The Incredible Hulk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Incredible Hulk Reviews

Page 1 of 1992
May 20, 2017
I never knew this movie was in the MCU. And I don't think it is. Decent flick, though.
May 15, 2017
Fun, Exciting, and Entertaining.
May 5, 2017
a gr8 comeback for mr green.. this time around d script is better.. the effects r better.. n d ending leaves u excited and wanting more..! Tim Roth does well too..
May 2, 2017
good movie all movie
½ April 28, 2017
The Incredible Hulk is so bland and really boring, the acting/characters and dialogue are poor, the script/ story is boring, and the music, the visual effects are meh, oh god the sappiest most bland and cliche music is used, but towards the end of the movie, this is were the movie gets kind of good, the hulk fight scene is fricken awesome because this is what we're supposed to see the hulk do, to fight, but this movie uh, it's not bad it's just bland. That's it.
April 26, 2017
There really isn't much to be said about this movie, it's bland in every way. The acting is fine, and there are some awesome Hulk moments, but it's not enough to keep you entertained throughout the whole movie. The CGI is really bad, and there are moments when you're not really sure if you're watching a video game or a movie. Does this movie even have a soundtrack?

Will you be able to sit through this? Probably. But you will never have to watch it again.
April 23, 2017
Hulk Smash! Awesome!
April 18, 2017
The green-headed stepchild of the Marvel universe. So this is about a scientist by the name of Bruce Banner (Edward Norton). He has had an experiment involving gamma radiation done in his past which causes him to change into a green monster when he gets too excited. Will he be able to find a cure, and will he be able to stay two steps ahead of the U.S. Government? I will go ahead and say it: I liked this movie better back in 2008. The Incredible Hulk is not bad, but Marvel has seriously spoiled us over the past decade, and that quality bar has simply been raised. On top of that, this has a disconnected feel to it because they went ahead and tapped out Norton for Mark Ruffalo, so it ends up feeling like its own movie instead of interconnecting to everything else. Apparently, Norton had wanted to do some darker stuff with the character of Banner, like traveling to the Arctic for a suicide attempt. The thing that doesn't hold up all that well in this is actually the acting. These are all good actors, and they have all previously starred in movies that showcase their chops. You can tell that Norton believes in the material, and he has a good chemistry shared with Liv Tyler in the on screen relationship. That said, almost everybody else feels cartoony, like Tim Roth and William Hurt. I don't think they truly realized the extent of what Kevin Feige and Marvel were really doing with their universe building. Roth in particular I feel is really hamming it up, playing a Russian character that they totally just retconned to be raised in England because he didn't feel like doing an accent. Marvel always is given a hard time by everyone for having weak villains, and the Abomination really is one of their lesser rogues in their gallery, even by Marvel standards. Out of all the Marvel movies, this is one of the simpler stories. The other thing that Marvel gets criticized a bunch over is these movies tend to wrap up with a brawl in a city with lots of civilian casualties. They have since fixed that in many of their more recent movies, but The Incredible Hulk is probably the worst from a human life lost standpoint if you are really paying attention to the final brawl. This is one of their lesser movies to be sure, but it was a necessary stepping stone to Marvel finding their legs.
April 14, 2017
My high hopes for this movie, in many respects were rewarded. Edward Norton was perfect for the role, even if his CGI alter ego still looked, well CGI-ish. The story worked fine but the smash and bash ending, whilst fun to watch was of less interest than most of what preceded it. On the whole though, a good, entertaining movie.
½ March 20, 2017
The Incredibly Mediocre Hulk.
March 18, 2017
Where do I start with this film. Itīs more of drama than an action film for me personally. I think they should have had more of The Hulk but I get why they didnīt g through this path It has more character development but it could have used more action. Edward Norton was great as Bruce Banner.
March 18, 2017
Underrated. This smashing hit shows what marvel is about! My Score: 81%
½ March 14, 2017
It's so underrated. Has a lot of great moments.
½ March 5, 2017
I really like the action
March 4, 2017
Immensely better than Ang Lee's Hulk, but that's still not really saying much.
½ March 3, 2017
For the 2nd MCU outing, this isn't a bad viewing.
February 26, 2017
This movie wasn't bad, but the cliched plot points and cheesy script take away from the epic action.
February 22, 2017
People say that Ang Lee's "Hulk" (2003) was too "artsy" and "slow". This time around, it's just slow.

Edward Norton, while a good actor, does not make for a good Bruce Banner. To me, it feels out of place having a high calibur actor like that play a role like this. The casting all around was odd, with the talented likes of Tim Blake Nelson, William Hurt & Tim Roth. Liv Tyler was slowly on her way out of stardom at this point, and her acting contributes nothing to the story.

The special effects feel outdated, and the movies not even 10 years old. The Hulk went from looking kind of soft with vibrant coloring (2003) to dark coloring and intense details on his physical attributes, making him look more sickly then threatening.

Overall, there's nothing new here. It's definitely one of the low points in the MCU and even as a Hulk fan, there's just not much there.
February 6, 2017
It's good movie to watch
February 4, 2017
Everything I wanted in a Hulk movie and so much more! :)
Page 1 of 1992