The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 Reviews

½ May 8, 2018
Mildly better than its first part, but still relies on the protagonist whining her way into storylines.
May 3, 2018
Teens stop fighting each other in an arena, hosting a boring and ridiculous civil-war.
Christopher O.
½ April 18, 2018
A satisfying and exciting end to a great film series, it does drag a little bit but I can't complain I wasn't satisfied by the end. the acting is still strong and the characters were well cast. Fantastic cinematography as well. 04-08-2018
April 17, 2018
A satisfying end the series.
½ March 21, 2018
A terrific ending, to a very thought provoking series.
March 11, 2018
with the first part of the mockingjay i stated my opinion as 'enough' however i felt the need to watch this one too and well i don't regret because I like closures but still; enough.
½ February 25, 2018
It's a decent movie with and interesting story, in a dark world. But most of the time it was predictable, except for one or two twists, that where welcomed. It was very slow paced at first, and nothing interesting happened until the first 30 minutes, but after that it picks up, and even gives a satisfying ending to the saga, although it was a little bit cliche it's still bearable. Very well acted directed and every other element of the movie was awesome. Overall it's a pretty good movie with an above average rating. (Watchable)
½ January 30, 2018
Disclaimer, I am unsure whether or not I've seen Part 1 of the Hunger Games Mocking Jay. I'm like 90% sure I have but there at least a 20% chance I haven't.* Nevertheless, I watched the Hunger Games Mocking Jay Part 2 last night and was incredibly underwhelmed. I feel like absolutely nothing happened. For starters, I was super confused by the first few minutes of the movie because either a considerable amount of time has passed since the last movie left off, or again, I didn't see the last movie so it would make sense that parts are missing for me. But that's not why I didn't like the movie, I didn't like it because the storyline just sucked and they tried to hide that with cool weapons and big explosions and that's not enough to win me over! (throw in a couple cheesy jokes though and I'm all in) This movie was so predictable too, every death you could see from a mile away and knew when characters weren't actually in any real danger. At no point was I captivated by this movie. Then the ending came and I think any 5-year-old daughter could have predicted this. This movie came out like 3 years ago so I'm spoiling it. So Katniss is walking up the 2-mile long walkway, which she finishes in 30 seconds and is getting ready to shoot Snow, the evil president. But standing straight behind him on a raised platform is the new soon to be evil president who they didn't realize was evil until now. So what does Katniss do? She raises her bow just slightly and nails her right in the heart. Oh my gosh, who saw that one coming!?!? Literally everyone.
½ January 28, 2018
"Mockingjay Part 1" was an extremely boring movie that just set-up the big finale of "Mockingjay Part 2", and it's boring again. The only redeeming factors for this movie is that Jennifer Lawrence is once again great as Katniss, and the fact that something occasionally happened. The big twist at the end is extremely disappointing and the ending really stretches on to long.
January 15, 2018
I enjoyed the Hunger Games movies overall, but I felt they progressively got a little less interesting with each instalment. I don't know if I tired of it or the novelty/freshness of it wore off for me. 1 & 2 were by far the best films, with 3 & 4, the Mocking Jay additions being more of a confused mish mash of action & drawing out of the love triangle which was never really much of a triangle bc things were always going to go the way they did.
½ December 26, 2017
The perfect way to end the saga and an excellent adaptation of the book. Mockingjay Part 2 is entertaining and exciting.
December 23, 2017
Whilst the depressing and dark tone, Mockingjay Part 2 ends the acclaimd franchise with solid performances, relentless action sequences and a poignant conclusion. Jennifer Lawrence and the rest of the talented cast ends The Hunger Games overall to a successful note.
December 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Mi opinión es la misma que la parte 1, así que concluyo que mas que pensar en el aspecto comercial, deben pensar en hacer una película de calidad, estoy convencido de que si hubieran hecho una sola película de Sinsajo, hubiera sido más intensa y emocionante, y una trilogía hecha a la medida de los libros.
