The Dark Knight Rises - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Knight Rises Reviews

July 23, 2017
the movie was exceptional I love this movie you have a weaken Bruce Wayne and he has to rise up to save Gotham from bane the movie was so good awesome fight scenes and great story lines once again another batman well done
July 22, 2017
Perfect conclusion,for one the best trilogies of all time.
July 21, 2017
Hard to follow, but that could be because I was multitasking.
July 20, 2017
Sadly the last film in what has been one of the greatest bunch of Batman movies, played by Christian Bale and directed by Christopher Nolan, ever created.
In this film enters a villain like no other. A deceitful and mastermind in his craft, Bane (Tom Hardy), takes over control of not only Gotham but the souls and lives of every citizen. Selina, or better known as Catwoman (Anne Hathaway) is also I trdoced in this film as being very quick, sassy, as well as extremely beautiful and plays a large role in this film (especially the end). Another huge role played in the movie that doesn't really get his full justice until the end (Robin twist) is Officer Blake (Joseph Gordon-Levitt).
This last film in the trilogy is packed together with nonstop action, so much that it will keep you glued to the edge of your seat wondering what exactly will come next. There is a great storyline that teaches us lessons of how to overcome both physical and mental obstacles (the pit). The film has numerous twists and blindside hits. One thing that I found funny and reflective in every film was that it all comes down to a trigger haha.
It will be more than a challenge to top these 3 amazing films with Christian Bale as the Batman and Christopher Nolan as the director. Well done DC.

"Deshi basara! Deshi basara!"
½ July 20, 2017
With truly gripping Characters,Story,and Conclusion The Dark Knight Rises is a truly emotional and epic experience from beginning to end.
July 20, 2017
this movie its very good anne hathway as catwoman she is amazing sexy hot
½ July 20, 2017
Nice, not more than that
½ July 19, 2017
The epic conclusion to Nolan's Batman trilogy delivers the best action of the series. Hardy, Hathaway, and Levitt are all welcomed additions to a stacked world.
July 18, 2017
It was a hard trilogy to wrap up and may not be the final act we expected but it was still a worthy final chapter Gotham deserved.
July 17, 2017
Really good ending to the dark knight movies. Bane is a good bad guy and has a nice ending that really shows what batman would do for Gotham
July 16, 2017
First two hours: solid B+
The final 45 minutes: Exceptional A
The last hundred and twenty seconds: perfection.
July 14, 2017
The dark Knight Rises was a good movie Batman will face Bane he is hard to beat and Batman will see Cat women as well I would say what a good movie to see there where funny moments I thought cat woman was funny! I'm a Batman fan and I would recommend it to see this movie
July 14, 2017
The Dark Knight Rises is an epic end to what is undoubtedly the greatest superhero trilogy ever. Having said that, this movie is definitely the weakest of the three. Tom Hardy is good as Bane, but on the heels of Ledger's Joker, he just pales. Anne Hathaway doesn't really wow as Catwoman either, and I felt like she could have been left out altogether.
½ July 13, 2017
The DARK KNIGHT RISES was fun to watch even if it doesn't match Batman Begins or The Dark Knight. While I enjoyed Hans Zimmer's genius soundtrack, the special effects and Bruce being forced to climb out of the hole, I felt Bane isn't as great of a villain as Joker because Bane seems more like just a muscular, angry Karl Marx while Joker is a psychotic clown who loves to think evil and good are the SAME thing, but wants good to become evil.
July 12, 2017
Nolan falls victim to the 3 strike curse. The film is not necessarily too ambitious - Nolan simply doesn't evoke any charisma from his cast to make it a more emotional send-off. Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway were inexplicably thrust into major roles that existed primarily because of fan request - rather than any central meaning to the story. Villain confusion, combined with an obsessive need to end the story on a positive note, watered down the drama.
July 12, 2017
Pretty solid. Great effects. Bane was cool. A little too long but otherwise a good wrap up to the trilogy
July 11, 2017
It's the perfect ending for one of the best trilogies ever made. Tom Hardy as Bane is amazing and mesmerizing and Christian Bale (the best batman) is just perfect. Absolutely dark and fantastic. Just amazing!
½ July 11, 2017
A magnificent way to end to a trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises takes two reasonably stand-alone films and by tying them together from the big themes and plot points through to the little details it unites them into a triptych that is even greater than the sum of its parts. Yet it is also the differences to it's predecessors that impress; less tightly-packed crime drama or action thriller, more sprawling epic with elements of war film, meaning each part of the trilogy has its own unique feel. That's not to say it's not dense, like most Nolan works it is rather overstuffed, piling on a plethora of ideas and plot threads, and this may be the one that comes closest to collapsing under its own weight. Certainly it struggles with having a lot of ground to cover at the start, Nolan's typically eloquent exposition becomes clumsier than usual, and there are moments throughout that could have done with a little more room to breath and themes more time for exploration. However, it's still impressive how much content is packed in and that it still comes out as well paced as it is; once the groundwork is laid the minor flaws become easier to overlook as it sweeps us up in its charge towards a thundering conclusion.
If in the middle film Batman was almost lost behind the ensemble that is not so here; despite sharing the screen with a great cast, who provide some of the series' best moments, both the man behind the suit and the idea behind the man are central here and Bale, given even more varied material than before, surpasses his previous performances. Returning regulars all reach new heights of acting and depths of emotion. Fresh faces from the source material are, as to be expected from this series, creative interpretations, yet ones that convey their essential core. Hardy and Hathaway are perfect as Bane and Selina and they are ingeniously employed to further the narrative and enhance the experience. The story is a brilliant combination of elements from several comic arcs that twists them to play with expectations and pays tribute to the multitude of Batman incarnations seen over the years. As a result of these qualities The Dark Knight trilogy delivers one of the definitive Bruce Wayne stories and the third chapter ultimately rises above the source material to provide what the comics never can; closure.
July 11, 2017
A great film, but sadly it will never be rated highly enough as it is in the shadow of the previous film.
July 11, 2017
The Dark Knight Rises is written and directed by Christopher Nolan, once again played by Bruce Wayne/Batman by Christian Bale, with a returning cast of allies: Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth, Gary Oldman as James Gordon, and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox. The film introduces Selina Kyle "CATWOMEN" by Anne Hathaway, and Bane played by Tom Hardy. Eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, merciless revolutionary by Bane forces an older Bruce Wayne returning to Batman and save Gotham City by a nuclear holocaust.

