The Incredible Hulk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Incredible Hulk Reviews

Page 1 of 1993
½ June 18, 2017
Though considerably an improvement over the 2003 Hulk movie, The INCREDIBLE HULK does great in violence in addition to audio and visual effects but otherwise this movie has little brain power or speech capabilities much like the Hulk itself and the titular hero otherwise comes out more like a humanoid Godzilla (green skin, angry, loud roar, strong, HATES the military) and so this movie continues to prove that Marvel can't invent as many of their own ideas as can their favorite targets for plagiarism DC and Star Wars.
June 17, 2017
This movie I don't blame for having stale parts. Once again just sort of meh. I give this movie some gruff though because it's the second movie under the MCU cast with an actor who quit the franchise anyway. (kind of glad about that though) Still has great visuals and even though Edward Norton isn't as good as Mark Ruffalo, he does okay like the rest of the cast.
½ June 16, 2017
The Incredible Hulk is fine for what it is. Everybody is great as there character (even though Mark Ruffollo is a better hulk). The hulk looks amazing in this movie, and not CGI garbage like the Ang Lee version. Even though the action is great, it's still very slow and uninteresting.
June 13, 2017
AWESOME MOVIE. That's all I have to say
½ June 12, 2017
This isn't an amazing movie but its still an entertaining movie to watch. This is by far the best solo hulk movie so far and Ed Norton's performance as Bruce Banner is one of the best we've had. As I said overall its not a great movie but its definitely worth watching simply for the fight scenes. The university fight scene is very well done and fun to watch but then the final fight between the Hulk and Abomination is by far the best part. The CGI of the Hulk may not be as good as it is in the Avengers but again its an improvement on what came before.
½ June 11, 2017
Edward Norton is really good in the role, but hulk movies have never been that great. As well I keep forgetting that this movie is a part of the MCU.
June 4, 2017
Great visual effects ! But in the end Tony Stark?? The Iron-man?? I'm curious what is next to come...
June 1, 2017
The Hulk looks like he was rendered on an Xbox.
June 1, 2017
Hulk Is My Fifth Favorite Superhero Of All Time.
½ June 1, 2017
Not particularly bad or good, significantly lesser than the previous Hulk film. The weakest of the marvel studio's output.
½ May 31, 2017
The Incredible Hulk is a viable movie and a key cog in kicking off the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This one, though less tied-in than the other Phase One entries, is a decent experience for the massive, green, rage monster.
½ May 27, 2017
Several parts of this movie come off as distracting. Many of the actors seem to phone-in their performances, with no one really standing out. Edward Norton seems a little miscast, and the resulting Hulk doesn't look like him. The CGI model of the Hulk and the entire final battle scene seem to belong in a video game. The CGI in general is a little jarring, like the muscle lines they try to add to the aging Tim Roth, making you wonder if someone else his age with a better physique could have played his role instead. The Ang Lee version had many problems, but in my opinion Eric Bana looked more like Bruce Banner, and his Hulk counterpart resembled him, not to mention that version of the Hulk looked more realistic. Looking ahead to all the changes Marvel Studios made to future iterations of the Hulk character, this film comes off as irrelevant now.
May 20, 2017
I never knew this movie was in the MCU. And I don't think it is. Decent flick, though.
May 15, 2017
Fun, Exciting, and Entertaining.
May 5, 2017
a gr8 comeback for mr green.. this time around d script is better.. the effects r better.. n d ending leaves u excited and wanting more..! Tim Roth does well too..
May 2, 2017
good movie all movie
½ April 28, 2017
The Incredible Hulk is so bland and really boring, the acting/characters and dialogue are poor, the script/ story is boring, and the music, the visual effects are meh, oh god the sappiest most bland and cliche music is used, but towards the end of the movie, this is were the movie gets kind of good, the hulk fight scene is fricken awesome because this is what we're supposed to see the hulk do, to fight, but this movie uh, it's not bad it's just bland. That's it.
April 26, 2017
There really isn't much to be said about this movie, it's bland in every way. The acting is fine, and there are some awesome Hulk moments, but it's not enough to keep you entertained throughout the whole movie. The CGI is really bad, and there are moments when you're not really sure if you're watching a video game or a movie. Does this movie even have a soundtrack?

Will you be able to sit through this? Probably. But you will never have to watch it again.
April 23, 2017
Hulk Smash! Awesome!
April 18, 2017
The green-headed stepchild of the Marvel universe. So this is about a scientist by the name of Bruce Banner (Edward Norton). He has had an experiment involving gamma radiation done in his past which causes him to change into a green monster when he gets too excited. Will he be able to find a cure, and will he be able to stay two steps ahead of the U.S. Government? I will go ahead and say it: I liked this movie better back in 2008. The Incredible Hulk is not bad, but Marvel has seriously spoiled us over the past decade, and that quality bar has simply been raised. On top of that, this has a disconnected feel to it because they went ahead and tapped out Norton for Mark Ruffalo, so it ends up feeling like its own movie instead of interconnecting to everything else. Apparently, Norton had wanted to do some darker stuff with the character of Banner, like traveling to the Arctic for a suicide attempt. The thing that doesn't hold up all that well in this is actually the acting. These are all good actors, and they have all previously starred in movies that showcase their chops. You can tell that Norton believes in the material, and he has a good chemistry shared with Liv Tyler in the on screen relationship. That said, almost everybody else feels cartoony, like Tim Roth and William Hurt. I don't think they truly realized the extent of what Kevin Feige and Marvel were really doing with their universe building. Roth in particular I feel is really hamming it up, playing a Russian character that they totally just retconned to be raised in England because he didn't feel like doing an accent. Marvel always is given a hard time by everyone for having weak villains, and the Abomination really is one of their lesser rogues in their gallery, even by Marvel standards. Out of all the Marvel movies, this is one of the simpler stories. The other thing that Marvel gets criticized a bunch over is these movies tend to wrap up with a brawl in a city with lots of civilian casualties. They have since fixed that in many of their more recent movies, but The Incredible Hulk is probably the worst from a human life lost standpoint if you are really paying attention to the final brawl. This is one of their lesser movies to be sure, but it was a necessary stepping stone to Marvel finding their legs.
Page 1 of 1993