The Way Way Back Reviews

• Jun 30, 2021

Fantastic coming of age movie that is spiced up by great script writing, funny dialogue and as refreshing as a pool on a hot summer day!

• Jun 22, 2021

I expected this film to be a half-assed sappy family story, but although there certainly is a fair amount of sap, it's anything but half-assed. It's genuinely funny and heartfelt, and turns a mostly predictable story into something you wouldn't mind watching again.

• Apr 29, 2021

I can watch this Fun drama over and over in a loop!! Every. Single. Character. Is mesmerizing. SEE IT TODAY!

• Apr 20, 2021

Really great feel good movie that'll make you miss those great summers as a kid. Sam Rockwell is amazing as always. Funny, sweet movie.

• Apr 02, 2021

It's a juicy movie, however it could be a little more intimate

It's a juicy movie, however it could be a little more intimate

• Mar 02, 2021

I relate to Duncan - hard, the journey is enjoyable but unfortunately the climax is a bit of a mess, as a key conflict (the parents) is only developed on the surface level.

• Jan 28, 2021

This is one of my favourite movies because I find it highly relatable with my values and beliefs.

• Jan 11, 2021

Anticlimactic, cliche, and cringey Awkward teen somehow transforms in popular kid over summer in cottage town. Creepy dude takes him under wing and not-so funny events lead to a meh finish. No build up. Weird, unbelievable moments (cute girls falls for nerd with sub-standard social abilities, everybody claps at discomforting breakdancing attempt, etc.). Unconvincing, wooden performances with zero chemistry amongst characters. Particularly, Steve Carell doesn't do a great villain.

• Dec 27, 2020

This movie rocked my socks off. It's one of my favorites. A superb coming of age film that older audiences can relate to.

• Nov 14, 2020

I disagree with some reviews that think it is formulaic. As a fan of coming of age stories, this had many novel and original plot lines. Additionally, most coming of age stories are somewhat serious overall, but this really has some hilarious moments