The Bay Reviews

• Oct 20, 2018

The bay offers a new take on a found footage flick and executed it perfectly. You continue watching telling yourself it's a movie but even reality won't stop you from feeling uneasy as the events unfold in front of you. Multiple stories span across this film and each with its own length and impact. The bay offers realistic horror with the fear that it could happen to you.

• Oct 15, 2018

A perfect echo horror flick !!!!

A perfect echo horror flick !!!!

• Sep 02, 2018

A good thriller based on a parasitic outbreak. Via a combination of news reports, found footage, 1st person interviews, etc theyre able to the tell the story of The Bay. Has a couple jump scares and a lot of gore, but other than that its a thriller imho.

• Aug 14, 2018

For a modestly budgeted movie, it's well made. But it's weird that an Academy award winning director would write and direct a little found footage horror film, but it's an honorable entry in the genre. The acting is okay, but the best thing about this flick are the gruesome special effects, they're well done, this film is definitely not for people with weak stomachs, it's unnerving and provides some tension, with also some commentary on careless authorities concerning the environment. A good horror movie, and one of the better found footage flicks to have come out in recent years. Recommended !!

• May 06, 2018

There was no FaceTime back in 2009 when the movie is supposed to take place! Just one of my observations from watching the film. They seem to act like the things that were around when the movie was filmed (2011-2012) were commonplace in ‘09. Pretty decent found footage flick though. Liked the weirdness of it but there was no way that all hell broke loose just in one day as depicted in the film

• Mar 23, 2018

It was a decent idea for a film that had some creepy moments, lots of good gore, and a couple of surprises, but it didn't go far enough for me.

• Dec 12, 2017

One of the best found footage movies I have ever seen. I could not stop watching this movie and I felt sad for the town. I appreciate that I wasn't stuck with an hour and a half of a cameraman or woman and the rest of the team asking stupid questions over and over. The multiple views and situations made for a very engaging film. What really got me was that this could happen in the future with more and more filth being dumped in the water.

• Sep 29, 2017

As scientifically accurate as The Flintstones. But at least the acting wasn't very good! Seriously though, the people behind this terrible "found footage" film did absolutely zero research into anything. No government entity or service provider performs as they normally would in such circumstances. The "cause" of the outbreak is, literally, just a jumbled mish mash of hot button eco issues. It is the film equivalent of someone running down a deserted street yelling "synergy" and truly thinking that's a good marketing campaign for jeans. The only "reality" to be found here is that small town mayors can be dumb and microscopic organisms can indeed kill us. Outside of that, they might as well have had Scooby and the Mystery Machine as the central figure in the movie.

• Sep 03, 2017

Surprisingly engaging

Surprisingly engaging

• Sep 02, 2017

The acting was horrible. The overall film itself was interesting, yet there were some scenes that were absolutely ridiculous. A stronger cast would make the film better.