Reviews

• Oct 21, 2021

Tarantino, who I love, at his worst.

Tarantino, who I love, at his worst.

• Sep 17, 2021

A boring production resulting in Tarantinos's worst film, as-well as his only bad film.

• Sep 17, 2021

It's stylish with boring. No, it's more boring than style. 4/10

It's stylish with boring. No, it's more boring than style. 4/10

• Sep 16, 2021

The Hateful Eight is the least successful in Tarantino's repertoire and I don't mean financially. This film just seems to have little to no likeability, and before you say it, I do understand that each character is ‘hateful' but at times it seems quite forced. Though well written and acted, it feels that the shocking moments are put in there simply to shock rather than provide any interest. We have the story of eight characters trapped in a cabin during a snowstorm, the film is Western themed, there is a revenge plot as well a bounty hunter. I really do not think this is a bad film in any regard, and it even feels like the sister film to Reservoir Dogs, but in terms of style and content it feels like a mishmash of things the audience has seen before from the Director, like his greatest hits, rather than a new and original story.

• Sep 09, 2021

Pure Tarantino. More please! I am a little caught on one detail Mr. Tarantino. The artificial spotlights inside of Minnie's is very distracting to me. So much hard work went into authenticity… which is why I have to wonder if this was intentional to add a hint of theater to the ambience? And the mystery continues to unravel…

• Sep 05, 2021

When Oswaldo appeared, I was like "Why this isn't Christoph Waltz. It's him!"...and then something happened. No, but, for real, it was a big surprise. I wasn't expecting something wonderful considering the fact that it is the least beloved Tarantino movie. At the end, I'm screaming at the people saying it is not one of the best Tarantino. It feels so different yet so similar. The characters look like the ones in Django and there is liters of bloody blood. Strange thing: No feet! But it really innovates. It's sort of a "Then, There Were None" except there is so much style, complexity and a so much interesting, stressing atmosphere. I was glued to the screen for 3 hours because of these elements. I mean Ennio Morricone was at his level. The complexity of the storyline is surprisingly rich. Divided in six chapters, I loved the way everything was brang to us. Lots of surprises and twists. The acting is on top. And that's pretty much what I had to say about it.

• Sep 03, 2021

This movie is just great!!! Tell me what is wrong with with this movie and it'll take you a while to find atleast 1 thing. Now Sam L. and Kurt Russel gave a great performance, but Jennifer Jason Leigh was mind- blowing. The cinematography in this movie might just be the best cinematography I have ever seen! Get ready for a lot of dialogue though, but those are the movies I like.

• Aug 30, 2021

I can only imagine this hit 75% with both critics and audience because it's tarantino, so people are fooled. It's so long and mostly boring. A lot of the reviews are criticizing the bloody "payoff"... it's tarantino... of course there's going to be blood. That's not the problem... the problem is, it's a boring snooze. It's nicely shot... that's about it. Or bring it back to an hour and half, you instantly jump two stars. Self indulgent and boring... not a good combo.

• Aug 27, 2021

Too long to be interesting. I don't like westerns enough I guess to be motivated enough to figure out who is lying and telling the truth in real time.

• Aug 24, 2021

The Hateful Eight is a slow burn(lots of talking) with one hell of an ending. This is another well made Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and thats a giant compliment to the film