The Incredible Hulk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Incredible Hulk Reviews

Page 1 of 1995
½ February 19, 2018
"The Incredible Hulk" is sort of a weak link in the Marvel Universe, but it's also an entertaining ride.
February 18, 2018
good movie
bruce transformation
½ February 17, 2018
The Incredible Hulk has entertaining action but no real compelling story or characters to back it up. Not to mention the terrible love interest in Betty Ross.
February 16, 2018
No es la mejor pelicula de superheroes pero tampoco es la peor tiene algunas escenas buenas de accion pero el guion no permite mas emocion por ver a hulk
½ February 15, 2018
Edward Norton Just isn't Mark Ruffalo. This movie isn't worth a second viewing, easily the worst MCU movie.
February 15, 2018
It was decent. I always enjoy Edward Norton's work. However, Mark Ruffalo's portrayal is much better in my opinion. This movie is definitely skippable compared to other MCU movies, but I thought it was entertaining enough to see at least once.
February 12, 2018
This is the first and only MCU movie that I can safely say it is TERRIBLE!
½ February 11, 2018
The Incredible Hulk is a classic compared to the abomination of movie that Ang Lee made in 2003 with Eric Bana in the lead. Edward Norton seems to lean for the role but he fits the persona of Bruce Banner perfectly. The Hulk also underwent many changes. He became leaner & muscular unlike the baby faced bulky version depicted in the 2003 movie. The movie also has a menacing villain in Blonsky/Abomination. He is a perfect match for the Hulk when it comes to combat & his lust for power & pleasure in destruction is naturally depicted by Roth. Tyler is a let-down as Betty Ross & doesn't have much to offer as well. She is exceptional in one particular scene in the movie when Banner & Betty take a Taxi in downtown New York. The movie also sets up a major Hulk villain in the Leader when Stern played by Blake Nelson is mutated by Banner's blood. All in all The Incredible Hulk is noteworthy attempt at capturing Banner & the Hulk's conflict with one another.
½ February 10, 2018
Overall, not incredible. Boring and out-stretched scenes, unmemorable moments and no character development. It was decent, 54% tops.
February 8, 2018
Why is this not talked about more in the greater MCU lore!!!
February 1, 2018
Terrible jokes and an actor who is not suited to the character earns this movie a 2/5 it's only saving grace is it's interesting fight scenes.
½ January 28, 2018
It is a much more exciting film and has a lot more explosions and punching and kicking and shouting and smashing than Ang Lee's version. Louis Leterrier does action really well and Edward Norton and Liv Tyler are both very likable screen presence. And yet, I found myself bored around halfway through the film.

If someone can take the cerebral aspect of 2003 version, add the kind of kinetic energy that this film has, and create a decent narrative based on its source material, I think this could turn into a pretty solid comic book movie.

Not terrible. It's just too ordinary and plays too safe.
January 26, 2018
Edward Norton is really good in the role, but hulk movies have never been that great. As well I keep forgetting that this movie is a part of the MCU.

6.3/10
January 24, 2018
It is my least favourite MCU movie, but it has enough action to stop the film becoming the MCU's first really awful movie. I feel like it gets too much hate because the only reason that is, is because it stars Edward Norton and not Mark Ruffalo, therefore making it the most forgettable MCU movie.
½ January 24, 2018
Maybe one of the weaker MCU movies, but I think it is a pretty entertaining movie.
½ January 23, 2018
Louis Leterrier molds this comic-book adaptation into a radioactive combustion of excitement and action. The flow and plot, though common, was solid with the help of its performers. This remake fills holes on most of the major damages of this franchises' past adaptations. 3.6/5
½ January 23, 2018
Pleasantly surprised with this MCU #2 film which I'd skipped the first time around, as I'm not a big Hulk fan. However, Ed Norton nails the mild-manered nerd thing, and girlfriend Liv Tyler is delightful (she'll always be an Elf to me). I didn't care much for Mr. Orange's big-bad though.
January 21, 2018
i remeber watching in cinemas i liked it then and i do now
January 20, 2018
After the great Iron Man 1 I thought this would be another smashing hit but I was wrong. This movie is more like Ang Lee's Hulk than a spin off from this year's Iron Man. Edward Norton was extremely miscast. We spend the whole movie watching Bruce Banner not want to turn into the Hulk when all we want is for him to go green. The relationship between him and Betty Ross is ten times worst than the one between Stark and Pepper Potts.Tim Roth's character is terrible before he turns into the Abomination and when he does he is still not menacing at all. Thunderbolt Ross is just stupid and Samuel Sterns is a bumbling idiot. The only potential in his character is if he eventually did turn into The Leader but frankly the MCU is better of without him. At least Modern Family's Ty Burrell is in this movie. The CGI is good and the action is good. The battle between Hulk and Abomination is easily the best scene in the movie. Though this movie has barely any action, what it has is good. Overall this movie is okay but I cannot really recommend it since it barely connects to the MCU. Thumbs down.
January 15, 2018
After the cheesy "Hulk" that was released five years prior, this reboot is a smashing improvement with the right treatment that includes spectacle-leveled action and effects. Its soul was given an attempted creativity on being a monster a film that focuses on human drama and understanding the emotions surrounding the mythological roots upon approaching the subject, even though the narrative structure is the most unmemorable of the shared franchise. The creative approach differs from its connected predecessor "Iron Man", but it's also a great independent addition that still creates the excitement to the descriptive title. (A-)

(Full review TBD)