The Boy Reviews

• Oct 26, 2019

Much better than expected. Disturbing, thoughtful, sad,intricate, great acting, smart but slow. The last line will become a classic quote. David Morse shines. The boy is chilling.

• Oct 13, 2018

Movie is insanely slow and uninteresting. The lead child character has the same interests as any other 9 yr old that lives on a farm or isolated area, but the movie wants you to believe he is infatuated with death. Would give no stars if I could.

• Oct 03, 2018

It was a great film. Although it can be a slow born, the third

It was a great film. Although it can be a slow born, the third

• Jun 26, 2018

Weird and disturbing - even though I fast forwarded through most of it. SPOILER ALERT Could tell early on that this was going to be a nasty movie when it practically opens with a lonely little boy at some isolated motel luring wild animals into the highway to become road kill. From what I picked up fast forwarding, just got more unsettling from there. So, if you like seeing a disturbed child acting out in a sick manner to fend off boredom, this is the film for you.

• Jan 11, 2018

Nothing special. Can get really slow at times. Has a good ending.

Nothing special. Can get really slow at times. Has a good ending.

• Nov 17, 2016

Although the score does well in building up suspense, no real scares are delivered. The Boy is boring and unsatisfactory until the last few minutes which by then is too late.

• Sep 12, 2016

I sure was expecting a child of the satan kind of horror movie, this was more like a sadistic child growing up in a weird environment. I wouldn't watch it if David Morse wasn't in it. Hated it.

• Aug 26, 2016

Good movie for a nap. Nothing really happens until there is only about 10 mins left in the movie.

• Aug 09, 2016

Very slow burn suspense/drama about a 9 year old boy who slips mentally into a pattern of anger and preoccupation with suffering and death.

• Jul 12, 2016

bates motel kinda but turned it off cuz it creeped me out.

bates motel kinda but turned it off cuz it creeped me out.