The Guest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Guest Reviews

½ June 22, 2017
This movie was a lot of fun and a big surprise. Do yourself a favor and watch this.
June 20, 2017
Surprisingly intense and enjoyable. Solid acting paired with an amazing soundtrack makes the Guest a wonderful ride down a hidden path.
June 19, 2017
June 18, 2017
I loved this movie!!! I went into this not really knowing much about it and that lack of information turned the entire experience into such an unpredictable one. I've never heard of Dan Stevens but man this guy kicks some serious ass in this film. I wouldn't mind seeing him in another action movie roll in the future. I'm going to have to watch it again to try and figure out some things about it that I missed the first time around. This also has one of the best soundtracks since I saw "Drive" awhile back. A very enjoyable movie regardless of whether you fully understand the ending or not. Lots of fun, a great leading performance by Dan Stevens and a killer soundtrack! Definitely pick this one up.
½ June 13, 2017
I liked it. Not great but ok. Slow paced at first but it picks up. Story wasn't explained well. I hope there is a sequel to this. Nice music. Dan Stevens is HOT.
June 10, 2017
The guest is a wickedly exciting thriller that bolsters a strong performance by Dan Stevens. There were a few things left unexplained, but a great time nonetheless
May 15, 2017
I joined RT just to warn people that this movie is horrible. Totally implausible, inexplicable plot twists, wooden characters (dad, friends), cliched and silly ending in a halloween house with a soundtrack. How did this get 90% from critics? I saw it for free and I want my money back.
½ May 14, 2017
Someone with a like super cool sense of irony went to universal studios and was allowed to have a look through the scripts Orion passed on in 1985 and convinced them to stump up the 50 dollars necessary to make the film thinking 'this'll be a great in joke for everyone' except the joke's on us. Best thing about it is the universal ident and the shot of the landscape at the start. It all goes downhill from there.
½ May 8, 2017
Loved the character Dan Stevens plays.
½ May 3, 2017
One of the worst movies I've ever seen.
½ May 2, 2017
I think this movie has been cast into the wrong genre(s). As an action/thriller the movie falls flat. This is really a horror flick. From this perspective the film works.
½ April 12, 2017
I don't usually like thrillers, but I liked this film. It's slick and mysterious. Dan Stevens gives us hints that all may not be well without actually saying so. I found myself constantly reevaluating the evidence given.
½ April 9, 2017
The best kind of midnight movie. Cheesy fun with good thrills. Dan Stevens is great.
April 8, 2017
What in the world???? I do love Dan Stevens and the music was great, but the plot...not sure about that one!
April 6, 2017
Okay, if you can ignore the absolute silliness of a family mourning the loss of their soldier son *casually inviting* a TOTAL STRANGER to stay with them, then this film is a TON of fun and well worth a look.

It sports a great synth-y, '80s styled score, has some great lines and a ton of fun violence as we start to learn more about our mystery man lead, who is naturally not exactly who he claims to be - what's not to love?

Recommended.
April 4, 2017
The Guest, from the creators of You're Next. The Guest is one of the biggest surprises of this year. This movie is very stylish as boasting enough intelligence of it's darkly violent thrills. It hearkens back to the 80's action and horror, like as 'The Terminator'. A fantastic performance from Dan Stevens as the mysterious guest, and a 80's inspired soundtrack from the film. This movie is funny, scary, and thrilling, all blended into one that feels like a comical adventure than a straight up typical horror film. The Guest offers another addition to genre fans from the director Adam Wingard.
March 28, 2017
Think Drive meets a 90s horror movie and you have one of the most bad ass, cool, and entertaining movies of 2014
March 18, 2017
The film is not thrilling at all but it's very Entertaining. Dan Stevens' performance is brilliant and the 80's soundtrack is enjoyable. The ending is a bit cliched though.
February 28, 2017
Good, really shit ending
February 27, 2017
A fresh take on an old trope. This film pays homage to 80s thriller while being smart enough to garner it's indie status.