The Three Musketeers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Three Musketeers Reviews

January 22, 2017
Great movie. I'm not sure why everyone is crying about it being a bad movie. Not every old fashioned movie needs to be cliché and this version had me laughing from start to finish with lots of action. All the actors were great and the cgi fit right in to the tone of the movie. Should have made a sequel. People need to lighten up..
January 21, 2017
This movie was bad. Did not accurately portray the true story of the Three Musketeers. The airships showed that. The acting was bad. The action was good at times.
½ January 18, 2017
A mess of a story, nonsensical in all ways with terrible acting and dull one dimensional characters. I am rather stumped at how so many big name actors signed up to a Paul WS Anderson film. Was then more depressing when I realized Richelieu was being played by Christoph Waltz. Why? The pay couldn't possibly have been good enough to justify saying "yes" to this trash.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 24, 2016
What a disappointment!
August 25, 2016
i want to see it so bad so when does it come out on dvd. (Edited) I don't remember watching this movie I could watch it again idk yet..
jamrcla
½ July 29, 2016
A reboot film about The Three Musketeers but the film under uses the Musketeers them selves in this very OTT version, The cast was a fine pick but the performances won't help them, It's very beautifully shot and has some good effects but it's too effects heavy for this kind of film, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version, The last 20 minutes were pretty good but the rest is nothing great, A reboot nobody asked for and nobody will be remembering anytime soon.
½ July 25, 2016
Completely rubbish! This is a ripoff of the original movies,
There was nothing about this movie that takes a lot from the original
instead made it more complicated and hard to follow.

The 3 Fuckateers is A Big Fat Waste Of Our Money.

Score: 0/10
½ March 16, 2016
The cast is honestly not bad and the movie moves quickly. Sadly, the action and story are uninspired in every way.
March 11, 2016
Exquisite Steampunk costumes mask a glaringly weird adaptation on Dumas's classic. A lavish location. A film that was doing well until the skyships appeared. Thence it was just about having surreal fun. Ha Ha Ha.
March 9, 2016
Nice sword play in this film.
February 18, 2016
A great cast cannot keep this poorly written movie from being totally boring from start to end.
February 8, 2016
I. Love. Matthew. Macfadyen. Can't wait for this!
January 22, 2016
It was a fun movie, it introduced some new ideas. Its just so none sensical, I really couldn't get into the characters or the struggle because it all just made no sense. If you like crazy stuff that makes zero sense than this is probably the best movie you'll ever see.
½ December 3, 2015
If Explosive diarrhea was a film this would be it. You know whats coming it's uncomfortable and makes you feel dirty even after it's all over. I had to give this 1/2* in order to be able to transmit my contempt it probably owes me money for watching it. This film has no possible redeeming features other than it's end and I don't mean the final scene I mean that someone put it out of it's misery. Who knew 17th Century French people had such grating American accents.
August 30, 2015
The good performances couldn't save this movie from being aesthetically pleasing but truly boring. But Milla Jovovich, Logan Lerman, and Orlando Bloom are charming.
½ August 3, 2015
The film takes a lot of liberties with the story to enable it to give its actions sequences a unique edge to what is an overly filmed story on film. As an action-comedy it gets away with this, although the comedy will only draw laughs from children.
August 2, 2015
The BBC's Musketeers series is one of my favourite shows and has set the benchmark for how entertaining these characters can be. Maybe that show has ruined this for me because I was totally unengaged by these portrayals. The story just isn't that great, the weird non-historical airship elements are just ridiculous, there are a couple of bits of really weak CGI and I didn't really care much for any of the characters.
½ June 25, 2015
More or less a sillier Pirates of the Caribbean, sort of. In that case it was Sparrow who was silly. Everyone else was responding to him. That was more swashbuckling and honor. Here we have mostly everyone serious, except when trying to be smart and sassy. Sea travel in the skies. Orlando Bloom rocking poufy shorts, feathers, funny hair, and a bit of "muah ha ha" mustaches. Matthew MacFayden, aka Mr. Darcy as the love-lorn one. Luke Evans, Lake Town dish. And Insurgent Bad Dad/Thor fat warrior. Ah, and Craig from Doctor Who. And some teen winning in sword fights against trained men but stands about a head shorter than the Muskateers. The King and Queen are kind of adorable. Plenty of swish and clang, leathery pants, and jeweled dresses.
½ June 15, 2015
Wow this was seriously one of the worst movies I have ever watched. Such an amazing cast and then this ? not sure if this was meant to be a childs movies or just a clean and unrealistic waste of time. Very disappointing. Mr. Walz ? why oh why ?