The Thing Reviews

• Mar 22, 2020

Sadly even though it tries some new things it also repeats a lot of the original in not original ways. CGI is so bad, practical effects was the answer didn't they saw the original?

• Mar 02, 2020

Because of this prequel's lack of characterization and the practical effects that made the original so effective, it comes off as a weak rehash of the same story. Its connection to its successor also feels totally disconnected from the plot. (C)

• Feb 27, 2020

The thing is... why should we watch a movie like this? Poorly organized ideas for the screenplay which lead to a completely pointless plot. Furthermore, the visual effects are horrible and they don't give you any creepy vibe... Don't lose your time, look for something else, something better! My rating: 3/10

• Feb 06, 2020

I hope someone got fired for deciding to use that CG. WHAT A MESS OF A MOVIE. The scary practical effects were covered with terrible CG by some knob head at the studio and ruined what could’ve been another classic. RELEASE THE ORIGINAL VERSION

• Jan 01, 2020

great film , most people complain but its good connected , after this you want to watch previous movie that takes part after this. Love it

• Dec 31, 2019

It was an ok film, something I haven't seen before probably much like the original but I haven't seen that one. But I would recommend.

• Dec 30, 2019

Well this is great, how the critiques even have a right to say anything about this movies because half of the morons doesnt even know that this is not a remake of the 82 the thing. Everything make sense. It is a beginning of the story about the thing, and most important it is a far more better than the idiots are writing, both the critiques and the public. The movie really sticks to the story, same place, same creature, and puts everything in the place, but ofc far more realistic than the 82 sequel.

• Dec 23, 2019

This film deserves the criticism it gets and while flawed and nowhere near the classic Carpenter film, it did finally tell the tale of how the Thing was discovered. Also the limitations of the Thing not being able to replicate metal was a clever touch in my opinion.

• Dec 17, 2019

Prequel ? Meh.....the final running scenes do not qualify it as such. It's just another mash up of the, far superior, second outing in ‘82. Question ; one of the segways was the radio operator, frozen in the chair, with his throat and wrists cut. But who was it, as all the staff members were accountable in the plot ?

• Nov 15, 2019

Whoever mad the decision to change the practical effects to CGI should be shipped off to a mental hospital.