Reviews

• Dec 08, 2021

Great cast, great animation and pretty accurate to the comic.

Great cast, great animation and pretty accurate to the comic.

• Oct 09, 2021

This is a really great superman movie. The voice acting, writing and animation are pretty much all on point. Plus it really captures the essence of the character

• Aug 19, 2021

With a more likable depiction of Superman for anybody who hates his more cocky, arrogant New 52 version, intense, emotionally heavy action, strong voice acting and even managing to insert the members of the Justice League in a manner that feels natural without coming off as either cameos or spotlight thieves, this adaptation of one of the most (in)famous Superman stories/publicity stunts of all time does its source material justice. One of DC's finest non-Batman offerings and also a pretty good first choice for a solo animated Superman film.

• Jul 13, 2021

Despite the good cast, the voice acting left me a little wanting (my only slight gripe)... but otherwise the plot was surprisingly well constructed and hit me harder than I expected (I actually teared up a bit in a few parts). I've read the comic this was (loosely) based on, and I have to say - this movie is the superior product (one of the few times the movie far outshined the [comic]book). One probably needs a baseline understanding of DC Comics to fully appreciate - but it's great and conveys exactly what it needs to in a medium that perfectly suits it. I'd rewatch this over Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, any day.

• Jul 04, 2021

This is another re-telling of the infamous Death of Superman story. I would say it is the best of the bunch, especially when comparing with the classic comic. This movie is full of hearts.

• May 22, 2021

Super depressing. Superman is so supposed to be inspiring. This was a huge bummer and I loved the comic book version.

• May 07, 2021

I really loved this movie, not only as a fan of the series of DC animated movies but also as someone who really loved the comic. It delivers on the action that the comic, story, & title promise, while also holding up the story and source material that came before. I only deducted 1 ⭐️ because it is limited by an approximately 1:15 run time (which the complete edition fixes), but also because I would've preferred that they did this adaptation in the same fashion that they did Frank Miller's Batman: The Dark Knight Returns animated movies. It would've been nice to see it animated in a way that complimented the art style of the comic, other than that one personal gripe this is a great, action filled, source material loyal, comic book movie. Everything a fan of the comics and superheroes in general could want!

• Apr 17, 2021

Well, they not only killed Superman, but also my interest in him

Well, they not only killed Superman, but also my interest in him

• Apr 13, 2021

es una gran pelicula una gran adaptacion de un comic icono

es una gran pelicula una gran adaptacion de un comic icono

• Mar 14, 2021

Half the length and twice as good as the Snyder telling, which still isn't saying much.