The Incredible Hulk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Incredible Hulk Reviews

Page 1 of 1993
September 23, 2017
The story is not perfect but is still enjoyable an the characters aren't great but give props to Edward Norton as Bruce Banner/The Hulk.
September 22, 2017
abbiamo quindi stresses se l seperienza e voluto e ci dà la sensazione di dominare l ambiente e quando faccio 200 metri di corsa nel parco vicino a casa perché ho deciso da fare dell sesrcizio
½ September 18, 2017
didn't work ed Norton being a diva
September 15, 2017
Hulk smashed this movie.
September 8, 2017
Also known as (in my head, anyway) the "forgotten" Marvel Cinematic Universe film. One couldn't be blamed for forgetting its connection to the franchise, with more subtle references to S.H.I.E.L.D., Stark Industries, and the super-solider program (though the cameo at the end by a certain high-profile MCU actor should serve as a reminder). It wouldn't be another eight years until a non-Hulk character (William Hurt's Thunderbolt Ross) reappeared in the franchise. However, none of that is the fault of the movie, as the MCU was still fledgling at the time. While the film is entertaining, there is nothing special about it per se. Edward Norton gives a good performance in his only go-around as Bruce Banner, but not necessarily a memorable one. His rekindled relationship with Liv Tyler's Betty Ross, however, occurs almost abruptly. This is obviously not the fault of the actors, as it is more of an odd plot point. Though released just over a month after its MCU predecessor Iron Man, the CGI, though not awful by any means, almost seems like a step down. A positive should go to the choice to cover the Hulk's origin quickly during the opening credits, as fans and the audience were well familiar with the story from Ang Lee's Hulk, the 1970s/80s Incredible Hulk TV series, and numerous cartoons. Despite the aforementioned flaws, the film remains entertaining as a comic book movie and a modern-day monster movie. I would still undoubtedly recommend it to anyone wishing to dive headlong into the MCU. However, should a person wish to only hit the major points/the best of the franchise, they should probably skip The Incredible Hulk.
September 7, 2017
The Incredible Hulk was serviceable, but its final act was worth a rewatch.
September 7, 2017
Good movie in the MCU. It could have been better but it was difficult to write for Hulk in my opinion. They are doing a good job for him now. Hope they try and make a solo movie for him again.
September 6, 2017
Although there are movies with worse CGI throughout, this one strikes me as not one that's good. The plot and storyline goes along nicely, and I liked the idea that even the biggest and baddest have some kind of heart. However it didn't hit home as well as Iron Man (2008) did. The characters were acted okayish I guess, but because of the lack of true acting, and the disgustingly had CGI, this gets a 6/10
September 5, 2017
I think it's a crime the 2003 "Hulk" has basicly the same rate that the 2008 remake has one Rotten Tomatoes. The first one is one of the most boring super hero movies I've seen. The 2008 version, "The Incredible Hulk", is much better that the first version, even not being 100% good. While this movie studies Tim Roth's character's paranoia and addiction, it works very well. While he develops Bruce Banner's personality, it works very well too. The action scenes and the "Hulk smashing" are brutal and badass, but little problems like the messy CGI, the slightly shaky cam and some exposition didn't allow "The Incredible Hulk" to be perfect.
August 22, 2017
A severely underrated film.
August 20, 2017
I barely remember anything about this movie. Somebody said Tony Stark makes an appearance in this movie and I said "Really?"
½ August 15, 2017
Secondo film dell'universo Marvel che però non rende giustizia ad un personaggio così bello ed enigmatico. Il film è piuttosto blando, accademico, pieno di luoghi comuni e personaggi convenzionali. Le scene d'azione sono caotiche e movimentate, con effetti speciali palesemente finti e non all'altezza di altre pellicole dello stesso periodo. Nel complesso un film che non riesce a pareggiare gli standard creati in futuro dalla Marvel, con un risultato scarso e non sufficiente.
August 7, 2017
My high hopes for this movie, in many respects were actually met. Edward Norton was perfect for the role, even if his CGI alter ego still looked, well CGI-ish. The story worked fine but the smash and bash ending, whilst fun to watch was of less interest than most of what preceded it. On the whole though, a good, entertaining movie.
August 5, 2017
It's not quite at the level of "Iron Man" and it is certainly less of a character study and more of an action-driven film, but I still found "The Incredible Hulk" quite enjoyable. I'm a fan of Louis Leterrier's style (he does action really well) and even though the third act is the worst part of the film and basically turns everything into a bunch of loud, incomprehensible digital noises, I enjoyed everything leading up to that point. Edward Norton is a solid Bruce Banner/Hulk and the chemistry Norton and Tyler (always underrated and underappreciated) is quite wonderful. It's fine.
August 4, 2017
It's enjoyable, with a great performance from Ed Nortan
August 2, 2017
Definitely a large step down from the first Marvel movie ("Iron Man"). Edward Norton plays Bruce Banner/The Hulk in this second installment into the Marvel movie Universe. The film does a good job covering the basic origins of The Hulk but doesn't really show us who Bruce Banner really is. It gives the audience a very typical and boring Incredible Hulk storyline (leaves the girl, bad guys come, gets back with the girl, fights bad guy, wins)...sorry for the spoiler but we all know what happens...

Overall just an OK Marvel movie.

Thaddeus Ross is approached by Tony Stark saying a team is being put together.

Stan Lee drinks the contaminated soda bottle.
July 30, 2017
It's rare to have a film whose quality so closely correlates with its runtime. It starts off well; the tortured man on the run draws the viewer in, the way the 'other guy' is filmed like a classic horror monster is inspired, and the way Bruce outsmarts his pursuers is great. It never stops going downhill from there on in, however, as our hero is re-united with his girlfriend, the dull as always Liv Tyler, and pursued by ever more hammy villains it becomes harder and harder to care. Even Banner becomes uninteresting, yes he's meant to remain calm, but it still feels like Norton is rather sleepily navigating himself through the proceedings. With most of the suspense having dissipated we get to the climax where two creations punch each other around for far too long. One of these is a very silly 'anti-Hulk' and both use poor CGI with no feeling of reality to them which result in too little drama or sense of peril for us to root for our indestructible hero.
July 20, 2017
Not a great addition to the MCU, but it's still a satisfying addition, even with a lot of flaws it has.
July 18, 2017
The Incredible Hulk I feel is an under rated movie. It has plenty of action and down time. But it does has some bad things. The bad version of Hulk comes at the last 20 minutes and that's where most of the action is. The climax was also a little boring. And there were other minor details that don't really change the story. Everything else was pretty good though, the Hulk looked real, the story for the most part, and most of the characters. If you are a Marvel fan then you should see this movie.
July 16, 2017
AMAZING. I love this movie. the hulk is a BEAST. great overall movie with a great story, awesome action, INCREDIBLE score. multiple goosebumps scenes. very moving love story. two of his roars gave me super chills. he was scary. I love Edward Norton as Bruce banner. I really wish they kept him in the subsequent movies. This is my favorite pre-avengers marvel movie (5 viewings)
Page 1 of 1993