The Numbers Station - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Numbers Station Reviews

½ April 27, 2017
Middle of the road- competently made with good performances from the two leads. Interesting enough concept not fully realized. Limited sets and actors, not a bad film but not a great one either. Rental.
February 7, 2017
A serviceable action thriller.
½ December 14, 2016
When one's professional ethics were tested.

The idea for a film seems good, but it did not work out for this film. The screenplay lacks some good scenes. The suspense was weaker and so the action sequences. Though the film had good actors in the lead and visually looked fine, like the locations. Most of the story was set in a single location, except the opening sequence. Almost a minimal cast film. So it had all the qualities to succeed if the plot was developed smartly.

The story of a CIA's field agent who has been assigned to one of their remote stations in England after he had failed to obey the order from his fellow senior officer. A code operator Katherine, whom he has to protect find himself in a tight position when their building was breached. Once again, his professional ethics are tested, but how he deals the situation is what covered in the remaining parts.

Its most certain that John Cusack days are over in the entertainment industry, just like Nicolas Cage and John Travolta. But it's good to see them at least in small flicks like this. So I did not expect much from it, hence not got disappointed. But I thought it should have been better in a few areas, because I've seen lots of good B movies these days. One time watchable film, but looks like it is a simplified version of 'Wanted'.

5/10
½ September 3, 2016
Just about worthwhile as a conspiracy thriller. It's a relic from the cold war era without referring to it.
August 4, 2016
It had a unique idea for a movie and was actually very violent and gritty. However the plot was very slow and nothing much happened and it was very predictable.
June 1, 2016
Oh dear John, oh dear.
March 25, 2016
I'm not entirely sure how to feel abou this really. Had the basic tenets of a mediocre thriller.....conspiracy theory...check. some sort of agent with am attitude problem, check. hot blonde who somehow has a very important and secret job, check. bunch of bad guys, check. story...uncheck
I understood the basic idea of what it was.about but it wasn't gripping, in fact it was sort of boring
it wasn't bad.but it wasn't great either, I expected more.from Cusack
½ March 3, 2016
Good, tense low-budget spy film. It's in the realistic tradition of John LeCarre (The Spy Who Came In From the Cold), not of Ian Fleming's Bond films, so there are a lot of filmgoers who find this disappointing. It's not sensational enough for them.
½ February 20, 2016
This is definition of an average movie. Just enough to keep you invested but not enough to be considered great.
December 9, 2015
It wasn't great nor awful. It fell somewhere in between.
½ December 1, 2015
More of a piece that looks at the value of human life through the lens of an action film. A nice change from the shoot'em up bloodthirsty fare that now passes for entertainment.
½ September 12, 2015
Predictable okay, but very watchable and it was enjoyable and better then average from whats getting popped out these days.
August 1, 2015
I can only imagine that on paper this seemed like a good idea. In reality not even John Cusack could save it !! Distinctly average and if it wasn't for Cusack it would have been 1 star.
June 21, 2015
Unusual action thriller set in a comunication station. The particularity is that is nearly a two-actors movie. It's enough fun if you do not have nothing better to do.
June 10, 2015
Bland covert mission thriller which doesn't deliver much excitement. Main plot is murky and undefined. We have no stake in the assignment's success. Bad guys are not well identified. Main characters are intriguing but poorly developed. John Cusack is always a pleasure to watch.
May 22, 2015
Good movie to see. You won't regret it
½ May 19, 2015
I really enjoyed this movie. I thought the story line was interesting and that it was well fairly well directed. Both John Cusack and Malin Ackerman has good acting performances and good chemistry.
½ April 19, 2015
Good acting and actors, worthless script.
April 18, 2015
2015-04-18 pretty good suspense, not too scary. but hard to call the 15 broadcasts to be stopped 'innocent lives' as the synopsis here does..
½ March 5, 2015
It has a few decent action scenes, and a talented cast, but its quite forgettable.