The Heiresses (Las Herederas) Reviews

• May 22, 2020

This is quite an impressive feature film debut from director Marcelo Martinessi, who I think expertly directs this wonderfully acted film. The Heiresses effortlessly drew me in to its characters and story and I became highly invested by the journey and transition of Chela (a very natural and great performance from first-time actor Ana Brun).

• Jan 04, 2020

There wasn't anything particularly wrong with 'The Heiresses', however it's plodding nature and abrupt end left hubby and wife perplexed. There isn't much on the page in this beautifully shot Paraguayan Spanish language feature, but when there are vocal interactions, for the most part the movie flows. It's thoughtful and has a powerful performance by Ana Brun, in her film debut. There's just something missing as it didn't come together for either of us. There are a couple plot points that aren't fleshed out which were distracting. This isn't a film that holds your hand. There's a lot to interpret and luckily you have plenty of time with no dialogue. Wife: 5.6/Hubby 5.4/ Average Final Score: 5.5/10

• Nov 05, 2019

sorry, i was NOT entertained.

sorry, i was NOT entertained.

• Oct 29, 2019

Like a Chekhov short story told very slowly ... its leverage on your soul leaves a permanent bruise.

• Jul 31, 2019

A wonderful character study and an exceptional performance by Ana Brun.

A wonderful character study and an exceptional performance by Ana Brun.

• Jul 21, 2019

Great performance and description of hidden life

Great performance and description of hidden life

• Jun 09, 2019

The Heiresses (Las herederas) is a 2018 Paraguayan drama film directed by Marcelo Martinessi. I didn't enjoy this slow paced film and found it difficult to connect with the characters or narrative. The lead actress certainly has mastered the vague, emotionless look here, and unfortunately that's how I felt by the end. D & BC

• May 18, 2019

Slow, disjointed, plot hard to follow. A disappointment.

Slow, disjointed, plot hard to follow. A disappointment.

• Apr 07, 2019

Densa y a veces dificil de ver.

Densa y a veces dificil de ver.

• Jan 16, 2019

Simplemente un Trabajo Admirable y Bien Hecho.

Simplemente un Trabajo Admirable y Bien Hecho.