Oh my God!!! What are finale with a great trilogy. The Dark Knight Rises has to be one of the greatest finales of any superhero or any movie universe with a great final chapter!!

This is not a Batman film, it is once again a drama action of the telling of Bruce Wayne. For Bruce Wayne keeping away from the public I from eight years after Harvey Dent death from the Dark Knight. From the Dark Knight, Batman didn't win, The Joker did!! From the building of the joker having Harvey Dent going to the darkside of evil Hans Bruce Wayne. I just love it. With each superhero film it is a different story or yet a universe. The dark Knight trilogy is it's own universe, there's no such thing as a DC comic universe in these films. It's Batman universe, no Superman, no Wonder Woman, none, notha. But Batman universe, and I love it!!

Coming from a breaking point of humanity of the Dark Knight, and in the Dark Knight Rises, Bruce Wayne Rises!! I did say that The Dark Knight trilogy it's all in one movie, and I mean it!! It is all one movie, you just can't watch the Dark Knight and just say that it is your favorite superhero film, guilty is one of my top five films, but the Dark Knight is incomplete, you have to watch Batman Begins first, then the Dark Knight, and Dark Knight Rises. It's not a trilogy it's a nine hour movie.

The Dark Knight rises is an epic opus, thrilling drama epically amazing!! Let me just get with Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, she is freaking amazing, I love her as Selena Kyle, not very true to the comic books, but very true of a new character like for Selena Kyle. Selena Kyle is pretrade as a thief!! She was never mentioned as Catwoman in the film, but her moves and her thieving is like a cat, I just find it very genius with Christopher Nolan's writing for his characters. Tom Hardy is a genius, i'm so glad that he still collaborating with Christopher Nolan, and making great films!! I love him in The Revenant, I love him in Mad Max Fury Road, and I absolutely love him as Bane!! Once again pain is not for trade in anyway in the comics, he is pretrade it in his own way, muscleman like figure, with a disability that he cannot breathe and has to have a gas mask to help im talk and breath, not like Bane from Batman and robin. Because truly Ban is very smart in the comics, finally they got home right!!

I will not spoil these films, it is not my doing to spoil of any film, it is amazing by what Christopher Nolan made with this franchise, and made it amazing for everybody to love Batman even more. Christian Bale, Love him or hate him as Batman, his portrayal as Batman is very investing to to look at and as an individual of any superheroe upper bringing.

Christopher Nolan has to be one of the greatest directors working today, I mean it!! Hey makes classic after classic films everything single time!! The Dark Knight Trilogy has to be his trademark of film. Sadly can't make anymore Batman films, but he left a blueprint of how to make a great superhero movie three times!!

Grade: A Perfect 10