The Incredible Hulk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Incredible Hulk Reviews

Page 1 of 1993
½ August 15, 2017
Secondo film dell'universo Marvel che però non rende giustizia ad un personaggio così bello ed enigmatico. Il film è piuttosto blando, accademico, pieno di luoghi comuni e personaggi convenzionali. Le scene d'azione sono caotiche e movimentate, con effetti speciali palesemente finti e non all'altezza di altre pellicole dello stesso periodo. Nel complesso un film che non riesce a pareggiare gli standard creati in futuro dalla Marvel, con un risultato scarso e non sufficiente.
August 7, 2017
My high hopes for this movie, in many respects were actually met. Edward Norton was perfect for the role, even if his CGI alter ego still looked, well CGI-ish. The story worked fine but the smash and bash ending, whilst fun to watch was of less interest than most of what preceded it. On the whole though, a good, entertaining movie.
August 5, 2017
It's not quite at the level of "Iron Man" and it is certainly less of a character study and more of an action-driven film, but I still found "The Incredible Hulk" quite enjoyable. I'm a fan of Louis Leterrier's style (he does action really well) and even though the third act is the worst part of the film and basically turns everything into a bunch of loud, incomprehensible digital noises, I enjoyed everything leading up to that point. Edward Norton is a solid Bruce Banner/Hulk and the chemistry Norton and Tyler (always underrated and underappreciated) is quite wonderful. It's fine.
August 4, 2017
It's enjoyable, with a great performance from Ed Nortan
August 2, 2017
Definitely a large step down from the first Marvel movie ("Iron Man"). Edward Norton plays Bruce Banner/The Hulk in this second installment into the Marvel movie Universe. The film does a good job covering the basic origins of The Hulk but doesn't really show us who Bruce Banner really is. It gives the audience a very typical and boring Incredible Hulk storyline (leaves the girl, bad guys come, gets back with the girl, fights bad guy, wins)...sorry for the spoiler but we all know what happens...

Overall just an OK Marvel movie.

Thaddeus Ross is approached by Tony Stark saying a team is being put together.

Stan Lee drinks the contaminated soda bottle.
July 30, 2017
It's rare to have a film whose quality so closely correlates with its runtime. It starts off well; the tortured man on the run draws the viewer in, the way the 'other guy' is filmed like a classic horror monster is inspired, and the way Bruce outsmarts his pursuers is great. It never stops going downhill from there on in, however, as our hero is re-united with his girlfriend, the dull as always Liv Tyler, and pursued by ever more hammy villains it becomes harder and harder to care. Even Banner becomes uninteresting, yes he's meant to remain calm, but it still feels like Norton is rather sleepily navigating himself through the proceedings. With most of the suspense having dissipated we get to the climax where two creations punch each other around for far too long. One of these is a very silly 'anti-Hulk' and both use poor CGI with no feeling of reality to them which result in too little drama or sense of peril for us to root for our indestructible hero.
July 20, 2017
Not a great addition to the MCU, but it's still a satisfying addition, even with a lot of flaws it has.
July 18, 2017
The Incredible Hulk I feel is an under rated movie. It has plenty of action and down time. But it does has some bad things. The bad version of Hulk comes at the last 20 minutes and that's where most of the action is. The climax was also a little boring. And there were other minor details that don't really change the story. Everything else was pretty good though, the Hulk looked real, the story for the most part, and most of the characters. If you are a Marvel fan then you should see this movie.
July 16, 2017
AMAZING. I love this movie. the hulk is a BEAST. great overall movie with a great story, awesome action, INCREDIBLE score. multiple goosebumps scenes. very moving love story. two of his roars gave me super chills. he was scary. I love Edward Norton as Bruce banner. I really wish they kept him in the subsequent movies. This is my favorite pre-avengers marvel movie (5 viewings)
July 15, 2017
It's entertaining enough just for the Hulk action but don't expect anything mind blowing
July 13, 2017
Not bad at all. Ed Norton is awesome and the Hulk fucks shut up. I like the cameo by Lou.
July 12, 2017
I really enjoyed it.
½ July 10, 2017
Amazing power play by Edward Norton, but the superhero only smashes things, and the story is too short-lived
July 9, 2017
I think things one of the most underrated movies of all time.
July 5, 2017
Maybe not the Hulk we deserve, but it nails the mayhem and carnage aspect perfectly.
½ June 24, 2017
Edward Norton is really good in the role, but hulk movies have never been that great. As well I keep forgetting that this movie is a part of the MCU.

6.7/10
½ June 18, 2017
Though considerably an improvement over the 2003 Hulk movie, The INCREDIBLE HULK does great in violence in addition to audio and visual effects but otherwise this movie has little brain power or speech capabilities much like the Hulk itself and the titular hero otherwise comes out more like a humanoid Godzilla (green skin, angry, loud roar, strong, HATES the military) and so this movie continues to prove that Marvel can't invent as many of their own ideas as can their favorite targets for plagiarism DC and Star Wars.
June 17, 2017
This movie I don't blame for having stale parts. Once again just sort of meh. I give this movie some gruff though because it's the second movie under the MCU cast with an actor who quit the franchise anyway. (kind of glad about that though) Still has great visuals and even though Edward Norton isn't as good as Mark Ruffalo, he does okay like the rest of the cast.
½ June 16, 2017
The Incredible Hulk is fine for what it is. Everybody is great as there character (even though Mark Ruffollo is a better hulk). The hulk looks amazing in this movie, and not CGI garbage like the Ang Lee version. Even though the action is great, it's still very slow and uninteresting.
June 13, 2017