The Face of Love Reviews

• Dec 24, 2019

This must be one of the worst films i have ever seen. So bad, that not even the greats like Benning, Harris and Williams can save it. Very bad script and direction. Waste of money, talent and my time.

• Nov 29, 2018

The movie was so good that, the ending messed up all of that good stuff from the beginning. The fact that they have Robin Williams in there and barely gave them enough stuff makes you feel like you wasted a Robin Williams movie they just put him in there to make you want to see it. But like I said the movie would have been great had the ending I've been a cop out like that it was stupid

• Oct 10, 2018

Co-written and directed by Arie Posin with the movie opening with flashbacks of Nikki Lostrom (Annette Bening) enjoying her time with her husband, Garret Mathis played by Ed Harris. Ending those flashbacks is when she finds her husband not breathing while lying on the beach- viewers suspect it was a drowning. After 5 years later upon visiting an art resort her late husband often goes to, she would then catch a glance of a man who looks the same as her late husband we find out his name is Tom Young also played by Ed Harris. For the next hour or so, she would then make every conceivable effort to keep him from knowing the fact who he originally used to look like which brings up more questions than it answers. Robin Williams also stars as the neighbor/ friend of Nikki's old family.

• Apr 06, 2018

Endearing in a creepy kind of way. Any of us could do the same. I couldn't think of a better way for the movie to play out.

• Nov 30, 2017

Love this movie. Deep, enchanting, unsettling, but revealing as you ask yourself, "what would I do?" So many literary twists and devices are used that it's worth a second watch to pick them all up along the way. Lots of room for interpretation about what things mean, including the ending, that it gives ample food for thought in the difficult situation presented. Rare to see a profound and thought-provoking movie these days that lets you sort through the emotions and meaning on your own without presuming the outcome. In that way, the movie captures precisely the challenges of life itself. Bravo.

• Sep 23, 2017

Extremely touching movie with excellent performances by Benning and Harris! The last scene is very touching and hits home!

• Jul 30, 2017

An intimately thoughtful and intricately moving romance about a grieving widow holding in check a myriad of conflicting sentiments when she meets years later an eidetic image of her dead husband and attempts in secret to make new memories from the past with him.

• Jan 25, 2017

Nikki (Anette Bening) queda viuda ante la muerte de Garrett. Al poco tiempo, Nikki conocerá a un hombre, Tom (Ed Harris) que es exactamente igual a su marido difunto. El amor puede regresar a la vida de Nikki... Una grave obsesión, y un conflicto emocional se desarrollará a partir de este suceso.

• Oct 28, 2016

The script is a little shallow but the end of the movie provokes so many questions its worth watching it.

• Oct 21, 2016

Shame on the critics. We really should judge films on the many and varied ways they can shine or fall down. This was an excellent film although more suited to adult audiences with the right disposition. I was really unsure how this film was going to end, and it did not disappoint. The doppelganger aspect of the story was totally believable and it was a pleasure to watch the two leads weave their spell. A gem.