The Number 23 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Number 23 Reviews

February 17, 2017
A movie that's underrated but worth a watch
½ February 17, 2017
Hard to follow, completely falls on it's face near the end. Terrible......
February 11, 2017
Not a fitting movie for Jim Carrey at all. Too dark and bewildering. It doesn't really make sense and is not worth the while. (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
January 2, 2017
Decent movie. Even if it takes itself way too seriously in moments and features a muddled story, the film still has a decent enough premise, intriguing story elements, stylish direction and an okay performance from Carey to be forgivably watchable.
December 14, 2016
I rated the film higher years ago, but now I see it a little too darkly and of course already knew the ending. Certainly one of Carrey's flip side films, worthy of a watch
½ November 26, 2016
11/26/2016: Meh. A good cast and a somewhat interesting story, but it was pretty dull.
November 2, 2016
One of the best scary movies and coming from Jim Carrey is just amazing. if you want to be scared of your soul, then this is a must watch.
September 21, 2016
an odd movie to find carrey in but a welcome change too. good film
August 16, 2016
It's actually really good movie. This review is totally wrong.
½ August 1, 2016
It's hard to take Carrey seriously. I really didn't mind it though. A cool idea.
½ July 25, 2016
Embarrassing, feel like it's mocking itself
½ July 22, 2016
Really confusing movie. Just a very, very, confusing movie. I often found myself daydreaming or dozing off in the movie, which is not a good sign. It's a bust for me.
jamrcla
July 20, 2016
Jim Carrey in a thriller about having an obsession with a number doesn't sound great and most critics thought that but I didn't think it was that bad it was a very hard film to watch as most of the time you're trying to keep up with the plot and adding those bloody numbers up to 23 you start to feel obsessed with 23 yourself, The film has a great plot some nice twists some were predictable and the ending should of been better but it kept me guessing how it's all connected and Jim Carrey does well in adding to the suspense and I think it deserved more credit than it got, It's a movie you can only watch once but it's also a movie that is worth watching the once.
July 5, 2016
If you dont do some stuff with the number 23 afte this movie, you're not human.
½ June 24, 2016
Freaky is an understatement.
May 2, 2016
Worth watching for Jim Carrey's dramatic performance. Incredibly well produced. The story? Depends on your personal taste. Some people will love all the hidden meanings and fatalism of the numbers (numerologists?), but even if you're not into the character's obsession, the mood of the piece will carry you along. For a plot that depends on the logic of numbers though, it is highly irrational!
March 31, 2016
love this movie don't get all the hate it gets. Jim Carey is brilliant in it
½ March 25, 2016
Great movie that kept me watching it from the very first moment. Awesome plot twist!
March 13, 2016
I love this movie! My friends and I talked about it for weeks! And we still do sometimes...
February 12, 2016
Meh. Carrey can do serious but this borders on ridiculous. And nonsensical.