The Numbers Station - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Numbers Station Reviews

June 1, 2016
Oh dear John, oh dear.
March 25, 2016
I'm not entirely sure how to feel abou this really. Had the basic tenets of a mediocre thriller.....conspiracy theory...check. some sort of agent with am attitude problem, check. hot blonde who somehow has a very important and secret job, check. bunch of bad guys, check. story...uncheck
I understood the basic idea of what it was.about but it wasn't gripping, in fact it was sort of boring
it wasn't bad.but it wasn't great either, I expected more.from Cusack
Hal
½ March 3, 2016
Good, tense low-budget spy film. It's in the realistic tradition of John LeCarre (The Spy Who Came In From the Cold), not of Ian Fleming's Bond films, so there are a lot of filmgoers who find this disappointing. It's not sensational enough for them.
½ February 20, 2016
This is definition of an average movie. Just enough to keep you invested but not enough to be considered great.
December 9, 2015
It wasn't great nor awful. It fell somewhere in between.
½ December 1, 2015
More of a piece that looks at the value of human life through the lens of an action film. A nice change from the shoot'em up bloodthirsty fare that now passes for entertainment.
½ September 12, 2015
Predictable okay, but very watchable and it was enjoyable and better then average from whats getting popped out these days.
August 1, 2013
I can only imagine that on paper this seemed like a good idea. In reality not even John Cusack could save it !! Distinctly average and if it wasn't for Cusack it would have been 1 star.
June 21, 2015
Unusual action thriller set in a comunication station. The particularity is that is nearly a two-actors movie. It's enough fun if you do not have nothing better to do.
June 10, 2015
Bland covert mission thriller which doesn't deliver much excitement. Main plot is murky and undefined. We have no stake in the assignment's success. Bad guys are not well identified. Main characters are intriguing but poorly developed. John Cusack is always a pleasure to watch.
June 28, 2013
Good movie to see. You won't regret it
½ May 19, 2015
I really enjoyed this movie. I thought the story line was interesting and that it was well fairly well directed. Both John Cusack and Malin Ackerman has good acting performances and good chemistry.
½ April 19, 2015
Good acting and actors, worthless script.
April 18, 2015
2015-04-18 pretty good suspense, not too scary. but hard to call the 15 broadcasts to be stopped 'innocent lives' as the synopsis here does..
½ March 5, 2015
It has a few decent action scenes, and a talented cast, but its quite forgettable.
½ November 17, 2014
I kind of expected it to be more like the TV show Numbers, but was more action, which was good.
September 23, 2014
They should replot the story like this: Emerson did not cancel the code for killing his own boss, instead he assigned it to himself. Then he asked his boss to let them go but the boss changed his mind after 10 days as he promised so Emerson exucuted his task by killing the boss and happy ever after with Catherine : )
August 29, 2014
The Numbers Station is a cheap and predictable thriller that works only because of its two leading cast members: John Cusack and Malin Akerman. I say SKIP IT!!!
August 25, 2014
The numbers station see a CIA agent given one last job to look after a code operator in a secret location in England. Soon the station comes under threat and he must protect the girl from being killed and decide if he should listen to the operator or go on his instinct. If the codes get into the wrong hands a number of people will face being executed.
August 12, 2014
Buena actuacion de John Cusack y Malin Akerman. Las Estaciones de Numeros seran Ciertas, algo q la CIA usara? Me encanto el tema de eso en este Filme.