The Guest Reviews

• 4d ago

Soooo... 91% in Rotten Tomatoes actually means it's good as Terminator 2, that got 93%?? Amazing!!! The truth is - this movie should've got maybe 10% score, it is that bad. Poorly written script, mediocre actors (except of the two kids), AWFULLY BAD SOUNTRACK although I really like 80s, and by you're half into it you know you're doomed with a movie that is actually a really bad B-Movie. Don't, just Don't.

• Oct 06, 2020

A badass movie this thriller is an absolute blast.

A badass movie this thriller is an absolute blast.

• Sep 10, 2020

Awful, boring, long.

Awful, boring, long.

• Sep 09, 2020

I'm having trouble thinking of a movie I've been more disappointed in. It started with such promise. I finished feeling like they couldn't think of an interesting way to finish it so they borrowed from another movie. I don't mind not knowing what the future holds for a character as a movie ends, but it would be nice to have some insight as to what brought the character to where he is now. It just left me with so many questions but not in a good way.

• Sep 03, 2020

When The Guest was released not too many people knew about it. I was desperate to see it at the time after watching the trailer and seeing the positive reviews. I remember begging an ex girlfriend to go but she wouldn't. So I found it online (not illegally just magically) and boy was I glad I finally saw it. My one regret with this film is I didn't see it on the big screen as it would be perfect for it. The soundtrack is insane and really sets the film apart. The action sequences as well are so fun to watch. Overall The Guest is over the top in some parts of it's performance and also completely understated in others. The first half of the film goes along and a nice slow but thoroughly enjoyable pace then the second part kicks in and everything goes completely Pete Tong. Stevens is fantastic in the lead role. Ladies love him and guys want to be him. He oozes charisma and to this day I'm shocked he hasn't landed more leading man roles. James Bond anyone? Yeah he's that good in this. As a film this completely went under the radar but for me it's a must watch every single year. They really missed a trick not turning this into more than one film as I for one would have loved for the story of David to continue on.

• Aug 24, 2020

Fun movie with a great performance from this Dan Stevens. He pretty much makes the movie work.

• Aug 18, 2020

I can see why the ratings vary from excellent to crappy. I agree the first 2/3 of the movie is a 8 out of 10 then it dips to a stupid 4 out of 10. Too bad that they couldn't write a better finish.

• Aug 14, 2020

Absolutely terrible. Cheesy, dumb, and not scary. The soundtrack is cool and I feel like it could have been good, but the acting and direction they take it is laughable. I was told it was similar to it follows, and it seems like that's what they were trying to go for, but it's not even close to being as good. The fact that it has such high reviews is baffling.

• Aug 05, 2020

Warning: Spoilers. Openly derivative of far-superior films such as The Terminator and Hitchcock's Shadow of a Doubt. Initially, this is fun in a retro way. Dan Stevens is clearly having a fine time pretending to be as clunky an actor as Arnold Schwarzenegger. But the final act is so predictable - it even uses the tired old horror gag of the bad guy not being as dead as he should be - that all the pleasure is dissipated. I fast-forwarded the last thirty minutes.

• Aug 04, 2020