The Innkeepers Reviews

• Mar 12, 2019

I hated 'House of the Devil' so not sure what I was thinking watching this. In that first film Ti West spent the whole time going 'oooh look I can make it look like an 80's movie'. In this one he spends the whole time going 'ooh look I can make this like a Kevin Smith film, except it's horror'. Both of those things are terrible, terrible ideas.

• Mar 10, 2019

Every critic that rated this “Fresh” should lose their right to rate movies.

Every critic that rated this “Fresh” should lose their right to rate movies.

• Feb 17, 2019

I thought it was really good. I like a good ghost story and I also like humor thrown in. Claire is extremely likeable and I thought the movie did a good job of pacing itself. That is the point of a ghost story and that is what this is. The ending felt rushed and a little disappointing but overall really good. Can't say enough afbout Sara Paxton.

• Jan 26, 2019

The main problem with this movie had to be "Claire". I have never experienced such an annoying, immature character in a long time. Not the best ghost movie, I fast forwarded through most of it.

• Jan 25, 2019

Nicely atmospheric but ultimately not enough payoff. The other main problem was the poor acting from the female lead, in that she was completely unconvincing at imparting genuine fear: if the character doesn't seem particularly scared by what should be gut-wrenching terrifying events, it's hard for the audience to be either.

• Oct 16, 2018

This was possibly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. An hour and 40 minutes where almost absolutely nothing happens. The parts, that I'm assuming were suppose to be scary, just made me laugh. The acting was not so great either. I wish I had done almost anything else but watch this movie.

• Sep 01, 2018

It was the perfect mesh between comidic and scary. It was very suspenseful and left you in shock

• Aug 27, 2018

I have watched hundreds of horror movies and most of the time I am bored more than scared. This movie at the end had me pausing it to get my composure. I truly felt fear! If you have patience and don’t mind it’s a little strange at parts the ending is your payoff! Fully enjoyed it!

• Aug 11, 2018

While the pay off may disappoint some, The Innkeepers keeps afloat by great chemistry between the two stars, it's old school approach, and some moments of hair raising tension, making this spooky outing by Ti West a worthy throw back to the old school haunted house (or hotel) genre.

• Jul 26, 2018

Ti West is obviously a horror connoisseur. We could definitely see his taste and love for the genre in his House of the Devil (2009). But his take on the supernatural is pretty disappointing. For a B-movie, the actors are actually quite convincing, but they unfortunately portray a couple of boring ass characters. The musical score is also eerie, I'll had them that, and the film does have some tense and creepy ass moments, but the main problem with this movie is that it's very uneven, most of it is too slow burning and boring. I've seen other supernatural psychological flicks, like The Others (2001), Insidious (2010) or The Woman in Black (2012) and they were scary. But I wasn't very impressed with this pic...