½ December 14, 2017
The bottom line is that I was at the edge of my seat the entire time! Amazing and climatic to its full potential, with cliffhangers and jumpscares, the Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 is beautiful!
December 7, 2017
I have a lot of problems with this movie, particularly the ending. First, I wasn't clear whether Gale constructed the bomb that killed Prim or whether he was the one who came up with the idea of the bombing. If it is the former, then it is ridiculous to blame him for Prim's death. Bombs are created to kill people in war, and he had no idea or way of knowing it would kill someone on his side, much less Katniss's own sister, who he swore to protect. If that is the story line, then I lost all respect for Katniss for sending him away for that reason after all he did for her and sacrificed to protect her family. It would have been much more tolerable if she just told him the truth that she didn't love him the way she loves Peeta and that Peeta represents hope and all that is good in life, whereas Gale is a rebel and a reminder of bad memories of war and the death of her sister. I think she made the right choice because she is a better match with Peeta, but she showed a complete lack of gratitude to Gale for all that he had been through for her. She could have at least had the courage to tell him the truth about her feelings rather than using the excuse of a bomb that he may or may not have built. If, on the other hand, the latter is true (that Gale came up with the idea of the bombing in the first place), then I find that completely out of line with his character. He previously said that he could live with a few civilian casualties if it was for the greater good of destroying the capitol. I can't imagine that he would have ever condoned dropping a bomb deliberately on the refugees, including children, as they walked into the capitol, especially after how we have seen him as a protector of Katniss's family. He would have supported attacking President Snow, and could have lived with some civiilian casualties, but to say that he would concoct an idea to drop bombs on refugees is just totally out of line with who we got to know in the previous movies. Secondly, I thought it was a terrible way to end the movie by having Katniss kill President Coin. If she killed Coin out of fear of her getting too much power, then why didn't she instead vote no on the Hunger Games when she was given the opportunity and then proceed to try to overthrow Coin by legal means rather than by killing? Katniss, who often seems reluctant to kill people of the opposing side because she sees the good in them, determines that killing Coin is the only way to remedy a bad situation? Could she not have stood up to her and organized the people to do a fair election? I like to think she could have at least tried and probably been successful since she has the support and respect of the rebels. Killing Coin was a cowardly and cheap way out, something she didn't have the courage to do to President Snow, who caused her much more harm. And, if she killed her simply to get revenge for Prim, then what kind of leader is she? Is that what the heroine of the story represents - revenge and anger? What she did was premeditated murder because she voted yes on the Hunger Games with a plan in mind all along that she was going to kill Coin rather than Snow. It's so ironic that she was fighting to liberate the people from Snow and yet instead of using the newfound freedom to rise up and select a new leader of their, own she resorted to violence. I find this to be the most disappointing from a character that I thought more of.
November 16, 2017
Overall, entertaining film, but there are very powerful instances which occur in the novelization which are simply glossed over in the film. Lawrence and Hutcherson give very emotional and powerful performances. There are instances where if you hadn't read the book, you will be pleasantly surprised. The pacing of the movie was bad, the storytelling was disorganised as they mulled over very climatic events. Id say this would be the worst out of Hunger Games series.
November 15, 2017
Excelente final, el mejor para la saga. Es una cinta seria y cruda, muestra lo que una guerra puede hacer.
November 11, 2017
While the ending is terrible like in the book. Solid performances and great action sequences redeem the film.
October 16, 2017
This is a slow and tedious movie, way too long and really boring. The only positives are the performances by the already established cast and few of the hunger games style fights sequences on offer, the special effects are sadistically cool. Did enjoy the execution in the end but they had to spoil that too by extending the ending in concluding the love story. Bad end to a mediocre four movie series.
October 8, 2017
This was a very disappointing ending to the series. The action was entertaining and the performances were good but everything else fell flat. For a lot of this movie I was bored and was not satisfied with the ending.

5.7/10