The Dark Knight Rises - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Knight Rises Reviews

March 26, 2017
A truly stunning display of suspense, action, and one's own mind
½ March 24, 2017
A weak end to a weak and massively overrated trilogy. Now DC can get back to what the REAL Batman was about.
½ March 24, 2017
Serves as a fitting end to a legendary trilogy but it is undoubtedly flawed. Not even Christopher Nolan himself can surpass what he did in the Dark Knight
March 18, 2017
The Dark Knight Rises does what it needs to do, and that's competing with its previous film, the Dark Knight which is questionable as the greatest solo superhero movie of all time, and that's what it does. It doesn't necessarily beat the Dark Knight but still lives up to be a great film. Not as high in the charts, but still a spectacular film. My Score: 85%
March 14, 2017
The weakest of the trilogy, with plot hole galore but still enjoyable.
March 12, 2017
Great Movie, Great Action and special effects. Christian bale is too good.
March 11, 2017
This movie is near flawless. While it is the least "Batman" of all the Batman movies released, it's still a fantastic movie in every way I can think of. Of particular note I think was Tom Hardy's performance as Bane. I often look away from trailers in the theater to avoid being spoiled, but one thing that stuck with me was when I heard Bane's voice in the trailer. Even though I wasn't actively watching the trailer, that voice stuck out as frightening, and stayed with me for the months I was waiting for the movie, and I feel his portrayal in the movie lived up to what I had built up in my mind. While Bane may not be as physically imposing as the character often is portrayed, I'm okay with sacrificing a bit of that if it means a better performance, and I am very happy with what we got with that.

Furthermore, I think Anne Hathaway's Catwoman is probably my favorite version. Unlike most of the previous attempts, it's much more grounded in realism, and Hathaway has the perfect attitude for the character, and also has some fantastic acting and chemistry with the other characters in the movie. There are also some unexpected moments that I won't spoil, but I found very satisfying, and ultimately I think this movie does a perfect job wrapping up the trilogy that I think will stay for a long time as the best superhero film series of all time.

Personal Grade: S++
Technical Score: 99%
March 11, 2017
R,foshzdhdjdjjjjjgngbMkd hcpoiiqepoiiuqwetyltfehgufhfjqwwwAs c_\
,ofmlrbhhhbbbbbgk
March 5, 2017
Very intense movie...tension is throughout the whole playtime... bale once again shines...its another great movie in the trilogy...
½ March 5, 2017
One of the epic trilogies ever made.. The movie doesn't match its predecessor - although comparing with a classic like "The Dark Knight" is quite unfair. Nolan gives a fitting end to the trilogy and the caped crusader. Bale, Hathaway & Hardy give excellent performances and decent performances from the rest of the cast.
March 4, 2017
Doesn't strive for perfection but instead at runs full tilt for scale. After TDK seemed to strive for a sense of reality, the sequel moves on and looks for epic mythological status. If you drop logic in favour of the purest sense of thrill
½ March 3, 2017
An epic conclusion to a well-delivered trilogy. Even though it does have the charm of its predecessor, still one of the best flicks of comic-book movie history.
March 3, 2017
Kind of a let down for an epic saga
½ March 1, 2017
When I first watched this, I was underwhelmed. I missed the visionary city scapes of Batman Begins, and the psychological cat and mouse of The Dark Knight. But what I didn't udnerstand then, is that what makes this movie work is in it's role in the trilogy. It shows the passage of time, and the wear and tear the life of a super hero would cause. Taking place 8 years after the second installment, The Dark Knight Rises pits batman against a physically superior seemingly intellectually equal villain called Baine. In addition to this story line, Cat Woman is featured and the portrayal of her character is done well. However, this last movie in the trillogy really made me appreciate Michael Caine's role as Alfred as a complex character, and perhaps the one person who understands Batman more than Batman himself. In terms of action, the scenes of destruction are massive but believable including a memorable scene on an airplane. Early on in the movie. Overal, this is a fitting end to a great super hero trilogy.
February 28, 2017
The dark knight rises is a really good movie, not as good as the dark knight but better than Batman begins
½ February 25, 2017
This fantastic finale finally closes one of the greatest trilogies of all time
February 24, 2017
A good movie with many problems. Though Bale feels more like Batman here, the film contains many plot holes and provides an uneven conclusion.
February 24, 2017
I think this speaks for itself.
February 23, 2017
The Dark Knight Rises is a spectacular movie, with great story and beautiful cinematography but isn't better than The Dark Knight
February 22, 2017
Over the past couple of weeks, I have often stated in my reviews that certain films simply do not hold up a couple years after seeing them. The Dark Knight Rises hurts the most. I still really like it, except this for a while was on my Top 10 list of favourite films ever. This was the very first Batman film I saw and it absolutely blew me away. The epic scale, the triumphant musical score, the action and the terror of Tom Hardy's Bane. I had never seen a villain like that before. Sitting in the theatre thinking, "How in the world can Batman beat him? Can he?" Bane was just awesome and terrifying. Anne Hathaway's Catwoman was very good and Joseph Gordon-Levitt was another excellent addition to the already stacked cast. Christain Bale also kills it as Batman, however, I still can't decide if I like him over Michael Keaton. It's a close call. For a movie with all this in it, how can it be a disappointment? Well, the first time I saw this film, I had never seen any Batman films, which includes the Dark Knight. I had nothing to compare it too. After watching them back to back, I can finally understand why people enjoyed The Dark Knight over this. Simply having the great characters of the Joker and Harvey Dent pushed that film over this one. Plus, I never felt bored in The Dark Knight, whereas I definitely felt the length of The Dark Knight Rises. Overall, this film is not as good as it's predecessor. It may not be the ending this franchised deserved, but it's the one it needed. Do you like that one Batman fans?