The Good Wife Reviews

• Jan 15, 2013

Really creepy. Definitely not my type of movie

Really creepy. Definitely not my type of movie

• Sep 24, 2012

Monday, September 24, 2012 (1986) The Good Wife DRAMA Originally called "The Umbrella Woman" in Austraila, a movie that plays like one of the worst soap operas ever made starring Rachael Ward as Marge Hills the wife of real life husband of Bryan Brown playing as her faithful husband Sonny Hill, the time is sometime during "The Great Depression" and chops trees down as a way of getting by along with his younger brother Sugar Hills (Steven Vidler) who eventually gains consent in hitting puberty with Sonny's wife. Eventually, she becomes selfish and gets tired living the life she's always accustomed in doing which is the cleaning and the cooking, that she's willing to get herself humiliated by some of the townspeople just so she can be with a much wealthier sleazeball who takes pride in sleeping around with other peoples wives and his name is Neville played by Sam Neil. The movie is so bad one can know whatever happens if s/he were to use the fast forward button while playing since the dialogue is so uninspiring and emotionally draining. Oh yeah, although the movie is given the "R" rating on my commercial copy, it's only given that rating because of it's subject matter since their is no nudity nor any offensive language, at least as far as I know anyway. 1/2 out of 4

• Jul 22, 2010

Great acting, but the plot is so implausible that it's laughable.

Great acting, but the plot is so implausible that it's laughable.

• Dec 27, 2008

A slow, but very interesting and visually beautiful I really like Bryan Brown's character Sonny, who is kind even in the face of his wife's lost state. Rachel Ward and Bryan Brown always light up the screen and bring an interesting chemistry. I won't watch it again, but enjoyed it nonetheless.

• Jan 30, 2008

"The Good Wife" is slow, solemn and boring, and so I assume it is meant to be a serious study of Marge and her problems. But this material is so dead that maybe having fun with it was the only hope.

• Jul 08, 2007

Interesting, yet foolish movie. It details an obsession mildly, and could have showed more psychological struggle. For a late 80's movie, the acting is decent as well as the picture. It won't leave you feeling as you were when you first began watching it.

• Jun 07, 2007

Okay so I admit it I'm a Sam Neill fan. The man is my favorite actor and I intend to watch every film he's ever made if I can. That being said this movie is a very good character study with good acting all around. The story held me captivated until the end and I'm not usually one for this type of movie (unless Sam Neill is in it)

• May 23, 2007

mildly interesting story about a very pathetic woman who is anything but a good wife.