The Apparition - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Apparition Reviews

½ April 23, 2017
Pretty weak sauce. A by-the-numbers ghost flick that fails to deliver any real scares and lacks any kind of logic in the storytelling. Seriously, the "science" presented is ridiculous.
½ February 6, 2017
Okay, so now fair warning, this is a minor-spoiler, but, I really wouldn't worry about that seeing as I'm going to preface it by recommending you don't watch The Apparition.

In the 3rd act, there are some pretty cool scenes were things like ends up spliced through walls and such. Those parts were actually semi-cool. Everything else about The Apparition is a big, stupid, boring mess.
August 27, 2016
It's painfully generic.
August 22, 2016
I don't know why this movie is considered bad. Personally, it's a favorite of mine!!!
August 18, 2016
37%
I have no idea what i just watched... but damn Greene looked good!

Acting 7
Design 8
Score(music) 5
Rewatch 0
In Theaters 0

This is the lowest score I've given a movie.
½ August 9, 2016
Not a bad movie, but it doesn't offer anything really new. I loved the concept and idea for the movie but the execution was average at best. I still liked it besides the cheesy scenes thrown in.
May 14, 2016
This might be the worst "horror" movie ever made. I saw this a few years ago at my local theater and left laughing. This movie makes very little sense, contradicts itself constantly, and brings some of the worst acting I've ever seen in cinema. 0/5
March 20, 2016
The worst horror movie I've ever seen. It is almost like they wanted the characters to die! Outrageous!
March 15, 2016
The mood and atmosphere work well, but it's lacking in interest value. The setting borrows from movies such as Poltergeist and ET, with the new neighbourhoods being built in the California desert giving it a slightly creepier lonely feel.
½ December 29, 2015
A film so bad it makes medicine sick. If the actors received a wage for this carbuncle of a moving picture they should return it, hang their heads in shame and consider a pious life secreted in a convent or monastery away from public view. A special skill of the apparition was its ability to remove and refit the front number plate to the VW Golf which is seen most frequently during this glorious technicolour turd-fest.
November 20, 2015
The atmosphere is similar to the one in "White Noise," with somewhat more creeps on another similar subject of the supernatural that'd failed due to some bland and clarity lacked filling up the substance, more than the creeps' share. There weren't any room for any scares or compels to get a share when they were in the trailer. It's just a mediocre film I guess with a few little thrills and a elimination with a power to usually lower down a film's level. (C+)

(Full review coming soon)
November 8, 2015
An insult to horror fans
½ September 20, 2015
Gave me goosebumps, I don't understand what people's problem with it is! It's Paranormal that's boring, not this!
½ August 6, 2015
I actually really enjoyed this movie. Acting could have been better, but the story was cool. Just wish it had been executed better.
½ July 29, 2015
Flat, unscary and dearth of filming decency or originality. The Apparition is an utter failure of a simple horror that never has or gains anything for it. Taking all the defining flaws of crappy horrors I've seen recently (Ouija's Motiveless movie, Lazarus Effect's failure to explain things, The pyramid's technical inadequecies and the Devil inside lack of proper ending.) and mashing them terribly
My Advice: Leave it alone and it will do no harm
½ July 25, 2015
Lame, just as expected.
April 9, 2015
This movie is fucking trash
½ April 6, 2015
The Apparition is yet another horror film that brings nothing new to the table. It one of those films that just bore you into tears.

When frightening events start to occur in their home, a young couple, Kelly (Ashley Greene) and Ben (Sebastian Stan) discover they are being haunted by a presence that was accidentally conjured during a university parapsychology experiment. The horrifying apparition feed on their fear and torments them no matter where they to run. Their last hope Patrick (Tom Felton) who is an expert in the supernatural, but even with his help they may already be too late to save themselves from this terrifying force.

Sigh, where do I begin? The Apparition is one the worst horror films I have ever having the pleasure to sit through. I never seen a horror film that is monotonous in every way. Is The Apparition scary? No, it is really isn't. In fact, I could see the jump-scares coming every minute of the film.

The script of the film is really abysmal. It causes the characters to do things that a normal person will never do. It was so bad that I questioned how did the script get pass the studio.

And no acting is no better. No one gives a decent performance in this film. No one not even Tom Felton which is so sad because he was good in Rise of the Planet of the Apes and The Harry Potter series. Ashley Greene on the other hand, I expect a bad performance out her because she was in the Twilight series. And no that is not saying much. And Sebastian Stan wasn't much better either so yeah.

The ending yet again is just insulting. Why is it insulting? Because it is pretty much spoiled in the trailer. After seeing that "ending," I never felt more insulted in my life.

At the end of the day, The Apparition was so bad (and yes it really was) that I being to question why Warner Bros. want to release this drivel across the world. Besides the mediocre effects, that does not save the film from being terrible. And compare to The Apparition, The Devil Inside isn't that bad now. Plus, The Devil Inside is up there with The Exorcist, Halloween (the original), and The Nightmare on Elm Street (again the original) as one the scariest horror films of all time (yeah, not really).

On almost every level, The Apparition is an utter failure. Thankfully, it did not make its budget back otherwise we would have gotten a sequel to this dreadful nonsense. Avoid The Apparition unless you like to be bore out of your mind.
April 3, 2015
Not too bad. Passed an hour or so.
½ March 27, 2015
Dull and unlikeable, as are the characters. Spare yourself.