The Number 23 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Number 23 Reviews

½ July 25, 2016
Embarrassing, feel like it's mocking itself
½ July 22, 2016
Really confusing movie. Just a very, very, confusing movie. I often found myself daydreaming or dozing off in the movie, which is not a good sign. It's a bust for me.
July 20, 2016
Jim Carrey in a thriller about having an obsession with a number doesn't sound great and most critics thought that but I didn't think it was that bad it was a very hard film to watch as most of the time you're trying to keep up with the plot and adding those bloody numbers up to 23 you start to feel obsessed with 23 yourself, The film has a great plot some nice twists some were predictable and the ending should of been better but it kept me guessing how it's all connected and Jim Carrey does well in adding to the suspense and I think it deserved more credit than it got, It's a movie you can only watch once but it's also a movie that is worth watching the once.
July 5, 2016
If you dont do some stuff with the number 23 afte this movie, you're not human.
½ June 24, 2016
Freaky is an understatement.
May 2, 2016
Worth watching for Jim Carrey's dramatic performance. Incredibly well produced. The story? Depends on your personal taste. Some people will love all the hidden meanings and fatalism of the numbers (numerologists?), but even if you're not into the character's obsession, the mood of the piece will carry you along. For a plot that depends on the logic of numbers though, it is highly irrational!
March 31, 2016
love this movie don't get all the hate it gets. Jim Carey is brilliant in it
½ March 25, 2016
Great movie that kept me watching it from the very first moment. Awesome plot twist!
March 13, 2016
I love this movie! My friends and I talked about it for weeks! And we still do sometimes...
February 12, 2016
Meh. Carrey can do serious but this borders on ridiculous. And nonsensical.
½ February 3, 2016
The number 23 is such a ridiculous and stupid horror thriller that's built entirely upon it's constant dark tone, silly emphasis on the titular number and the will to break star Jim Carrey's comedic image in such a forced and torpid way that one should feel less thrilled and more frustrated or snickering at it's absurdity.
½ January 31, 2016
In the top ten of worst movies I have ever seen. The acting is laughable. The plot is nonsense.Cringe worthy performances. Avoid at all costs.
½ January 3, 2016
Jim Carrey doesn't believe in vaccinations. He and his movies are idiotic
½ December 5, 2015
This movie was a mess with the plot all over the place and most of the time not making any sens. However I felt that Jim Carrey was good in his role and that's the only good thing about this movie.
October 13, 2015
Interesting concept poor execution.
½ October 8, 2015
This wasn't the best thriller, but it doesn't deserve as low of a score as 8%. It was well written, and though 'the numbers don't add up' it was well executed to keep you guessing throughout and a generally satisfying ending.
October 5, 2015
Fue interesante para mi ver a Jim Carrey en un rol serio.
Robert B.
October 5, 2015
It was difficult to tell if the Number 23 was an intentional joke or no. After the first hour I thought it was intentional spoof of the genre and came off as odd, but mildly interesting on account of the oddness. Then the film appears to become more serious as a mystery / thriller before making a strange turn at the end. If it was some intended cleverness, it was too clever for me, and if not then it was not clever enough.
October 5, 2015
This is one I'm sure Carrey wishes we'd forget.
August 27, 2015
It's supposed to creep you out, but it's awkward if anything.