The Gift Reviews

• Jul 06, 2019

The Gift can best be said that it's a throwaway film. About forty minutes in I knew where it was headed. I said to myself, 'Please don't go this way' and it did and lasted for two hours. People were shocked, but I didn't find it to be worthwhile. The performances were great. But it was highly predictable and made the levity fall apart on itself. It was a good concept from the trailer, but ended up seeing the good and bad are role reversals. Pretty much it proclaimed, 'Poor me, I'm a helpless individual who must take revenge' aspect that I found to be dullard. It didn't trick me. It didn't add anything that I saw. I say you could steer clear of this film. It's a poor choice. But the performances from Jason Bateman and Joel Edgerton where pretty spot on. Otherwise, avoid it.

• Apr 03, 2019

Film looked interesting, had a lot of potential, but (SPOILER AHEAD) 30minutes before the end of the film you knew, whose baby it was

• Mar 16, 2019

Predictable, slow... Terrible movie

Predictable, slow... Terrible movie

• Feb 12, 2019

This drama/thriller starring Jason Bateman & Rebecca Hall is especially twisted by the end, and the co-star/supporting actor Joel Edgerton (who also happens to be the writer & director of the film) is fantastic as Gordo. Highly recommended.

• Jan 30, 2019

Joel Edgerton wrote, directed and stars in this white-knuckle psychological thrill ride that makes Fatal Attraction look like amateur hour. He plays a creeptastic guy who suddenly shows up in the lives of his former high-school acquaintance (Jason Bateman) and his new wife (Rebecca Hall), bringing along a shocking 20-year-old secret. This terrifying Gift is a keeper. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time watching this film. It does get a little confusing and slow towards the middle of the film which certainly ruins the intrigue a little bit. But the ending wraps The Gift together nicely in a beautiful bow of an ending that I had to give this film a solid review.

• Jan 21, 2019

Made you think kinda movie

Made you think kinda movie

• Jan 21, 2019

Surpreendente. Assumo que no início não esperava muito do filme, mas com o desenrolar da trama percebi a grande atmosfera criada pelo diretor. Em alguns momentos do filme eu quis matar Simon, noutros eu fiquei louco com Gordo, tudo já criado e previsto pelo diretor (Joel Edgerton, que dá vida ao próprio Gordo).

• Jan 15, 2019

Really creepy. I couldn't get over how gross it was. Resolution was unexpected but disturbing. It was impressive and some of the themes were interesting, but it was an uncomfortable watch.

• Jan 10, 2019

Another great movie with no ending. What is the new obsession with not tying things up!?! You make us sit through an hr and 48 mins of good acting, good directing, great cinematography and for what!? All a big waste of my time. Ugh give us an ending!!

• Jan 04, 2019