The Adventures of Tintin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adventures of Tintin Reviews

August 13, 2017
Visually amazing and fun. Spielberg really uses his imagination wildly here.
August 6, 2017
There should be an sequel
August 4, 2017
The guys who made this are awesome!
- Director, Steven Spielberg. He made Jurassic park and it sequal, E.T, Jaws, the list goes on
- Producer, Peter Jackson. He directed all 6
J.R.R Tolkien middle earth films
- Writer, Edgar Wright. I've Herd he makes great comedy and I think he is directing ant man 2
- Writer, Steven Moffat. He make lots of Doctor Who episodes
- Actors, Andy Serkis (New Planet of the Apes trilogy and many Other motion capture roles). Daniel Craig who is apparently a great James Bond. Simon Pegg who is in the new Star treks and IC age 3. And there are several other actors that are great in this movie!!!

- Conclusion... I love this movie!
½ July 23, 2017
I think this is one of Spieldberg's most underrated films
½ June 20, 2017
Mostly good, but the video game adaptation was much better.
June 3, 2017
The Adventures Of Tin Tin is probably the closest a good movie ever got to being a great one with a flawless story, animation that looks like it was live action and a okay roster of characters.
Here are three recommendations:
1. Fans of swashbucklin' action.
2. People who think that animation is a true form of art since it has great visuals and
3. People who've read the comics and loved them.
Story:10|10
Animation:10|10
Characters:6|10
Overall:8.2|10.
½ May 31, 2017
While it is fun, The Adventures of Tintin don't stick with you or affect your heart in any way. The animation sure is gorgeous though.
May 30, 2017
I never read any of the comics so when I saw this, it was coming in completely blank. In fact the only reason I saw it at all was because a friend insisted on showing it to some of us when he learned we hadn't seen it. By the end of the movie, I was enthusiastically thankful to that friend, because this movie is just a hell of a lot of fun. Half Indiana Jones, half boy adventurer, all comedy-action-suspense. Fantastic voice acting from everyone, a solid and fun story at its heart with equally well done animation. I felt the ending was a *tiny* bit of an anti-climax (clearly to set up the sequel which I REALLY STILL WANT), so it loses a star for that, but other than that, no complaints at all. It was an adventure just to watch it.
May 29, 2017
extremely fun movie. enjoyable enough for adults, and a blast for the kids. the action is above average, and the story keeps you invested from start to finish. not Oscar worthy or anything, just a fun adventure flick.
May 26, 2017
Excellent effort, Spielberg! This is a great action-packed film!
½ May 23, 2017
Great movie, probably Steven's most underrated movie it has beautiful animation, clever writing, and a good story, its a blast.
½ May 11, 2017
This is a great adventur movie. The look of the animation is incredible. The voice attacting is top notch. I think the info can get a little hard to process because it is coming at you so fast. I think you will completely enjoy this film. Steven Spielberg knows adventure better than anybody and he was a perfect choice to direct this film.
April 2, 2017
The Adventures of Tintin honours its source material thanks to the assured direction of Steven Spielberg and the fact that the film was under the production of Peter Jackson. The film boasts stunning visuals with animation that's actually better made than other motion-capture movies since there doesn't seem to be as much criticism surrounding the uncanny valley as The Polar Express and A Christmas Carol, the film has funny moments, the set pieces are thrilling and the performances from the cast are great. Jamie Bell shines as Tintin, Andy Serkis seems to be having fun portraying the mostly drunk Captain Haddock, Daniel Craig serves as a villain with a voice that suits someone who's evil pretty well and Nick Frost & Simon Pegg are near pitch-perfect choices as the bumbling inspectors Thomson and Thompson. I can't really praise it for the way it derives from Indiana Jones having never seen any one of the films but I still enjoy this film for what it is: a thrilling, beautifully crafted adventure that remains faithful to the Hergé comic albums by even putting in some clever nods (I'm pretty sure that I saw the Crab with the Golden Claws once or twice in this movie).
March 25, 2017
i died of laugh at the first time and the second time i had a chance to admire the details i wish i could be part of the staff
March 3, 2017
If someone "rotten"-ed this movie, then I don't know if you should trust their reviews. Tintin is a Hergé classic, and with Spielberg's directing, it really doesn't matter if he didn't break new ground or not!! The film is EXACTLY like the books - character style to the city he lived. Even the opening title was one of the comics! On the wall of Tintin's office you could see his adventures on newspaper articles from his other comics before he met the drunk captain. The voice of Tintin sounded like the tv classic and the music was professionally done. All major characters were presented, as they should, and the movie followed the comics till the very end. You can tell Spielberg is a Tintin fanatic!
½ February 19, 2017
At the start you are very impressed by the way it's been filmed. As the film goes on, and they get to sea, you realize it's probably for pre-teens. And it starts to become 'heavy going' for adults.
February 4, 2017
A film that will entertain children and adults alike.
January 29, 2017
A great movie, but I think they Americanized it too much. Very action focused.
½ January 22, 2017
Original and creative story with a good script, good graphics and a lot of suspense. Advisable for everyone.
January 8, 2017
Great film one of my favorite animated features. I love how dizzy the camera work makes the viewer feel and the pace of the movie makes it impossible to keep your eyes off of. I hope they finish the trilogy!