The Smurfs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Smurfs Reviews

½ July 20, 2017
Without the fun of the cartoon that inspired this movie, this is just a bland boring movie that was clearly only made for money. One of the worst movies I've ever seen.
½ July 19, 2017
It's cute and makes everyone laugh occasionally, but ends up being too generic and repetitive for to enjoy.
July 2, 2017
The decision to make a mostly live-action and only partially animated film out of the Smurfs was a bad idea. I thought Hank Azaria was funny and entertaining as Gargamel, and he has the best parts of the movie, there's no denying that, but even he's not enough to save this movie from being terrible.
June 11, 2017
The Smurfs is annoying, vapid, forgettable, derivative, badly animated, poorly acted, and a completely unnecessary disaster....yet it's still better than The Lost Village.
½ May 27, 2017
A poor rehash of the beloved cartoon and comic books.
Story:1|10
Visuals:3|10
Characters:3|10
Overall:2.1|10.
May 20, 2017
Just a dumb kids movie. Not even the cast can save it.
May 7, 2017
The Smurfs has its moments. It's intermittently funny with Hank Azaria offering amusement in a gleefully over-the-top role as Gargamel and Katy Perry being enthusiastic as Smurfette. Cute rendering that'll keep younger audiences diverted. Sadly, with Raja Gosnell in the director's chair and a formulaic plot in which - teeny weeny spoiler alert - the audience is expected to believe that Peyo is a sorta-time-jumper, this live-action/CG flick ends up becoming one Smurfed-up movie. It's somehow serviceable but there are far better movies out there that you'd be better off watching. This is what you get when Alvin and the Chipmunks and Enchanted have a baby. Don't expect me to be reviewing the former anytime soon due to my own personal reluctance to reunite with those little high-pitched Smurfers. Dammit with the use of "smurf" as a stand-in. *deep breath*. This review has gone on a bit longer than I myself had hoped for so I'm just going to stop here for now and wait till I've calmed down over these little blue men.
½ May 2, 2017
A cute movie for the entire family.
May 2, 2017
Not a movie I would see again I saw part of this on tv one day and I gave it a chance and I just did not like it!
April 11, 2017
The Smurfs has no need for so much silly action but Gargamels fails really brought the laugh out of me. If they really wanted it to take place in NYC they should have more places to explore than just an office, apartment and a toy store. I would have liked to see them on the statue of liberty because it would build up more suspense if they had more places to explore.
½ April 7, 2017
Very bad. Not quite unwatchable thanks to Neil Patrick Harris, but still pretty bad.
½ March 21, 2017
I just.....don't.....know.
March 15, 2017
Not my favorite I found it boring I do wish they where not making any more.
½ March 11, 2017
I miss Sony Picture Animation they made that surfs up movie and it was great. But this another one of their Broken franchises
March 4, 2017
Childish; predictable and damaged by and unremeakable story-telling, so its talented cast is so invisiblle as its quality.
½ February 11, 2017
Created by Peyo old children's favorite characters from the Smurfs get to your movie, computer animation you can get by looking at the (of course).
The result is sloppy, the theme song to sing and a little blue men of the small irritants come to New York, and will bring an embarrassing feeling to the viewer. When Neil Patrick Harris, Katy Perry, George Lopez, and The Simpsons familiar with Hank Azaria rub such a crap, still does not show improvement. Worse yes could go if the plot intrude even the best highly doubtful nonsense.
The movie complex has already been bland enough.
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 22, 2016
Buon inizio per la saga dei puffi,di cui ci si aspetti un sequel migliore
½ December 22, 2016
Meh. Couldnīt really find anything to really hate (besides the outdated cultural references) or like about this movie.
½ November 18, 2016
I enjoyed this movie and it had lots of laughs. Plotline was definitely cartoonish, but hey, its based off a cartoon!