The Guest Reviews

• 1d ago

Great performance from Dan Stevens.. He managed to get a very impressive physique and perfect American accent.. His psychological performance is capturing.. He has a talent for getting to you with his eyes and voice

• Sep 05, 2019

When pursuing a military fugitive in the US and they're holding up in an innocent family house it's good policy to use maximum force and machine guns to shoot at him while destroying the house and any possbile innocents therein. Good job. And David, you're my kinda guy. Overall it's like a poor man's Bourne with a nutter instead of a good guy, but not too bad.

• Sep 03, 2019

Surprisingly good. If u like the trailer than Definitely go check it out.

Surprisingly good. If u like the trailer than Definitely go check it out.

• Jul 17, 2019

mayan lah daripada bengong. dan stevens omg hot

mayan lah daripada bengong. dan stevens omg hot

• Jul 06, 2019

Despite competent directing and acting, the events of The Guest feel rather pointless.

• May 24, 2019

I was rooting for David all the way through. He seemed like such a nice young man.

• Jan 06, 2019

it was pretty good, i listen to the soundtrack alot and frequently go back to watch it. dan stevens is excellence as an ex military psychopath, his motive is left unclear but i heard from an interview with writer Simon Barrett that the intention was to have the exposition be vauge ( source is the redlettermedia "re-view" of The Guest with SImon Barrett

• Nov 09, 2018

Such an odd film, for 2/3rd's it's a fairly solid thriller. Mysterious figure inserts himself into family setting, all is not what it seems and to be honest it's fairly enjoyable. The last third though is absolutely all over the shop, the film suddenly isn't sure if it's 'The Terminator', 'Jason Bourne' or some dodgy B flick horror and some of the acting just jarringly in scenes is so absurd you nearly burst out laughing. Are they taking this seriously or are some of the actors just taking the piss at points?!

• Oct 31, 2018

I'd put off watching this as I wasn't really interested in the pitch. Mistake. It's great. Although tonally all over the place and getting progressively sillier, it's well acted, well written and it works. Highly recommended.

• Sep 07, 2018

I'm bothering to write a review which I rarely do but in this case I felt compelled cause I think the movie is really bad