The Outsider Reviews

• Jun 25, 2019

It wasn't half bad, a .lot better than many films of this genre.

It wasn't half bad, a .lot better than many films of this genre.

• Nov 07, 2017

A Rag-Tag Team Of Youngsters Just Happen To Help The 'Good Guy' Beefcake Bring Down A Major Crime Syndicate Without So Much As One Questioned Look Or A Thorough Explanation Of Why?? It Has More In Common With An Episode Of The Cartoon Scooby-Doo As The Bad Guys Are Easily Overcome In A Series Of Short Gun Battles. The Police Are Also One Dimensional Characters Whom Just Go-Along With The Whole Hodge-Podge Story, Essentially Covering For How Badly It Was All Conceived In The First Place. There Does Happen To Be The Occasional Bit Of Tension, But There Is A Lot More Needed Here Before Any Real Improvement Occurs.

• Apr 14, 2016

Crap wrapped with sh!t, there is not even enough violence

Crap wrapped with sh!t, there is not even enough violence

• Todd S Super Reviewer
    Dec 06, 2015

Some Writer/Directors prefer to use the same actors in their films. You can't blame them for wanting to work with people they're comfortable with, but not many Writer/Directors, remake the exact same movie with a slightly different twist. Brian A. Miller came out of relative obscurity to produce the hit action thriller, The Prince, starring Bruce Willis. Less than a year later, he followed it up with The Outsider, which is basically the exact same film! The Prince featured a former mafia turncoat, going to the city he once owned, in order to find his missing daughter. The Outsider features a former member of British Special Ops, coming to America, to find his missing daughter. Both films have similar endings, mafia bosses that are played by legendary action stars, and oddly enough, both films have a cameo by 50 cent. These two films are literally so similar to one another, that aside from the British accent, and Jason Patric in the role of the cop, nothing has really changed. As a fan of action film, I realize there aren't many different directions these films can go in, but to release what amounts to the exact same film, a year later, with several of the same actors, is just bizarre. The Outsider wasn't a bad film, and I did enjoy Craig Fairbrass, he was a beast, who I was previously unfamilar with, but aside from that, this is the exact same story as seen in The Prince. Wheather you chose to sit through this one or that one, really depends on who you like better, James Caan or Bruce Willis.

• Jun 21, 2015

I would recommend this one to action movie fans, on the whole it is really not exceptional, but it will fill some time, and you won't feel ripped off at the end..

• May 28, 2015

Oke to see once , but you don't get symphaty for any of the caracters

Oke to see once , but you don't get symphaty for any of the caracters

• Jan 25, 2015

I actually enjoyed it, but then again I enjoy Craig Fairbrass and his "that's total bollocks you slaaaag" approach :-)

• Jan 17, 2015

Good action packed film.

Good action packed film.

• Jan 06, 2015

This movie was good for one thing. It put me to sleep.

This movie was good for one thing. It put me to sleep.

• Jan 05, 2015

Typical, action nonsense with plenty of gunshots amd fistfights.

Typical, action nonsense with plenty of gunshots amd fistfights.