The Numbers Station Reviews

• May 15, 2018

An action thriller so badly done that you can't tell whether they filmed a completely different story, but then attempted to edit the footage to tell this one, or if they just didn't care that everything is disjointed and contradictory. A shame, because clearly there was talent involved, just sad it was overwhelmed. Could have been good.

• Feb 01, 2018

This is a low budget, limited script, straight to VHS if it was the '90s type of movie, but I can't help watching it with a sense that this is the flip side to Grosse Pointe Blank... Cusack is Emerson, who seems to be the inevitable persona that Martin Blank would have found himself if he hadn't decided to 'get out of the biz' back in '97... bleak, run down, unemotional and failing. Through that lens, I absolutely love this movie.

• Apr 27, 2017

Middle of the road- competently made with good performances from the two leads. Interesting enough concept not fully realized. Limited sets and actors, not a bad film but not a great one either. Rental.

• Feb 07, 2017

A serviceable action thriller.

A serviceable action thriller.

• Dec 14, 2016

When one's professional ethics were tested. The idea for a film seems good, but it did not work out for this film. The screenplay lacks some good scenes. The suspense was weaker and so the action sequences. Though the film had good actors in the lead and visually looked fine, like the locations. Most of the story was set in a single location, except the opening sequence. Almost a minimal cast film. So it had all the qualities to succeed if the plot was developed smartly. The story of a CIA's field agent who has been assigned to one of their remote stations in England after he had failed to obey the order from his fellow senior officer. A code operator Katherine, whom he has to protect find himself in a tight position when their building was breached. Once again, his professional ethics are tested, but how he deals the situation is what covered in the remaining parts. Its most certain that John Cusack days are over in the entertainment industry, just like Nicolas Cage and John Travolta. But it's good to see them at least in small flicks like this. So I did not expect much from it, hence not got disappointed. But I thought it should have been better in a few areas, because I've seen lots of good B movies these days. One time watchable film, but looks like it is a simplified version of 'Wanted'. 5/10

• Sep 03, 2016

Just about worthwhile as a conspiracy thriller. It's a relic from the cold war era without referring to it.

• Jun 01, 2016

Oh dear John, oh dear.

Oh dear John, oh dear.

• Mar 25, 2016

I'm not entirely sure how to feel abou this really. Had the basic tenets of a mediocre thriller.....conspiracy theory...check. some sort of agent with am attitude problem, check. hot blonde who somehow has a very important and secret job, check. bunch of bad guys, check. story...uncheck I understood the basic idea of what it was.about but it wasn't gripping, in fact it was sort of boring it wasn't bad.but it wasn't great either, I expected more.from Cusack

• Mar 03, 2016

Good, tense low-budget spy film. It's in the realistic tradition of John LeCarre (The Spy Who Came In From the Cold), not of Ian Fleming's Bond films, so there are a lot of filmgoers who find this disappointing. It's not sensational enough for them.

• Feb 20, 2016

This is definition of an average movie. Just enough to keep you invested but not enough to be considered great.