The Angels' Share - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Angels' Share Reviews

October 3, 2016
Just the right amount of Scottish magic in'ere!
½ June 7, 2016
This is a pretty good film, I really enjoyed it, don't listen to all the heavy critics, take it lightly, with a pinch of salt.
½ June 6, 2016
I have given this movie a few viewings but just don't get it. Some of the acting is horrendous, like reading from prompt cards. The story is slow and pretty boring at times. There is a couple of hilarious moments but not enough to save it.
February 23, 2016
Beautiful movie! This is my favorite heist film of all time. Funny/Charming story of people brought together by their community service sentence and attempt to get ahead in life. You should definitely watch this!
½ February 2, 2016
Robbie, that's just became a dad is trying to avoid jail for a violent episode a time back.
He get's a second chance as he also get some better friends and get into the whisky business after visiting a distillery. They come across some very rare drops and Robbie, his good nose and his new friends are up for adventures.

Filled with humor, passion, change and drama this rather complex comedy has a bit of everything. It's not easy to tell what it's about as it can be stripped down into much. This is both a strenght and a little burden. This is solid but it covers a whole lot - maybe a bit much. The fact that it's not "perfect" is a big positive feature. The actors have some spoken errors, some bad footwork or other minor mishaps - but that's life, eh?

I liked it even if I lost the first 10 minutes or so. Ken Loach is a great director, but I have not seen too many of his films. It's sad that I didn't see it with subs. Scottish can be tricky to hang on too - so at times I was rather lost.

7 out of 10 whisky barrels.
½ December 24, 2015
Ken Loach finally made a happy film!
December 14, 2015
Ken Loach light. Not as bad as I'd been led to believe, but definitely a film of two halves with a prologue that's Gritty Glasgow and a denouement that's pure comic fantasy. If only life were able to imitate art.
November 19, 2015
Ken Loach and Paul Leverty balance drama and humor quite well in this playful but realistic story that has a good heart and never loses its grip. It is really like savoring a fine Scotch whiskey - a real pleasure to the senses that makes you always want some more.
November 13, 2015
Charming, funny, and a dark underbelly....a potent mix.
½ November 7, 2015
totally worth of watching... the story was good so was the casting...
September 1, 2015
The great British filmmaker Ken Loach does a fine job breathing charm and life into this familiar story of a group of foul-mouthed Scottish punks looking to atone. It's the sort of blackly comic crime caper you rarely see this well crafted anymore.
½ August 29, 2015
If you're not in to the usual grim reality of a Ken Loach movie, don't let that put you off seeing the Angels' share. This is such a funny and uplifting movie.
½ May 17, 2015
If I had to describe this movie with one word: Warm.
March 1, 2015
(58%)
An above average modern day Scottish tale that successfully incorporates drama, comedy, and a heist movie in one satisfying package. Director Ken Loach is one of few film makers who has the ability to create a largely true to life depiction of life at the bottom step of British life that is both bleakly honest, bitingly tragic, yet still comedic and enjoyable to watch. Above all else this is a tale of redemption that has the ability to show its main character as a real human being with both a very good and a very bad side to his life unlike so many films with plain simple good guys and bad guys. This isn't a rival to Loach's best work, but there's enough here to make this worthy of a watch.
February 19, 2015
The only thing about this movie I really liked, was the end...
½ January 16, 2015
Carino ma moralmente discutibile visto il finale
January 11, 2015
Starts pretty slow, but as the story begins to roll, it's a good afternoon ''Dramedy''. Prepare your ears for that lovely Scottish accent...or get some subs if you're not native english speaking ;)
December 30, 2014
Enjoyable Scottish indie movie available on Netflix. Check it out, you will like it.
½ November 5, 2014
Typical Scotch movie
½ October 16, 2014
Somewhat sugar coated in its premise, it is however a feel-good movie which by Ken Loach's standards doesn't use the same amount of ordinary public realism as many of his previous films.