The Fundamentals of Caring Reviews

• Jul 05, 2019

I read a lot of reviews about this movie written by some professional critics, some wannabe professional critics and some everyday people like myself. There were some big words used to describe simple things that I had to look up in the dictionary to figure out what the hell the reviewer was going on about. I read catch phrases such as "a coming of age movie" and "road trip cliches". None of that matters because this movie is not the kind you smack a label on, acronym to death or dismiss because you don't like Selena Gomez's comedic timing. This movie...this story... is several stories within one big story that anyone from any walk of life can find a piece of themselves within. Divorce, death of child, disabilities, low self esteem, lack of self worth, abuse, neglect, shame, absentee father, loss of parent, trying to find oneself, overcoming obstacles in life, stereotypes, war, soliders, forgiveness and on and on. You don't watch this kind of movie because Paul Rudd has great drama/comedy talent. You watch, listen, learn and takeaway from your story, a friend's story, a strangers story, anyone and everyone's story. Then when you least expect it you have your "ah ha" moment. For me...my "ah ha" moment...its ok to be stuck for a moment like Ben, afraid of change and to leave my comfort zone like Trevor, determined to get to my Denver like Dot, to boast about my solider like Peaches and shake in my boots like Elsa at the thought of my "baby" going out into the world to experience life without me. For my daughter...just because your absentee father wasn't there for you in life it doesn't mean you didn't deserve better...hes the asshole...your still worth your weight in Gold and deserving of the live and support you received from your adoptive father. Give it an hour and a half, find your "ah ha" moment and share it with someone else. They'll be glad you did and you'll be better the person for it. BTW...Slim Jims suck lol....

• Super Reviewer
    May 17, 2019

How can any movie go wrong with Paul Rudd? It is a cheesy, sentimental movie... but the kind of cheesy and sentimental movie Paul Rudd is able to pull off with the likes Craig Roberts and Salena Gomez. just get you some tomato soup and enjoy a big dose of grilled cheese... grilled cheese and Paul Rudd... 2 great classics!

• Apr 25, 2019

Without neglecting its formulaic ground, the Fundamentals of Caring is a sufficiently intimate and well acted drama that leaves a smile on your face.

• Apr 15, 2019

The fundamentals of caring delves deeps into the problematic life of a carer looking for redemption. Something all carers relate to on different levels in their lives. Caring and disabilities is a notably difficult subject to base a successful comedy drama around to factor in the connection to an audience The movie portrays this perfectly and reminded me of "The Upside" it's nice to watch a movie that doesn't have to rely on toilet humour. It's witty and funny whilst touching on emotion and Paul Rudd is a great addition to such a movie. Let audience score speak for its self as the those people calling themselves "professional critics" don't ever really seem to portray it's real audiences thoughts 4/5

• Apr 13, 2019

All time favourite movie... beautiful balance of an overwhelmingly emotional story line and a sharp and witty cast.

• Mar 02, 2019

Hilarious and heartwarming despite a few clunky plot elements.

Hilarious and heartwarming despite a few clunky plot elements.

• Mar 02, 2019

My all time favourite netflix original! BITE OF THE JAMES?!

My all time favourite netflix original! BITE OF THE JAMES?!

• Feb 27, 2019

Great movie with funny dry humor. Critics who say this movie is bad are doing so because depressed sarcastic people hate looking in the mirror. Very cute movie.

• Feb 26, 2019

It's a feel good movie that has some laughs. It's something to watch if you just want to relax and not think too hard. I surprised myself by putting it on a second time awhile after the first.

• Feb 18, 2019

A heartwarming indie drama made superlative by Paul Rudd's performance and his undeniable chemistry with Craig Roberts. The Fundamentals of Caring tells an overly familiar story with an ending that can easily be predicted long before it's reached, but some quirky moments and a hilarious script help cover up its flaws and cliches and makes for a really enjoyable movie worth a watch.