The Call Reviews

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    3d ago

I caught this after watching Fractured by Brad Anderson. This is a film I completely forgot and now that I have seen it, I probably didn't need to watch it either. The film is built on the concept and the concept is not carefully developed. The film has potential and only clicks into gear for the finale, which is quite good. I had my problems with the pacing and the fact Berry's character is a call operator and has no issue finding the killer. Why is she in the call centre? She is better than the entire police force. This is an interesting vehicle and deserved its success in the current cinema climate. Strong cast is sadly let down by a shallow script and a strange villain. 12/10/2019

• Aug 02, 2019

Decent movie until the 2/3 point. AWFUL crap-fest ending that expects you to suspend ALL disbelief, which will leave your eyes rolling way up. Too many plot holes and questions left unanswered, like how can refrigerated evidence from multiple missing/murdered victims just be ignored - leaving cases unsolved and loved ones with NO closure? And why would law enforcement completely abandon a perpetrator's property when desperately searching for him and his current victim? It would remain sealed off and guarded until ALL searching is completely for potential evidence. That includes all property/land, with sniffer dogs, metal detectors, etc. C'mon...the heroine quickly finds the hideout! Puuuh-lease. Stupid script.

• Jun 30, 2019

Hesitated to watch this due to the reviews, but I found it was an enjoyable way to pass the time, and kept me interested.

• Jun 17, 2019

The Call starts as a not too bad movie, but the ending is a farce, which ruins the entire film. You'll be left with an unsatisfied feeling.

• Jun 16, 2019

Pretty good suspense throughout the movie. The incestuous relationship wasn't very clear to be honest and I didn't know until looking up the plot. The main characters final decision at the end of the movie was kind of stupid and ruined a perfectly ok movie. Basically, just another one of those movies with a good story line, but a bad ending :/

• Jun 14, 2019

Surprisingly good thriller, enjoyable and interesting. Good to watch on a night in.

• Jun 05, 2019

#1 halle berry movie

#1 halle berry movie

• May 03, 2019

This was terrible, a recycling of every kidnapped girl movie ever made.

This was terrible, a recycling of every kidnapped girl movie ever made.

• Apr 10, 2019

Reaaaaally good and super entertaining also rly shows how any situation can happen anywhere

• Jan 20, 2019

pretty entertaining. But the ending....d'oh...

pretty entertaining. But the ending....d'oh...