comic is endearing in some ways but it falters in being an effective, swash-buckling tale. Most notably, the film loses what epic potential it had in not only its rushed, short length but what it did have in it features battle and chase sequences whose run times should've been cut in half. Honestly, in the time they took to showcase these overextended scenes they could've featured more scenes that develop the plot and possibly feature more locations and ideas to make it more of a globetrotter. With all that in mind it's not without its charming aspects. The motion capture animation works well for the most part but what truly makes this film special is in John Williams riveting, adventurous score. Overall, it's entertaining and the story is coherent enough to follow, but its simply just a forgettable entry in Spielberg's filmography.
½ March 25, 2018
Overall, the film is a fun, action adventure, easy on the eyes, and isn't made specifically catering towards a younger audience. I really enjoyed this film, and would rate it a 7.25/10
March 15, 2018
I absolutely loved this movie.
January 7, 2018
The biggest thing or problem for the movie is the animation. It looks like they used some motion capture foodfight! GOOD MOVIE THOUGH
January 1, 2018
This movie is really, really fun. It's extremely exciting at some points and surprisingly very funny. Jamie Bell, Andy Serkis and Daniel Craig give great voice performances, making this movie a great adventure flick.
December 25, 2017
F

7.7

[Steven Spielberg]
[c]
December 22, 2017
Surprisingly awesome. I didn't know anything about the Tintin franchise going into this movie and still had a blast. Spielberg directs this motion-capture roller coaster ride beautifully. It's exciting, intelligent, and hilarious, and I'm really bummed they never went ahead with this trilogy, especially since Peter Jackson, who helped finance this one, was set to direct part 2. Pretty embarrassed it took me so long to sit-down and watch The Adventures of Tintin because it really is something special.
December 10, 2017
The second best movie for Steven Spielberg since Saving Private Ryan... !!!
½ December 5, 2017
The title protagonist is not very lovable, he's kind of a dick, and his face is as bitchy as Jamie Bell's voice. If it weren't for Haddock, we'd have nobody to root for. Tintin's adventure schtick is kind of hollow, but his dog Snowy's peril hits me in all the right spots - I'm more worried about what happens to the dog.
November 30, 2017
Incredibly cool movie. Very much like an animated Indiana Jones- action packed not just for kids.
October 26, 2017
If Indiana Jones and the many other old classics have finally bored you, then this is the perfect movie to watch. With it's beautiful plot, coming from the comics that it is based on, this movie is an incredible adventure for your whole family.
October 16, 2017
True to the original graphic novels. Impressive animation. Nostalgia - but greatly new and improved!
September 13, 2017
Loved it!
some of the camera moves sucked and a couple of the action scenes at the end were totally drawn out, but other than that it was a great story and we all enjoyed it!
½ September 7, 2017
The film story starts very well with a great nod to Hergé but it goes into Spielberg territory and off Hergé's intelligently crafted stories. The animation was not as good as now, although excellent for the time, Milou does not come up well and the eyes of the people is a bit stiffy. The book story has been edited but that did not at all improved it, quite the contrary, it turned it into a series of chases, attacks, where violence is ridiculously treated as common and ordinary. Tintin the film does not have the good spirit, the depth, the fun, the irony, the intelligence of the books. It is very disapointing and I hope a francophone production will eventually take Hergé's flambeau to the quality of the books at least. It can go into newly crafted stories, like some of the Tintin films.
½ August 26, 2017
I think this is one of Spieldberg's most underrated films. It is a beautifully animated take on Herge's classic Tintin comics and is a very entertaining film to watch.
August 22, 2017
A bit underwhelming: yes, it's enjoyable, the voice work is pretty good and the animation is well-done, but it never really fascinates. Apart from the chase at Bagghar, which is awesome, everything ranges from mildly amusing to pretty interesting tops. The comedy feels restrained, Tintin behaves like an idiot at the start (lock the door, close the windows and get a damn curtain ffs) and the simple story just unfolds without that extra directorial something that would make it really memorable.