The Comedian Reviews

• Dec 27, 2019

Raunchy and unfiltered perfection, though the run-time is a little lengthy. Another DeNiro classic in where every joke encapsulates the stereotypical New York-er attitude I have grown to know and love

• Nov 21, 2019

I made it all the way through but I can't say I'm happy about it. This movie was like the jazz soundtrack - you know it takes talent but it's so melancholy it makes you feel bad and half the notes sound wrong. Isn't Taylor Hackford dead? Maybe not, but judging by The Comedian, his career is. Poor direction and probably miscasting in the lead role. With so many actual older comedians around, WHY did they cast De Niro? Was I the only one watching him read the jokes off cue cards? The script was pretty good and this could have been a very good movie, but alas, it was like the lead character: off (color) and not very likable.

• Oct 03, 2019

Agree with the other reviews

Agree with the other reviews

• Aug 13, 2019

The comedian tries but ultimately it falls flat. I liked how the movie used New York as a character and the trumpet jazz soundtrack is excellent. Performances are decent with a good cast in a few fun cameos. But the writing and the script just isn’t very good with some dull moments. Robert De Niro singing about poop to senior citizens for five minutes. Really? Language wise the movie is pretty vulgar and I’ll really not very funny.

• Aug 13, 2019

• Aug 19, 2018

De Niro is an overrated hack. He hasn't made a decent movie in years. He's mailing it in. Maybe he should stay out of politics because he knows zero about economics and take some acting classes.

• Jul 08, 2018

I thought he, Robert De Niro is a prick, but a human prick. A Modern Lenny Bruce who seems to think America 102 is on a slide into life as a series of Reality TV shows that can't stand the rude, meanness it, itself has become. We're assholes who put babies into camps, babies big and little kids, families, babies we've stolen from mothers who have risked not only their own lives to save their kids and give them a chance to have decent lives, but even the lives of their kids to give them a chance to have good lives. They love these kids so much they travel through a thousand plus miles of terror, never knowing what will become of them what will even happen one minute to the next. What do we do? We mock them; we degrade them; we send them back to hell with or without the children we've stolen from them as if we had a right to do it because we are Americans. This is the bullshit Reality Show we live in every day, and it's getting worse, because we're getting worse. We are mean little asshole hypocrites. Fuck this bullshit. Good movie.

• Jun 03, 2018

I think this is Robert DeNiro's 4th abortion in 5years...they just keep getting worse and worse. Wow.....Dirty Grandpa, The Intern, Grudge Match.....if I can give Robert DeNiro any advice at all,it would be to read "The Art of The Deal." He might learn something about not getting fleeced in divorce proceedings. This movie stinks.

• May 31, 2018

dE NIRO IS TRUE TO HIS REPUGNANT DISGUSTING LOW BROW FORM IN THIS MOVIE, OBVIOUSLY HE WAS GIVEN FREE REIGN TO BE HIMSELF. THE FUNNIEST BIT IS WHERE THE LEFTIST WUS THREW ONE OF HIS GIRLIE PUNCHES. THE GUY IS SUCH A BAD ACTOR HE CAN'T EVEN PRETEND TO BE A TOUGH GUY ANYMORE. oLD AGE IS REALLY NOT DOING HIS CAREER ANY FAVORS, NOR IS HIS TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME HELPING HIS INTELLECTUAL INSTABILITY.

• Feb 28, 2018

The acting was good and the plot was great. We all know that a comedians have dark lives. That's what makes them amazing. It was enjoyable to see all the Rock Star comedians in one movie. I enjoyed it.