The Three Musketeers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Three Musketeers Reviews

½ July 25, 2016
Completely rubbish! This is a ripoff of the original movies,
There was nothing about this movie that takes a lot from the original
instead made it more complicated and hard to follow.

The 3 Fuckateers is A Big Fat Waste Of Our Money.

Score: 0/10
½ March 16, 2016
The cast is honestly not bad and the movie moves quickly. Sadly, the action and story are uninspired in every way.
March 11, 2016
Exquisite Steampunk costumes mask a glaringly weird adaptation on Dumas's classic. A lavish location. A film that was doing well until the skyships appeared. Thence it was just about having surreal fun. Ha Ha Ha.
March 9, 2016
Nice sword play in this film.
February 18, 2016
A great cast cannot keep this poorly written movie from being totally boring from start to end.
February 8, 2016
I. Love. Matthew. Macfadyen. Can't wait for this!
January 22, 2016
It was a fun movie, it introduced some new ideas. Its just so none sensical, I really couldn't get into the characters or the struggle because it all just made no sense. If you like crazy stuff that makes zero sense than this is probably the best movie you'll ever see.
½ December 3, 2015
If Explosive diarrhea was a film this would be it. You know whats coming it's uncomfortable and makes you feel dirty even after it's all over. I had to give this 1/2* in order to be able to transmit my contempt it probably owes me money for watching it. This film has no possible redeeming features other than it's end and I don't mean the final scene I mean that someone put it out of it's misery. Who knew 17th Century French people had such grating American accents.
½ August 31, 2015
A reboot film about the three musketeers but the film under uses the musketeers them selves in this very OTT version, the cast was a fine pick but the performances wont help them, its very beautifully shot and has some good effects but its too effects heavy for this kind of film, i cant comment on the 3D as i watched the 2D version, the last 20 minutes were pretty good but the rest is nothing great, a reboot noone asked for and noone will be remembering anytime soon.
August 30, 2015
The good performances couldn't save this movie from being aesthetically pleasing but truly boring. But Milla Jovovich, Logan Lerman, and Orlando Bloom are charming.
½ August 3, 2015
The film takes a lot of liberties with the story to enable it to give its actions sequences a unique edge to what is an overly filmed story on film. As an action-comedy it gets away with this, although the comedy will only draw laughs from children.
August 2, 2015
The BBC's Musketeers series is one of my favourite shows and has set the benchmark for how entertaining these characters can be. Maybe that show has ruined this for me because I was totally unengaged by these portrayals. The story just isn't that great, the weird non-historical airship elements are just ridiculous, there are a couple of bits of really weak CGI and I didn't really care much for any of the characters.
½ June 25, 2015
More or less a sillier Pirates of the Caribbean, sort of. In that case it was Sparrow who was silly. Everyone else was responding to him. That was more swashbuckling and honor. Here we have mostly everyone serious, except when trying to be smart and sassy. Sea travel in the skies. Orlando Bloom rocking poufy shorts, feathers, funny hair, and a bit of "muah ha ha" mustaches. Matthew MacFayden, aka Mr. Darcy as the love-lorn one. Luke Evans, Lake Town dish. And Insurgent Bad Dad/Thor fat warrior. Ah, and Craig from Doctor Who. And some teen winning in sword fights against trained men but stands about a head shorter than the Muskateers. The King and Queen are kind of adorable. Plenty of swish and clang, leathery pants, and jeweled dresses.
½ June 15, 2015
Wow this was seriously one of the worst movies I have ever watched. Such an amazing cast and then this ? not sure if this was meant to be a childs movies or just a clean and unrealistic waste of time. Very disappointing. Mr. Walz ? why oh why ?
½ June 11, 2015
Watch the trailer first.
June 9, 2015
Good adventurous popcorn flick.
May 16, 2015
Ok, this is not the best version of TTM, and although the kid who plays D'Artagnan is only marginal, I still think this version was great fun, especially seeing Orlando be a bad guy. Plus it introduced me to Matthew MacFadyen, for which I will be eternally grateful.
March 27, 2015
Interesting Take, I Liked It....
March 24, 2015
I'm not very much into sword fights, no matter the skill or originality. Almost all of the fight scenes were of sword fights, so naturally, I wasn't as enthused as I could have been. This movie is a little corny (but within reason, being the three musketeers) and the plot seemed to move a little too quickly or too slowly in some key points. For example: getting the girl, which should involved much more character development, rather than simply beating up the bad guys.