The Adventures of Tintin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adventures of Tintin Reviews

January 7, 2018
The biggest thing or problem for the movie is the animation. It looks like they used some motion capture foodfight! GOOD MOVIE THOUGH
January 1, 2018
This movie is really, really fun. It's extremely exciting at some points and surprisingly very funny. Jamie Bell, Andy Serkis and Daniel Craig give great voice performances, making this movie a great adventure flick.
December 25, 2017
F

7.7

[Steven Spielberg]
[c]
December 22, 2017
Surprisingly awesome. I didn't know anything about the Tintin franchise going into this movie and still had a blast. Spielberg directs this motion-capture roller coaster ride beautifully. It's exciting, intelligent, and hilarious, and I'm really bummed they never went ahead with this trilogy, especially since Peter Jackson, who helped finance this one, was set to direct part 2. Pretty embarrassed it took me so long to sit-down and watch The Adventures of Tintin because it really is something special.
December 10, 2017
The second best movie for Steven Spielberg since Saving Private Ryan... !!!
½ December 5, 2017
The title protagonist is not very lovable, he's kind of a dick, and his face is as bitchy as Jamie Bell's voice. If it weren't for Haddock, we'd have nobody to root for. Tintin's adventure schtick is kind of hollow, but his dog Snowy's peril hits me in all the right spots - I'm more worried about what happens to the dog.
November 30, 2017
Incredibly cool movie. Very much like an animated Indiana Jones- action packed not just for kids.
October 26, 2017
If Indiana Jones and the many other old classics have finally bored you, then this is the perfect movie to watch. With it's beautiful plot, coming from the comics that it is based on, this movie is an incredible adventure for your whole family.
October 16, 2017
True to the original graphic novels. Impressive animation. Nostalgia - but greatly new and improved!
September 13, 2017
Loved it!
some of the camera moves sucked and a couple of the action scenes at the end were totally drawn out, but other than that it was a great story and we all enjoyed it!
½ September 7, 2017
The film story starts very well with a great nod to Hergé but it goes into Spielberg territory and off Hergé's intelligently crafted stories. The animation was not as good as now, although excellent for the time, Milou does not come up well and the eyes of the people is a bit stiffy. The book story has been edited but that did not at all improved it, quite the contrary, it turned it into a series of chases, attacks, where violence is ridiculously treated as common and ordinary. Tintin the film does not have the good spirit, the depth, the fun, the irony, the intelligence of the books. It is very disapointing and I hope a francophone production will eventually take Hergé's flambeau to the quality of the books at least. It can go into newly crafted stories, like some of the Tintin films.
½ August 26, 2017
I think this is one of Spieldberg's most underrated films. It is a beautifully animated take on Herge's classic Tintin comics and is a very entertaining film to watch.
August 22, 2017
A bit underwhelming: yes, it's enjoyable, the voice work is pretty good and the animation is well-done, but it never really fascinates. Apart from the chase at Bagghar, which is awesome, everything ranges from mildly amusing to pretty interesting tops. The comedy feels restrained, Tintin behaves like an idiot at the start (lock the door, close the windows and get a damn curtain ffs) and the simple story just unfolds without that extra directorial something that would make it really memorable.
August 13, 2017
Visually amazing and fun. Spielberg really uses his imagination wildly here.
August 6, 2017
There should be an sequel
August 4, 2017
The guys who made this are awesome!
- Director, Steven Spielberg. He made Jurassic park and it sequal, E.T, Jaws, the list goes on
- Producer, Peter Jackson. He directed all 6
J.R.R Tolkien middle earth films
- Writer, Edgar Wright. I've Herd he makes great comedy and I think he is directing ant man 2
- Writer, Steven Moffat. He make lots of Doctor Who episodes
- Actors, Andy Serkis (New Planet of the Apes trilogy and many Other motion capture roles). Daniel Craig who is apparently a great James Bond. Simon Pegg who is in the new Star treks and IC age 3. And there are several other actors that are great in this movie!!!

- Conclusion... I love this movie!
½ June 20, 2017
Mostly good, but the video game adaptation was much better.
June 3, 2017
The Adventures Of Tin Tin is probably the closest a good movie ever got to being a great one with a flawless story, animation that looks like it was live action and a okay roster of characters.
Here are three recommendations:
1. Fans of swashbucklin' action.
2. People who think that animation is a true form of art since it has great visuals and
3. People who've read the comics and loved them.
Story:10|10
Animation:10|10
Characters:6|10
Overall:8.2|10.
½ May 31, 2017
While it is fun, The Adventures of Tintin don't stick with you or affect your heart in any way. The animation sure is gorgeous though.