The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 Reviews

June 11, 2017
It's satisfying as it can get, but could have hit harder, or came off memorable.
June 11, 2017
Really good, better than part one.
½ June 11, 2017
A satisfying end to the Hunger Games franchise. Significantly better than Mockingjay Part 1 but rolls off the success of the first two instalments to make a not quite superior but exciting and delightful end to the franchise.
June 10, 2017
Better than the previous one, worse than the second one, at the level of the first one. Prepare for death of many characters, for thrilling and well-paced action and for the underground scene - one of the best scene of the franchise. Overall, it is satisfying ending to one of the best YA series, but with a little too much of patethism, and the epilogue which is just bad... Well, finally, we can see some of those devastating consequences, which were we prepared for the whole previous movie. As I said, great ending - could be better, but it's still more than what I was hoping for.
June 9, 2017
We see once again that splitting a final book into 2 movies is a huge mistake. Mockingjay Part2 is for me a big dissapointment. It has just a few good scenes thats it.
June 1, 2017
2nd best out of all the films and brings franchises best and most emotional action scenes. Best of 2015!
May 29, 2017
Good movie to end on.
May 28, 2017
The decision to drag out the last book into a 2-part movie was a bad one. Every scene seems too long then it should without carrying any emotional weight for the characters. I had issues with some unclear plot lines with the book, and it seems to have translated over to the movie as well.
May 24, 2017
Satisfying ending to a good franchise.
May 21, 2017
Above average movie!! :D
May 18, 2017
A fitting end to Katniss' story, even though it comes with a price. "Mockingjay - Part II" is a dark, depressing tale about war and the consequences of it. J-Law again shines in her role that put her on the spot. She felt real and engaging. The film was also suspenseful and didn't pulled back any punches. Truly a sad, heartbreaking journey for our hero. At least she found peace in the end.
May 12, 2017
A grim, realistic ending to the series that gave exactly what fans wanted. This installment moves quicker than its predecessor and successfully balances action with character development. Great end to the series!
May 11, 2017
The more I watch this movie the more the novelty of it wears off. I do think that Jennifer Lawrence was born to play Katniss, I just feel like these last two movies were missing something.
½ May 7, 2017
That was a freaking awesome ending!
May 5, 2017
Having watched all four movies back to back like how one might binge on a mini series, this is a review of the entire series as a whole.
The first Hunger Games was OK- it was pretty much an expensive version of Fukasaku's Battle Royale (from the year 2000 if I recall correctly). In hindsight it felt like a dress rehearsal for the second instalment.
Catching Fire was a major improvement, with the socio-political elements of the Panem societies explored, and with real suspense and tension in the second half of the film.
Mocking Jay part 1 felt like a couple of 2004 battle star galactica episodes, with a lot of back and forth in political maneuvering through info and propaganda battles. It is an escalation on the world building beyond the televised battle to the death arena.
Mockingjay part 2, was a nice wrap up to the entire series, showing how societies are never as black and white as oppressors and oppressed, good guys and bad guys. In a power struggle of politics and war, nobody really wins.
½ April 17, 2017
I really enjoyed this part. Like I said in my "Mockingjay Part 1" review it seemed this entire book was written to please the fans/didn't know how to end the series/get the biggest react. However part 2 was done extremely well and actually caught my attention unlike part 1.
Which I fell asleep watching, making me have to re-watch it.
April 16, 2017
Well, that was rather disappointing unfortunately. Not that I can say that I am very surprised though. The first installment in the series started off being "okayish" and the rest of them slid downwards towards mediocrity. This, the final installment, is a notch below mediocre as far as I am concerned. I really cannot understand all the hype about these movies. None of them really shines even if you try to look at them as young adult movies which they really are.

This one was downright boring. There were numerous scenes where Katniss or some other character was just dreaming away or sitting around brooding. It took quite a while for anything to start happening in the movie.

When something started happening it was the same mess of political, unbelievably stupid, propaganda, messy and unintelligent fight scenes, Katniss walking around looking, I do not really known, disconcerted, sad, disturbed, whatever.

How the chief villains (yes plural) was one could figure out without too much effort. The moment the flyer came into the picture and started to fly over the refuges and the children not only I but all of my kids as well guessed who had sent it.

There is really only two things that I liked about this movie. One is that Donald Sutherland was really good. The other is the ending which, although being 100% predictable, was quite satisfying. Well, that scene (everyone having seen the movie knows which scene I am referring to) is where I consider the movie to have ended. After that it was only boring filler scenes remaining.
April 8, 2017
A really decent finale to what was eventually a decent series of films.
½ April 5, 2017
May the odds be ever in your favor? This is the ultimate question as everyone gathers to watch Katniss Everdeen fight President Snow in the final chapter of the Hunger Games. With a lot on the line and everything to lose, the mockingjay and her rebel friends take on the most powerful forces possible...but just like the games, nothing is what it seems and loyalty and trust comes with an ultimate price. This film in itself is great with a lot of action and jaw-dropping suspense. However, fans of the books will notice slight differences between the novels and the films and might take offense to how this movie may end. Overall though, the entire movie series is packed with everything someone is looking for in a film (i.e. action, romance, etc...). So sit back and get ready for the ultimate Hunger Games ever because this time you just may win!!!
½ April 4, 2017
Se acaba la historia de Katniss Everdeen, se cierra el ciclo y resulta entretenido y en cierta medida satisfactorio como final para la saga; claro está que nunca se logra el efecto que se consiguió con la primera cinta de esta franquicia, pero está bien para darle closure al tema.