The Adventures of Tintin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adventures of Tintin Reviews

April 2, 2017
The Adventures of Tintin honours its source material thanks to the assured direction of Steven Spielberg and the fact that the film was under the production of Peter Jackson. The film boasts stunning visuals with animation that's actually better made than other motion-capture movies since there doesn't seem to be as much criticism surrounding the uncanny valley as The Polar Express and A Christmas Carol, the film has funny moments, the set pieces are thrilling and the performances from the cast are great. Jamie Bell shines as Tintin, Andy Serkis seems to be having fun portraying the mostly drunk Captain Haddock, Daniel Craig serves as a villain with a voice that suits someone who's evil pretty well and Nick Frost & Simon Pegg are near pitch-perfect choices as the bumbling inspectors Thomson and Thompson. I can't really praise it for the way it derives from Indiana Jones having never seen any one of the films but I still enjoy this film for what it is: a thrilling, beautifully crafted adventure that remains faithful to the Hergé comic albums by even putting in some clever nods (I'm pretty sure that I saw the Crab with the Golden Claws once or twice in this movie).
March 25, 2017
i died of laugh at the first time and the second time i had a chance to admire the details i wish i could be part of the staff
March 3, 2017
If someone "rotten"-ed this movie, then I don't know if you should trust their reviews. Tintin is a Hergé classic, and with Spielberg's directing, it really doesn't matter if he didn't break new ground or not!! The film is EXACTLY like the books - character style to the city he lived. Even the opening title was one of the comics! On the wall of Tintin's office you could see his adventures on newspaper articles from his other comics before he met the drunk captain. The voice of Tintin sounded like the tv classic and the music was professionally done. All major characters were presented, as they should, and the movie followed the comics till the very end. You can tell Spielberg is a Tintin fanatic!
½ February 19, 2017
At the start you are very impressed by the way it's been filmed. As the film goes on, and they get to sea, you realize it's probably for pre-teens. And it starts to become 'heavy going' for adults.
February 4, 2017
A film that will entertain children and adults alike.
January 29, 2017
A great movie, but I think they Americanized it too much. Very action focused.
½ January 22, 2017
Original and creative story with a good script, good graphics and a lot of suspense. Advisable for everyone.
January 8, 2017
Great film one of my favorite animated features. I love how dizzy the camera work makes the viewer feel and the pace of the movie makes it impossible to keep your eyes off of. I hope they finish the trilogy!
January 6, 2017
Great fun, and the closest we will probably get to a true Indiana Jones sequel. Spielberg has some wonderfully aloof fun with the virtual world here, creating some of his greatest set pieces.
January 3, 2017
sadly underrated film. the film is like a mix between indiana jones and uncharted
½ December 22, 2016
Behind the scenes a colossal staff to create a mythological character, to create an excellent movie that you can watch
½ November 6, 2016
El clásico de las caricaturas, Tintin es llevado a la pantalla grande en 3D. Bajo la dirección del genial Steven Spielberg, nos trae la historia del intrépido e inteligente joven reportero y su perrito Milú, que junto a su buen amigo el Capitán vivirán una gran aventura que encierra una leyenda de la familia del capitán
½ November 5, 2016
A great animation story with an all star cast teamed up with All time favorites Director Steven Spielberg and Producer Peter Jackson!
October 29, 2016
Surprisingly, this Spielberg adaptation conveys the spirit of the comic books quite well.
½ October 22, 2016
Ignore the snipers: this is a fantastic, relentlessly exciting and often very funny adventure. Spielberg's camera is never still as the story - an origins tale revolving around Captain Haddock's ancestor and his nemesis, the pirate Red Rackham - catapults the young reporter from the boulevards of Paris to the souks of Morocco, via desert storms and careening freight ships. Gloriously designed, wittily voiced and scripted, this is a great family movie.
October 8, 2016
I am in love with this movie! It's truly a one of a kind Tintin adventure. I've read the comics and watched the cartoons so naturally I had to see this movie and I was not disappointed! The animation is beautiful, the music and special effects keep the viewer captivated and lastly the story is an idea taken from an episode of the show, but changed into something that becomes so original. The writers and directors brought the classic characters we all love to life in perfect balance, it's almost as if they flew out of the comics straight to the big screen. If you're a Tintin fan than this movie is a must have :)
½ September 23, 2016
A 3D motion capture film directed by Steven Spielberg. An all star cast of Jamie Bell, Daniel Craig, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and the King of Motion Capture, Andy Serkis. I ended up really enjoying this. I always worry if these kind of movies are strictly for kids, Tintin is fun for all ages. I can see people don't like it cuz if the massive moving, and fast paced shots. Not everyone can handle films like this, was a pleasant surprise though
½ September 9, 2016
One of the most entertaining movie EVER. I have high hopes for the movie and it exceed my expectations, definitely check it out, you would regret if you don't
August 11, 2016
Certainly is one of Spielberg's most fascinating films to date.
½ August 5, 2016
The Adventures of Tin Tin is beautifully animated, and with its well-written story, the movie brings adventure to new heights.