The Poison Rose Reviews

• Nov 26, 2019

amazing movie and beautiful story

amazing movie and beautiful story

• Oct 19, 2019

Great to see Brendan Fraser again. Loved his character. As for the rest of the movie...it was slow and boring and just WOULDN'T END soon enough.

• Oct 16, 2019

John Travolta slogs through this with all the energy of an anesthetized stray dog, which he resembles with a ghastly haircut and scruffy facial hair. Could he get any more unappealing? The sound track is just an annoying undercurrent of fly buzz. Predictable, slow and visually bankrupt. What a mess. Not one redeeming performance.

• Oct 16, 2019

Are you kidding me? This has awful written all over it within the first ten minutes. That's being generous. Truthfully, the disappointment was surprisingly evident in just the first five. John Travolta, what were you thinking? You deserve so much better. I honestly don't get it...at all. Thank God this vid was free on Prime. It is vapid, pathetic, and ultimately pointless. Then again, perhaps that's why it was. Still, I'll never be able to unsee this catastrophe. You owe me one, John Travolta! I want back that 1 hr and 37 minutes of my life. Thank you in advance. Can I give a half a star? I would if I could. So sorry. Better luck next time JT.DP

• Oct 13, 2019

Travolta is a terrible actor. No one from the Galveston area talks like his character. Except Bubba from Urban Cowboy.

• Oct 09, 2019

This movie is terrible. From the awful fake southern accents, to the unecessary character development of some and the lack of other main characters to the absolutely absent plot to the sh*tty ending to WHO TF IS BARBARA VANPOOLE!!!?? To be honest my favorite part was when the movie ended. Good that travolta, freeman, and fat Tarzan are still getting roles though but I don't think they would even enjoy this movie.

• Oct 07, 2019

It was meh....I really wanted it to be better.

It was meh....I really wanted it to be better.

• Oct 07, 2019

Suspense keeps you interested in what is going to happen next. Love this movie! John Travolta is a seasoned actor and his work speaks for itself. Love him in all of his movies... plays each character differently.

• Oct 02, 2019

Could only get about halfway through it. The only similarity it has to a true noir film seems to be its slooowwww, dragging pace. A good editor could improve it immensely just by cutting the gaps in the conversations. A shame; I started watching it because of the cast, but most of them could have phoned this one in.

• Sep 28, 2019

Good film noir type, which I love. John Travolta is always exciting & him playing a PI is a treat. Nice to see his pretty daughter in the movie. The scenery and 70s cars are beautiful. Parts were filmed in Savannah. Grabbed my attention- interesting plot & characters kept me involved. . Very entertaining- has some humor. I enjoyed it. So far I've watched it twice on Amazon Prime.