The Guilt Trip - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Guilt Trip Reviews

July 1, 2016
The Guilt Trip is an okay movie. This movie has some laughs and is somewhat entertaining. However, this is not one of Seth Rogen's best movies. I would somewhat suggest this movie.
June 28, 2016
Low key cute movie. Seth Rogen is so bland yet vintage Rogen at the same time. Streisand does well in her role.
June 9, 2016
It's pretty horrible for a comedy because it's not funny at all. But I was surprised at how honest the movie was at describing a mother-son relationship/parent-child relationship. This movie has its moments and character developments. So overall, not too terrible.
½ May 27, 2016
Grade: B. I liked it. 'Twas pretty funny.
April 6, 2016
Well... 'HILARIOUS"... NOT.
½ April 4, 2016
A little funny but had a hard time keeping me watching
March 15, 2016
La unión de Barbra Streisand y Seth Rogen no es lo que uno podría esperar. La historia de un ingeniero químico que se embarca en un largo viaje en auto con su mamá sobreprotectora, no llega a ser la comedia alocada que pudo haber sido el producto de esta mezcla de actores. Sin embargo, la cinta tiene corazón, y Streisand se ve relajada y llega a tener momentos muy cómicos. Curiosamente, Rogen es el personaje serio (!). Recomendada para ver el día de la madre.
February 14, 2016
Incredibly boring I kept waiting for Seth rogen to be funny but it never happened
February 6, 2016
Disappointingly, this just doesn't work.
January 29, 2016
I don't know why this movie got bad reviews. I thought it was so cute and entertaining. Not movie theater worthy but a good renter. Barbara is great!
January 13, 2016
A superbly mediocre and safe comedy; Rogen knows better than this.
½ December 5, 2015
The Guilt Trip is a disappointing film. It is about Andy Brewster who is about to embark on the road trip of a lifetime. Seth Rogen and Barbra Streisand give horrible performances. The script is badly written. Anne Fletcher did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
November 1, 2015
Two of the most unlikely celebs team up for an unexpected & almost touching mother-son relationship story. It's a movie that excels at several things, comedy not being one of them. A film that was advertised as a hilarious laugh-out-loud summer hit - however the laughs are few & far between but for a movie like this, that's ok. The toned down humour actually suited the film better I felt, rather than some outrageous OTT Seth Rogen comedy everyone expected.
½ October 2, 2015
Not the best actress miss Streisand , to play a enoying mother was oke , but me more liked Seth Rogen ...Kind story
½ September 18, 2015
Seth Rogen and Barbra Streisand has good chemistry, and there are some funny moments, but some moments really drag on and make this movie feel longer than 95 minutes B+
September 5, 2015
This was a heartwarming dramedy type movie. It was well cast for sure, but the story is just okay. It was a little dull at times.
½ August 30, 2015
The Guilt Trip has enough charm and heart to act as a good comedy, but watching this more than once seems unlikely.
June 30, 2015
This movie is guilty on the charges of being extremely boring, cringy and unfunny.

The plot revolves around someone who knows of nothing but being a dick and his annoying mother who travel around the US trying to sell some sort of cleaning product for some reason.

Seriously, Seth Rogen's character is a douche to his own mother in this movie. You might as well call this movie "You're going to be bored while watching Seth Rogen act like a dick for 104 minutes of your life which you will never regain".

His mother, however, is annoying... Very annoying... From playing audiobooks about hermaphrodites to making weird rape jokes. Her voice will piss you off, very, very much... This movie doesn't even try to make her look likeable.

The amount of m&m jokes in this movie makes it seem as if they are forcing the product placement.

Well, the one star is for the inclusion of the song 'She's my cherry pie' in a strip club. Maybe it would've gotten another half star if it didn't feature the universe's largest dickhead and Barbara Streisand...
½ June 12, 2015
Not the movie that Paramount promoted. This is an emotionally intelligent film about an aging mother and middle-aged son. One of the best American films I've seen to take an honest, but sensitive glance into the relationship of mothers and sons. This is not a typical Hollywood bathroom humor movie nor is it a typical Streisand or Rogen movie. Even the synopsis is off on this site. Excellent performances and a quietly powerful film that will make you chuckle a few times but more importantly sparks ideas about parent to child and child to parent relationships. This film is grounded in reality. I strongly disagree with the majority of film critics who I normally tend to agree with. It felt like they went to a different movie. See it.