The Irishman Reviews

• 10h ago

great film! thanks Martin Scorsese.

great film! thanks Martin Scorsese.

• 17h ago

I cannot understand the love Al Pacino is getting for this film. He seemed out of place with his character acting like a cartoon version of himself. This works great in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood but not here. Of course the rest of the cast were great. This movie was too long and boring. I had no interest in learning about Hoffa and Scorcese failed to grab my attention.

• 1d ago

"The Irishman" a contemplative and enriching 3-hour 30-minute crime saga that stars a trio of mob movie legends. The film marks Scorsese's return to the gangster milieu and his first collaboration with De Niro in decades. Yet the director does not merely rehash the genre, and instead remains as innovative and stimulating as he was in his heyday. Though "The Irishman" is very clearly a Scorsese film, it is not as manic as "Goodfellas" or opulent as "Casino." Not much screen time is devoted to Frank's bloody business. When Frank has to kill, it is swift and simplistic. It is not heavily glorified or stylized and instead comes off as shameful. The majority of the film's screen time is devoted to everyday Mafia conversation, although it is never mundane. The film's sprawling narrative flashes back to Frank and Russell's first meeting, and at times forward to the nursing home until these storylines converge. Traditional cinematic rules, such as flashbacks within flashbacks and conventional concepts of structure and pacing are ignored. But these various times and locations never become jumbled.

• 2d ago

Martin Scorsese will always have it in him. I love The Irishman, Robert Di Niero, Al Pacino and Joe Pecci just to name a few are so good and you can tell they really like this movie. The cinematography is wonderful, the story is one of my favourite stories and can't stop thinking how well the movie is. The movie is long but it is much needed for this movie

• 2d ago

It's a competently made movie. The script, pacing, production design, performances, etc are all well done. Deftly directed of course by Scorcese. But, it just doesn't resonate with me, the running time doesn't help either.

• 3d ago

I don't know what the hype was about, same old gangster movie but longer and boring.

SO LONG....SO BORING!!!!!!!

SO LONG....SO BORING!!!!!!!

• 3d ago

Not worth watching, just wasn't good and the shooting scenes just weren't that good.

• 3d ago

Despite the formidable works of these reputable filmmakers, and although commendable for its pulchritudinous cinematography, The Irishman fails to deliver anything more than melatonin.

• 4d ago

its a super movie as i expect from this amazing crew and one of the best directors for me